ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 103
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Mecole Hardman Thread*****
Dante84 06:56 PM 04-26-2019

THE CALL. ��

Mecole Hardman ➡ #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/R6I0fBkXkS

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 27, 2019

New @Chiefs WR Mecole Hardman’s PFF Draft Guide page.

You can find this and more than 600 others like this at https://t.co/N7X24Lr6At, use promo code “DRAFT19” for 25% off an Edge or Elite subscription.#ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/ZklhqRhmff

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2019

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:00 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by xztop123:
Clearly someone in our organization has elite ability to “discover” players who are skilled with the ball in Their hands.

Tyreek, Kareem hunt are two guys that shouldn’t have slid past round 1.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if toub has a hand in it. He may have a method for determining a players relative speed and break away ability from college tape.

I remember him being the one raving so much about Tyreek hill saying he was the fastest player he has ever scouted—- to say he’s the fastest player means he has a way to gauge, based off tape, a players relative speed. (Hill had a blazing 40 but not the GOAT)
You saying that Hill had a blazing 40 time, but not the GOAT, makes it sound like you think Tyreek Hill doesn't have special speed. Also, who is to say that Toub only scouted Tyreek, or other players, on tape? Do you not think it's possible that our Special Teams Coordinator would scout a potential return man in person?

There is a timed 40 yard dash at the combine, or a college's pro day, where they are running in shorts and pretty much nothing else (see Chris Jones) and then there is football speed, where they are running in full pads, with people trying to tackle them.

Many people, including Chiefs coaches and players, opposing team's coaches and players, and commentators, have said that Hill is the fastest player they have ever seen on a football field.

For me personally, I am 48 years old and have been watching football, and have been a Chiefs fan, for 42 years, and I have only seen two players who appeared to be faster than Tyreek on the football field, and those players are Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders.

Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Darrell Green, and Randy Moss are also close, but I think Hill is faster in pads than all of them.

And while I think that Bo and Primetime looked faster in pads, I don't think either one of them could reach top speed as quickly as Tyreek, especially after a change of direction. Tyreek Hill accelerates and hits his top speed faster than any player I have ever seen. Jackson and Sanders both had relatively long stride lengths, especially Sanders, and it took them a few strides to reach their top gear, but Hill is almost at top speed after his second stride. Think of the 70+ yard TD catch he had in New England last year. He turned back towards the LOS, elevated to make the catch, when his feet hit the ground he had a safety in position to make the play, and he had a fast McCourty already running full speed towards him from behind. Yet, he ran past the safety easily, and pulled away from McCourty, all after he had been in the air, came down and had to turn towards the endzone.

That's world class acceleration.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
staylor26 09:08 AM 08-15-2019
Anybody that can’t see the fact that Tyreek is the fastest player we’ve ever seen on a football field needs to get their eyes checked.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:15 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
For me personally, I am 48 years old and have been watching football, and have been a Chiefs fan, for 42 years, and I have only seen two players who appeared to be faster than Tyreek on the football field, and those players are Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders.

Jamaal Charles, Chris Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Darrell Green, and Randy Moss are also close, but I think Hill is faster in pads than all of them.
Darrell Green was freak show fast as well. He just wasn't a loud guy that brought a lot of media attention. He ran a 4.43 40 yard dash at 50 years old.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:19 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Darrell Green was freak show fast as well. He just wasn't a loud guy that brought a lot of media attention. He ran a 4.43 40 yard dash at 50 years old.
Green is the fastest old player that I can remember. Didn't he play something like 19 years? I remember him being almost as fast at the end of his career as he was early in his career. I really liked him as a player. He didn't talk trash, or do a huge celebration after a routine play, he just went out there and covered his man anywhere and everywhere on the field, all day long.

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:32 AM 08-15-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Green is the fastest old player that I can remember. Didn't he play something like 19 years? I remember him being almost as fast at the end of his career as he was early in his career. I really liked him as a player. He didn't talk trash, or do a huge celebration after a routine play, he just went out there and covered his man anywhere and everywhere on the field, all day long.

Yeah he played from 1983-2002.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 03:59 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Anybody that can’t see the fact that Tyreek is the fastest player we’ve ever seen on a football field needs to get their eyes checked.
My favorite part is when some people were checking out on him when he was supposedly in trouble, and couldn't understand that he's the most special wide receiver that this team has had in decades. Of course I had to tenderly and gently explain to them that no one can contest a ball like him, no one can time a route like him, and no one can bring the motherfuker down like he does either.

But let's go ahead and cut him!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:12 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Dude, Bob Hayes look him up
[Reply]
Hoover 07:12 AM 08-17-2019
what make Tyreek special is his ability to track and adjust to the ball in the air. That along with his elite speed makes him so nasty
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:14 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:
what make Tyreek special is his ability to track and adjust to the ball in the air. That along with his elite speed makes him so nasty

The Cheetah is fast & QUICK.
[Reply]
kcclone 11:32 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Hoover:

Yes. There are probably many players who have been faster, straight-line speed. But Tyreek can accelerate, decelerate and change directions as well as Barry Sanders, but also can track the ball/find open holes on coverages as well as any WR in the league.

He and Mahomes are the perfect match.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:36 AM 08-17-2019
Also he catches the damn ball.

It's an important part of the process.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:25 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

Right? God almighty the Chiefs have had some sad hands over the years. Nice to see that finally change.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:02 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

He tracks the ball, adjusts, and catches with his hands as well as anyone playing today.

And to think, he was a freaking running back in college. Crazy.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 12:42 AM 08-18-2019
So is Hardman doing all ex-chief TD celebrations?

He did the Kareem Hunt sleeping celebration last week and the Berry arrow shot this week ..
[Reply]
chiefsnchopper 11:36 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by DTVietnam:
So is Hardman doing all ex-chief TD celebrations?

He did the Kareem Hunt sleeping celebration last week and the Berry arrow shot this week ..
Tony G. dunk next
[Reply]
Page 58 of 103
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Up