ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sorry if discussed, but wtf Andy
MightyMouse 03:39 PM 08-16-2019
Love Reid. Everyone has a weakness or two and I defend Andy a lot but I’m pretty pissed about playing the starters, especially for a half. Mahomes got hit hard on the first play and came down on his arm last week. Then you have the run that he slid but he could have had a non contact injury when he stopped and cut that play back.
I don’t think I can be convinced that having him out there running basic plays is gonna make a bit of difference. We hope this is a 19 game season, why expose the important guys to more.
Would love to see them take the Rams approach who aren’t even having 20 guys travel.

This also gives more run for back ups to face better competition in a preaseason game if the other team is playing starters early.

I get it for the defense a bit. I don’t think they don’t need a half but I’m fine with them getting some time.
I also don’t wanna see D Lee playing as much. If anyone needs the extra work it’s Raggland. IMO Lee is the 2-3rd most important LBer on this team.

/rant
[Reply]
oldman 07:39 AM 08-17-2019
It's pretty much SOP for the starters to play 1-2 series in preseason game 1, 1 1/2 to 2 quarters the 2nd, into the 2nd half for game 3, and pretty much sit for #4. Of course there's a chance for injury, but there is in every game. I can remember a season not too long ago we DJ, and someone else in the 1st game. You can't bubble wrap these guys.
[Reply]
Setsuna 08:50 AM 08-17-2019
OP joined March 2019. Move along.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 09:20 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
OP joined March 2019. Move along.
Weird that even matters. Not a welcoming group?
[Reply]
Hoover 09:36 AM 08-17-2019
I actually think its good for him to take a hit and feel the game.

Now I don't want a ton of that, but you kinda have to do the real thing to prepare.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 09:37 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by oldman:
It's pretty much SOP for the starters to play 1-2 series in preseason game 1, 1 1/2 to 2 quarters the 2nd, into the 2nd half for game 3, and pretty much sit for #4. Of course there's a chance for injury, but there is in every game. I can remember a season not too long ago we DJ, and someone else in the 1st game. You can't bubble wrap these guys.
Plenty of coaches use to follow a similar plan but that is changing. The Rams had 10 starters not take one snap last preseason. That didn’t seem to be a problem for them.
Several teams are now playing playing starters very limited. Bears, Eagles are two of the teams following the rams trend and those are two HC’s from the Andy Reid tree. I just don’t think Andy is the type of person to change his ways.
A lot of people responding seem to think it’s some sort of insane idea to sit starters in these games.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:05 AM 08-17-2019
You never said hello back.
[Reply]
oldman 10:41 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I actually think its good for him to take a hit and feel the game.
Were you talking about PMII or the OP? :-)

It's not insane to sit the starters, but you need to get them used to the speed of the game. It's been 7 months for them and no matter how much of a vet they are, they need those reps and to take a couple hits.
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:20 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by MightyMouse:
Love Reid. Everyone has a weakness or two and I defend Andy a lot but I’m pretty pissed about playing the starters, especially for a half. Mahomes got hit hard on the first play and came down on his arm last week. Then you have the run that he slid but he could have had a non contact injury when he stopped and cut that play back.
I don’t think I can be convinced that having him out there running basic plays is gonna make a bit of difference. We hope this is a 19 game season, why expose the important guys to more.
Would love to see them take the Rams approach who aren’t even having 20 guys travel.

This also gives more run for back ups to face better competition in a preaseason game if the other team is playing starters early.

I get it for the defense a bit. I don’t think they don’t need a half but I’m fine with them getting some time.
I also don’t wanna see D Lee playing as much. If anyone needs the extra work it’s Raggland. IMO Lee is the 2-3rd most important LBer on this team.

/rant

Hello friend!
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:30 AM 08-17-2019
Dumb OP

This is normal for teams to do it's how they get a feel for the game. Next week he will play the starters into the third quarter but the last preseason may not play them but a series just to keep from being rusty opening weekend.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:46 AM 08-17-2019
Cocaine is a helluva drug.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:09 PM 08-17-2019
I hear ya but injuries can happen ant time. Cant live scared your whole life.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:48 PM 08-17-2019
How wonderfully irrelevant this is.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 02:19 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Dumb OP

This is normal for teams to do it's how they get a feel for the game. Next week he will play the starters into the third quarter but the last preseason may not play them but a series just to keep from being rusty opening weekend.
This is not really true. The trend has been to play starters less.

Those saying it’s irrelevant or you can’t put them in bubble wrong are way off. It’s not putting them in bubble wrap. Limiting chance of injury in situations that don’t matter is smart. It’s very relevant if you lose Mahomes for even half a season. There is a reason they don’t hit the hit the qb in practice. They also have several practices they don’t even tackle. Injuries happen, I get it but your silly to think minimizing risk doesn’t make sense.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:25 PM 08-17-2019
I will sanction a Saul Bad Rep Campaign targeting you Minnie Mouse, if you don't start reciprocating some love, got it?!
[Reply]
Setsuna 02:25 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by MightyMouse:
Weird that even matters. Not a welcoming group?
It did matter back when I joined. This place has lost its burst. Has lost it for a while now.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up