Other (discuss below) 24 12.18%
Drew Brees 3 1.52%
Voters: 197. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Who is the GOAT QB?
Amnorix 11:56 AM 08-16-2019
Other than Mahomes, of course... :-)

I came up with my top 10, or you can fill in the blank.

(Jesus, no Brees. I am a genious... :-))
[Reply]
Jerok 01:21 PM 08-16-2019
What the fuck? Did any of you watch the 28 to 3 Superbowl? I thought that put an end to this discussion. Clearly its Matt Ryan.
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 01:26 PM 08-16-2019
Get Elway off this fucking list.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:26 PM 08-16-2019
Joe Montana. This isn't even a discussion and never will be. The rest of them just fall behind in a big lump.

The better discussion is who is the greatest QB to play but not be in the HOF. My vote goes to the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL, Ken Anderson.
[Reply]
Best22 01:27 PM 08-16-2019
Since Mahomes wasn’t listed I had to vote Brady
[Reply]
DaFace 01:28 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
CRAP, I should've included Brees. Jesus. My poll is f'ing invalid. Goddammit!!!
We can delete the poll entirely and let you re-add it. We can't add a new option.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:28 PM 08-16-2019
Eli Manning has more passing yards, more passing touchdowns, a higher completion percentage, a higher touchdown percentage, a lower interception percentage, and a higher career rating than John Elway. Eli has also played two fewer games than Elway did for his career.

They’ve both won 2 Super Bowls, but Eli has 2 Super Bowl MVPs. Factor in also that twice the greatest coach and defensive mind ever had 2 weeks to prepare for Eli Manning, but Eli walked away with the Lombardi and the MVP award twice.

Not saying Eli’s a better all time QB, but there isn’t a real compelling argument that Elway is that far ahead.
[Reply]
Lprechaun 01:41 PM 08-16-2019
In a game that has changed to favor one side of the ball over another you cant name a GOAT, you can name a greatest of that era.
Current era its Brees Brady Manning,
Before that guys like Young, Montana, Marino
Then there is the group that I always consider above all others because they could just get murdered back there and the stats werent screwed by rules.
Bradshaw Dawson Staubach
Football has just had too many major changes that affect the game
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:04 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Greatest passer of all time is Brees or Warner; everyone else can vie for #3 if they'd like, but as pure passers I've never seen anyone better than those 2.

Greatest multi-threat QB of all time is Steve Young. And if I could choose any QB to start a franchise with and have that QB at 23 yrs old going forward, it would be Mahomes...but Young would be #2. I think you could've given him any coach and any system at any time and he'd have been able to execute it at the highest level. Steve Young is criminally underrated.

Greatest career of all time has to be Brady. I mean fuck you if I'll ever vote for him in a poll or anything; I'm not reducing that to a number. But dude has like 10 AFC championships and 6 SB rings or whatever - the numbers are so goddamn ridiculous as to defy memory. He has SB comebacks and amazing playoff performances. Sure, his coach is a wizard and his division is a joke so he has had more opportunities than anyone, but he's done quite a damn bit on his own.
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Question: Why doesn't anyone criticize Brees for this?

The dude has 2 of the most inexplicable losses of all time on his playoff resume. The 2010 1st round home playoff loss to a 7-9 football team. A Seahawks team that was losing 35-10 in the 4th quarter the following week to a Lovie Smith coached Bears squad before putting up 2 garbage time scores and losing in a slightly less embarrassing manner.

And being outgunned by Alex Smith.

And people want to give him a pass on that goofy Minnesota loss when his safety missed the tackle and they lost w/ 0:00 on the clock but Drew - maybe don't throw 2 picks? And the Rams PI last year was brutal but Brees was in full dink/dunk mode by then and was incapable of putting the Rams away in that game. The Saints had their foot on the Rams neck in the 1st half and got virtually nothing out of it. With the ball first, an interception (giving them the ball at the Ram 16) and a 3 and out, the Saints converted 1 of those opportunities into 6 because Brees couldn't power the football into small windows in the red zone. Up 20-10 in the 2nd half and the Saints go Punt, Punt, FG to keep the Rams alive.

And for as bad as the PI was - the Saints had the football to start OT and Brees cut their throats with that pick.

Nobody EVER says "hey wait a minute now - what about Brees in the post-season...." but Manning takes worlds of shit for it. Just seems strange to me.
You're on fire lately. Great posts
[Reply]
Molitoth 02:17 PM 08-16-2019
I wanted to vote for Peyton Manning, but I had to vote for Brady. =/
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:20 PM 08-16-2019
Alex Smith /tigger and sandy
[Reply]
Amnorix 02:49 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Shields68:
The thing about Manning, I don't think some appreciate how bad an organization the Colts are. They had a very crappy line and a completely miserable Dee for most of his time there.

This, honestly, is crap. The Colts defense was pretty solid alot of those years. As for talent -- BOTH Harrison AND Wayne are better than any receiver Brady ever had outside of 3 lousy years of Moss. Their OLine was revered when they had Mudd. Jeff Saturday was no slouch, and Tarik Glenn was very good. Running backs -- Edge was excellent, and Addai was above average.

Don't get me wrong -- nobody will confuse the Peyton-era Colts with the 60s Packers or 70s Steelers for talent -- but it was a different league. They weren't suffering for talent relative to the rest of the NFL.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 02:56 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Montana was blowing shit up when defense was still DEFENSE

It’s Joe, until Mahomes takes his crown...
This sums up my position on the matter.
[Reply]
Chieftain 02:57 PM 08-16-2019
I don't rank Brady as the best QB ever for a number of reasons:

- Only 3 MVPs in 18 seasons (last time he won the award he threw for 32 TDS.. really?)
- Above average regular season numbers but nothing great. Only once in a season threw for 40+ TDs and only once threw for more than 5000 yards.
- Average playoff numbers. In his 16 playoff appearences, 9 out of those he had an avg passer rating of below 90.0 with a total of 34 Interceptions. Sure he won 6 Superbowls but how much of that was Brady's doing? Without Belichik's genius defensive scheming they don't beat the Rams last year. You could argue but he has 4 Superbowl MVPs? Look at his underwhelming numbers in those games. He was slightly better than the opposing QB which by default tilts the award on his favor.

I would say he is the most clutch playoff QB but when you put into the equation the regular season, I just don't see it. Manning was better imo and I'm not even a fan of his. Dude ran his own offense and was a general on the field.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:00 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
We can delete the poll entirely and let you re-add it. We can't add a new option.
Can you just replace Elway with Brees? Elway was mistakenly added to the poll for some reason.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:01 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Can you just replace Elway with Brees? Elway was mistakenly added to the poll for some reason.
I second this this motion.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 12
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up