ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 74
« First < 19596566676869 70717273 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL Chiefs @ Steelers Week 2 Preseason Game Thread****
Hammock Parties 12:01 AM 08-17-2019
Let's score touchdowns and shit.

We got the keys to this crib now.
[Reply]
O.city 08:48 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It's turning out to be a mistake. I hate to put too much stock in preseason. But does anyone have any confidence in Henne if we need him for a few games? I don't think the #2 qb is even close to an open shut case.
Yes it’s done

I’ve seen him win a game or two in the nfl

It’s the least of the chiefs worries
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:51 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
18 games is just too much football for these guys on top of potential playoffs.

IF they did do that, they would have to give each player a couple of breaks just to keep them physically able, and I hate the thought of having to strategically tank a couple of games essentially.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it... and the NFL’s schedule is far from broke.
Agreed. These days it seems the preseason is a lot more about scouting players than it is preparing the starters. Why not just separate the two out. Maybe 1 or 2 preseason scrimmages with starters only - real football, only one half of play. The rest of the team, why not make a competitive preseason? The players would appreciate the tryout, the fans get football that means something, the team would appreciate getting a better look
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:52 AM 08-18-2019
Has Robinson done anything this preseason besides fly with the blue angels? I don’t think I’ve seen him mentioned any besides trade bait.
[Reply]
FringeNC 08:57 AM 08-18-2019
It's turning out to be a mistake. I hate to put too much stock in preseason. But does anyone have any confidence in Henne if we need him for a few games? I don't think the #2 qb is even close to an open shut case.
Henne's decent for a backup. If Mahomes goes down for 4 games, we certainly not going 0-4. Too much talent on offense.
[Reply]
wheeler08 09:02 AM 08-18-2019
Henne threw a tight pass to Hardman for that TD. It’s not like Chase Daniel was competing to be a starter either.
[Reply]
Buckweath 09:03 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Has Robinson done anything this preseason besides fly with the blue angels? I don’t think I’ve seen him mentioned any besides trade bait.
He was named the most improved player by the great Gil Brandt.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:22 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/...660938240?s=21
:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:45 AM 08-18-2019
That's a better angle of Darwin's jump cut at :49. Watching the broadcast I was wondering why he wasn't getting upfield, but he needed to get out much wider in order to do so.

Mecole is going to have a ton of opportunities, too. Mahomes won't miss him like Henne or Litton have. Even if he's the fifth or sixth option in this offense he could still contribute a fair amount.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:48 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
He can play and with Kemp down it locked him in

Hill
Watkins
Hardman
Robinson
Thompson
[Reply]
oldman 10:09 AM 08-18-2019
I don't think Andy is ready to have a PS player (last year) as #2 and a rookie potential cut as #3. I think if either Litton or Shurmur steps up, they'll be the #2 next year.
Henne wouldn't be my choice for any more than a couple games, but again, where are you going to find a reliable #2 at this time of the year.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 10:10 AM 08-18-2019
This. All day long. Between those two and Thornhill, Veach has had a pretty great draft. Three real contributors early.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:14 AM 08-18-2019
I think we might have found a hidden gem in Damien Wilson. That guy looks like what we were hoping Ragland would be.
He’s been terrific so far in run defense. Dude is an animal taking on blocks and he just understands angles and how to fill gaps in a hurry.

Darron Lee has been outstanding as well. The pursuit speed and pass coverage he has is very valuable.

Man Veach and Spags did work this offseason. Lot of great value players were added.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:20 AM 08-18-2019
Any word on Speaks's injury today?
[Reply]
O.city 10:24 AM 08-18-2019
I wouldn’t be overly worried about Saunders yet

It was an upside type pick and it may take him some time to develop
[Reply]
FAX 10:25 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I think we might have found a hidden gem in Damien Wilson. That guy looks like what we were hoping Ragland would be.
He’s been terrific so far in run defense. Dude is an animal taking on blocks and he just understands angles and how to fill gaps in a hurry.

Darron Lee has been outstanding as well. The pursuit speed and pass coverage he has is very valuable.

Man Veach and Spags did work this offseason. Lot of great value players were added.
I haven't focused on Wilson ... I should, though ...

As for Lee, I have generally good thoughts about the guy ... range, closing speed, hitting power ... they all seem very good (especially compared to what we're accustomed to).

However, by my count, he's now whiffed on three (count 'em 3) mano-a-mano TFLs. He isn't breaking down at all, just diving for the guy at full go and allowing the runner to simply sidestep his completely out-of-control, ramming technique. I'm sure he's also screaming like a banshee as he launches himself into the ground.

Perhaps he needs to spend an additional 3 or 4 hours a day practicing with the giant, red donuts.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 69 of 74
« First < 19596566676869 70717273 > Last »
Up