ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Sorry if discussed, but wtf Andy
MightyMouse 03:39 PM 08-16-2019
Love Reid. Everyone has a weakness or two and I defend Andy a lot but I’m pretty pissed about playing the starters, especially for a half. Mahomes got hit hard on the first play and came down on his arm last week. Then you have the run that he slid but he could have had a non contact injury when he stopped and cut that play back.
I don’t think I can be convinced that having him out there running basic plays is gonna make a bit of difference. We hope this is a 19 game season, why expose the important guys to more.
Would love to see them take the Rams approach who aren’t even having 20 guys travel.

This also gives more run for back ups to face better competition in a preaseason game if the other team is playing starters early.

I get it for the defense a bit. I don’t think they don’t need a half but I’m fine with them getting some time.
I also don’t wanna see D Lee playing as much. If anyone needs the extra work it’s Raggland. IMO Lee is the 2-3rd most important LBer on this team.

/rant
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:19 PM 08-16-2019
It’s the trend in football. Some teams didn’t play their starters at all last week. If all teams are doing it, we are not at a disadvantage.
[Reply]
FAX 04:20 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by MightyMouse:
Most starting QB’s except Murray haven’t played much at all. The risk don’t outweigh the very little if any benefits for most this guys.
That is truly a mighty language you have going there, dude ...

Is this mouse-speak? Cheese in your keyboard?

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 04:25 PM 08-16-2019
Here's the deal ...

A coach who is so frightened of injury that he doesn't play his starters at all in the pre-season is going to scare the hell out of his players. They will have injury concerns and this will make them a bunch of timid pussies.

Therefore, this issue boils down to whether or not you want true warriors on the field or a squad of timid pussies.

Our players are lucky since Wally would probably prefer to hit each guy on the head with a 2x4 as they come down the tunnel.

FAX
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:30 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yes. His feet are in sync with his brain. This is why his accuracy appears to be so much better this year.

I really think he completes 70 percent of his passes this year. He is going to get Brees comparisons.
If he's doing that, just imagine what he's going to look like on the deep ball. A QB with that big of an arm shouldn't be underthrowing things but for some reason he just wasn't as accurate. If he steps into his deep throws instead of off his back foot and starts throwing those bombs with accuracy, hoo boy....
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 04:31 PM 08-16-2019
I don’t know if this is a real thread. Let me call my buddy who can come here and tell me if it’s a real thread or not.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:23 PM 08-16-2019
Quit putting skirts on them.

I don't give a shit what wiz-kid McVay with the Rams does with his players.

If you have shit to iron out and practice, then fucking practice it. Use the preseason games to practice it. It's as simple as that.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 05:55 PM 08-16-2019
Let’s be real, people that want to see starters play just want to watch them play and don’t understand that it isn’t going to change the outcome of the regular season unless someone gets hurt. Mahomes and several others don’t need these games. No positives for several of these of these guys, only bad can happen. There has growing trend to playing starters less and less for a reason.
If Mahomes gets hurt, there will be a thread that is 95% full of why the heck is he even playing in the preseason. It hasn’t happened yet so now the response is, you want to put skirts on these guys, who cares what other teams are doing, and this stupid just shut up.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:58 PM 08-16-2019
Mahomes and several others don’t need these games.
Andy thinks they do.
[Reply]
eDave 05:58 PM 08-16-2019
Let’s be real, people that want to see starters play just want to watch them play and don’t understand that it isn’t going to change the outcome of the regular season unless someone gets hurt. Mahomes and several others don’t need these games. No positives for several of these of these guys, only bad can happen. There has growing trend to playing starters less and less for a reason.
If Mahomes gets hurt, there will be a thread that is 95% full of why the heck is he even playing in the preseason. It hasn’t happened yet so now the response is, you want to put skirts on these guys, who cares what other teams are doing, and this stupid just shut up.
I bolded the bullshit for everyone.
[Reply]
Best22 05:58 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Most QBs have been in the league long enough to where the extra reps mean close to nothing. Mahomes is still very young.

By the way, not a ton of plays to look at, but am I the only one that felt like Mahomes' footwork looked much better in the first preseason game?
His feet were better in camp
[Reply]
-King- 06:02 PM 08-16-2019
And if those teams have shitty slow starts? It's one thing that roethlisberger isn't playing, but it's crazy to me that trubisky hasn't played.

I'm happy with how Reid does preseason.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:03 PM 08-16-2019
Related question - is OP retarded?
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:14 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
If he's doing that, just imagine what he's going to look like on the deep ball. A QB with that big of an arm shouldn't be underthrowing things but for some reason he just wasn't as accurate. If he steps into his deep throws instead of off his back foot and starts throwing those bombs with accuracy, hoo boy....
He overthrew most long balls...
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:20 PM 08-16-2019
Rookie year- Mahomes sat for 16 weeks. Starts week 17 and blew everyone away with just how good he looked as a rookie, with back ups, on the road, against a team that prides itself on defense.

Last year- the worst play he had was the INT at NE end of the half. That is the type of mistakes that when cleaned up he will be even a better QB. That is not a situation that will come up preseason. Shit guys, based off pressing Andy Dalton looked good. You are crazy if you think preason is making him a better QB this season or will have any impact of the Chiefs making the super bowl. Guys, the playing calling is as vanilla as it gets.
Hill, Kelce, most the Oline are not getting better by playing in these. . I’m fine with people disagreeing, everyone can have there own opinion. There are a lot of people including NFL coaches that don’t like starters playing much in the preseason. It’s just simply not worth it.
I know it’s fun to jump on someone on a message and try to get some e laughs but I haven’t seen one person make an intelligent argument that is a convincing counter.
[Reply]
eDave 06:22 PM 08-16-2019
Rookie year- Mahomes sat for 16 weeks. Starts week 17 and blew everyone away with just how good he looked as a rookie, with back ups, on the road, against a team that prides itself on defense.

Last year- the worst play he had was the INT at NE end of the half. That is the type of mistakes that when cleaned up he will be even a better QB. That is not a situation that will come up preseason. Shit guys, based off pressing Andy Dalton looked good. You are crazy if you think preason is making him a better QB this season or will have any impact of the Chiefs making the super bowl. Guys, the playing calling is as vanilla as it gets.
Hill, Kelce, most the Oline are not getting better by playing in these. . I’m fine with people disagreeing, everyone can have there own opinion. There are a lot of people including NFL coaches that don’t like starters playing much in the preseason. It’s just simply not worth it.
I know it’s fun to jump on someone on a message and try to get some e laughs but I haven’t seen one person make an intelligent argument that is a convincing counter.
I did.

You are coming at us with opinion. We are coming at you with facts.

Enjoy you're thread.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up