ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs fans of the 90's- must listen interview with James Hasty
Stargazer 07:35 AM 08-16-2019
James was one of my favorite players as a kid. That corner tandem featuring he and Dale Carter were amazing. I'll never forget that play he made against the Raiders in OT in 1995 to win the game on a pick 6. In this interview he pretty much goes full bore on his time in KC, Grbac/Gannon, crying with DT after playoff losses and how the organization tries to make him buy a ticket to come back to a game. Starts at 12:25 mark.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/cli...ast?refid=stpr
[Reply]
Hydrae 09:11 AM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Stargazer:
James was one of my favorite players as a kid. That corner tandem featuring he and Dale Carter were amazing. I'll never forget that play he made against the Raiders in OT in 1995 to win the game on a pick 6. In this interview he pretty much goes full bore on his time in KC, Grbac/Gannon, crying with DT after playoff losses and how the organization tries to make him buy a ticket to come back to a game. Starts at 12:25 mark.

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/cli...ast?refid=stpr
Fun listen, thanks!
[Reply]
FAX 10:51 AM 08-16-2019
Great interview. Great post. If only all player interviews were that candid and honest.

"I played with a broken arm! We wanted a championship, man!"

FAX
[Reply]
Stargazer 12:52 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Great interview. Great post. If only all player interviews were that candid and honest.

"I played with a broken arm! We wanted a championship, man!"

FAX
Right! I found the stuff about the playoff losses riveting. We always wonder if the players care as much as the fans and...wow.
[Reply]
Hydrae 02:38 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Stargazer:
Right! I found the stuff about the playoff losses riveting. We always wonder if the players care as much as the fans and...wow.
Hasty sounds like he is still pissed about that loss in 95. Not exactly happy about the Grbac debacle either (Damn it, Carl!!!).

And it is totally wrong that the Chiefs would not provide a ticket for a retired previous player to attend a game at Arrowhead. Yes, it could be a slippery slope but how cool would it be if they set aside a box for those guys to use whenever they may want? Sure, only former players get in free; spouses, etc have to pay like the rest of us. But that would be cool to see our former greats still coming around and being part of the Kingdom!
[Reply]
kgrund 02:42 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Hasty sounds like he is still pissed about that loss in 95. Not exactly happy about the Grbac debacle either (Damn it, Carl!!!).

And it is totally wrong that the Chiefs would not provide a ticket for a retired previous player to attend a game at Arrowhead. Yes, it could be a slippery slope but how cool would it be if they set aside a box for those guys to use whenever they may want? Sure, only former players get in free; spouses, etc have to pay like the rest of us. But that would be cool to see our former greats still coming around and being part of the Kingdom!
I do not know as fact, but I would almost guarantee that any Chief coming back for Alumni Weekend has either a free ticket in or a very steep discount.
[Reply]
RollinWithMahomie 09:14 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Hydrae:

Now this would be awesome to have them set a box aside. These guys layed it on the line for this organization and need to be treated better. Oh btw this interview gave me goosebumps... tbose stories and his still raw emotion about it some 25 years later was amazing. Thanks for posting!
[Reply]
scho63 09:55 AM 08-17-2019
Excellent thread start and subject. POS REP sent!
[Reply]
Stargazer 10:07 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by RollinWithMahomie:
Now this would be awesome to have them set a box aside. These guys layed it on the line for this organization and need to be treated better. Oh btw this interview gave me goosebumps... tbose stories and his still raw emotion about it some 25 years later was amazing. Thanks for posting!
Absolutely, couldn't agree more.
[Reply]
Kman34 12:46 PM 08-17-2019
After hearing that... Carl Peterson... Go eat a dick...
[Reply]
crayzkirk 03:22 PM 08-17-2019
Yeah, brings back so many great memories and heartbreaks... One thing to say about the 90s, they were so much better than the 70s and 80s. The only real difference is that there were expectations of success in the 90s and nothing in the two decades prior.

The Gannon/GrBac mess still makes my stomach turn.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 03:46 PM 08-17-2019
The 1990's Chiefs defense with this Mahomes' led offense...

19-0 and world domination would be a given.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:51 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
After hearing that... Carl Peterson... Go eat a dick...

Fuck him!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:14 PM 08-17-2019
I’ve always loved James Hasty.

Great interview.
[Reply]
Monkey God 04:16 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by kgrund:
I do not know as fact, but I would almost guarantee that any Chief coming back for Alumni Weekend has either a free ticket in or a very steep discount.
In the past the alumni for alumni day sat in the owners box or another box set aside at no charge. They may have to buy any tickets above the two "comps" As for other games...when it comes to the douche bag that is Mark Donovan nothing would surprise me.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up