ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs fans of the 90's- must listen interview with James Hasty
Stargazer 07:35 AM 08-16-2019
James was one of my favorite players as a kid. That corner tandem featuring he and Dale Carter were amazing. I'll never forget that play he made against the Raiders in OT in 1995 to win the game on a pick 6. In this interview he pretty much goes full bore on his time in KC, Grbac/Gannon, crying with DT after playoff losses and how the organization tries to make him buy a ticket to come back to a game. Starts at 12:25 mark.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/cli...ast?refid=stpr
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:25 PM 08-17-2019
Hasty was one of my favorite Chiefs. Just a hard nosed nasty player.
[Reply]
Bump 05:14 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Yeah, brings back so many great memories and heartbreaks... One thing to say about the 90s, they were so much better than the 70s and 80s. The only real difference is that there were expectations of success in the 90s and nothing in the two decades prior.

The Gannon/GrBac mess still makes my stomach turn.
The Gannon/Grbac decision should go down as a top 10 worst coaching decisions of all time. I remember hearing Marty saying back then "A player will not lose his job due to an injury" regarding Grbac coming back while Gannon was tearing the league up. It was such a bad decision.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:20 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
The Gannon/Grbac decision should go down as a top 10 worst coaching decisions of all time. I remember hearing Marty saying back then "A player will not lose his job due to an injury" regarding Grbac coming back while Gannon was tearing the league up. It was such a bad decision.
Just one of many bad decisions that Marty made in Cleveland, Kansas City, Washington and San Diego. He was a great coach that simply didn't have the killer instinct; he would start playing it safe and end up losing games.
[Reply]
jimidollar 06:10 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
Was Gannon a better choice than Grbac? Sure. Tearing the league up? You might want to go back and look at those stats again.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 06:56 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Just one of many bad decisions that Marty made in Cleveland, Kansas City, Washington and San Diego. He was a great coach that simply didn't have the killer instinct; he would start playing it safe and end up losing games.
He actually changed in san diego....and if the charger who intercepted brady takes a knee, rather than trying to return it, chargers prob go on to win the super bowl. That was bad luck, not on schott

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:56 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by jimidollar:
Was Gannon a better choice than Grbac? Sure. Tearing the league up? You might want to go back and look at those stats again.
Yeah, Gannon's record as the starting QB while in KC is 13-13, but because Grbac failed to score at the end of the Denver game when the radio communication between the QB and OC went out and he had to call his own play, people remember both Gannon and Grbac in a way that doesn't really match history.

That is not to say that starting Grbac was the right decision, but Gannon wasn't the MVP until he went to the Raiders and hooked up with the QB "guru" Gruden. He never played lights out in KC the way he did for the Raiders.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 04:58 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
He actually changed in san diego....and if the charger who intercepted brady takes a knee, rather than trying to return it, chargers prob go on to win the super bowl. That was bad luck, not on schott

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
There is video of Marty walking the sidelines before the game, telling every corner back and safety that when they make the game winning interception to just go down.

He coached that team to the Super Bowl, but Chargers had to Charger.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:45 AM 08-18-2019
Be nice if I could get the podcast to play on my phone...
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up