Other (discuss below) 24 12.18%
Drew Brees 3 1.52%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who is the GOAT QB?
Amnorix 11:56 AM 08-16-2019
Other than Mahomes, of course... :-)

I came up with my top 10, or you can fill in the blank.

(Jesus, no Brees. I am a genious... :-))
[Reply]
Bump 05:10 PM 08-16-2019
Brady has the rings and probably nobody will ever have as many as he has. At least I doubt that.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:19 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
Brady has the rings and probably nobody will ever have as many as he has. At least I doubt that.
Back in the no skirts allowed era, Brady would be carrying Joes jockstrap around for him
[Reply]
BWillie 05:21 PM 08-16-2019
YA Tittle
[Reply]
Best22 06:41 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
This, honestly, is crap. The Colts defense was pretty solid alot of those years. As for talent -- BOTH Harrison AND Wayne are better than any receiver Brady ever had outside of 3 lousy years of Moss. Their OLine was revered when they had Mudd. Jeff Saturday was no slouch, and Tarik Glenn was very good. Running backs -- Edge was excellent, and Addai was above average.

Don't get me wrong -- nobody will confuse the Peyton-era Colts with the 60s Packers or 70s Steelers for talent -- but it was a different league. They weren't suffering for talent relative to the rest of the NFL.
Yep. Those old Colts teams were pretty loaded. Brady/Belichick>Manning/Dungy.
[Reply]
Best22 06:55 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Back in the no skirts allowed era, Brady would be carrying Joes jockstrap around for him
Brady was healthier relative to his peers than Montana

Also, why do so many fans here worship Elway? He was a very good QB but not a GOAT. He was no better than Favre. And Favre won 3 straight MVPs. It took a strike-shortened season for Elway to even win 1. He had the most expensive team in the AFC in the pre-salary cap 1980s, and “dragged” good defensive teams to SBs by beating the Cleveland Browns—notorious chokers (those games gave them their reputation). Real good player, but he enjoyed a really good situation in Denver (until the early 90s when his feud with Reeves boiled over)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:04 PM 08-16-2019
Brady's had offensive talent too.

Moss is one of the best receivers of all all time, probably the best deep threat WR. Wes Welker was possibly the best slot receiver of all time. Gronk was one of the best TEs of all time. Hernandez, Edelman, Gordon, etc. He's had people to throw to. And that's not to mention his OL and stable of RBs.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:28 PM 08-16-2019
Poll should be split into two sections: before the rules eliminated defense in the NFL and after.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:28 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Prefers to carry his son's while making out with him...
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:32 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Poll should be split into two sections: before the rules eliminated defense in the NFL and after.
Joe and Tom owned those eras. That makes it easy.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:37 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Indeed. He may look 1/2 skeletor and 1/2 pedophile, but Tongue Ticklin' Tom was a God damned good QB.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:39 PM 08-16-2019
No matter the sport..getting the rings and being clutch account for a nice chunk of the GOAT equation which is why
Tom>Peyton
Jordan>Everyone else
[Reply]
vailpass 07:40 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
That’s definitely one argument. Among several. Problem with having been here this long is topics like this have been done so many times it’s like a rerun.

Might be interesting to pull up all of the other threads on this same topic to see if anyone’s opinions have evolved.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:43 PM 08-16-2019
Looking at that list I want to say Montana or Marino.

Notice how the greatest QBs names start with "M"?

Marino, Montana, Mahomes, Manning.

Brady is the best system QB of all time. Any of the "M"s would win 6 or more rings with belichick.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:43 PM 08-16-2019
1. Brady
2. Montana (edge to Brady because of the prolonged success, titles, and being the best QB of the “Passing League” NFL)
3. Peyton
4. Marino (no titles, but ridiculous numbers in the Pre-Passing League era)
5. Aaron Rodgers (at his best, he was the best I’ve ever seen)

I fully expect Mahomes to crack this list someday though.
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:47 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I realize that I should say Joe Montana, but I have to vote for Dan Marino. That guy was amazing. He was almost Mahomes-ian in his abilities.

This probably isn't fair to Otto Graham and Johnny Unitas, or Sammy Baugh for that matter. Those guys were before my time, but if you look at them relative to their time, they were amazing players.

Sammy Baugh threw for almost 3,000 yards in 1947 with a 90+ passer rating, and Otto Graham dominated the league for years in both production and championships. Johnny Unitas was the first NFL passer to hit 3,000 yards in 1960, and he did it in a 12-game season.
We think alike. Folks compare Mahomes to favre but he reminds me more of Marino. We all know it's belichick winning those rings. Hell just look at last year's AFC championship game. Mahomes would have beat Brady there if not for belichick.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 12
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up