ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Sorry if discussed, but wtf Andy
MightyMouse 03:39 PM 08-16-2019
Love Reid. Everyone has a weakness or two and I defend Andy a lot but I’m pretty pissed about playing the starters, especially for a half. Mahomes got hit hard on the first play and came down on his arm last week. Then you have the run that he slid but he could have had a non contact injury when he stopped and cut that play back.
I don’t think I can be convinced that having him out there running basic plays is gonna make a bit of difference. We hope this is a 19 game season, why expose the important guys to more.
Would love to see them take the Rams approach who aren’t even having 20 guys travel.

This also gives more run for back ups to face better competition in a preaseason game if the other team is playing starters early.

I get it for the defense a bit. I don’t think they don’t need a half but I’m fine with them getting some time.
I also don’t wanna see D Lee playing as much. If anyone needs the extra work it’s Raggland. IMO Lee is the 2-3rd most important LBer on this team.

/rant
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:43 PM 08-17-2019
FYI - I'm 71% sure this is a hootie production
[Reply]
FAX 02:55 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by MightyMouse:
Weird that even matters. Not a welcoming group?
Now that you mention it, things are far more hospitable these days ... compared to the time when I was a mere n00b (sp?).

Back then, a n00b (sp?) had to memorize the frantic and demented rantings of William Carlos Williams and compose essays on the supposed benefits of leafy green vegetables.

It was a nightmarish hell that could easily drive a poster into a neurotic hysteria.

FAX
[Reply]
mlyonsd 03:10 PM 08-17-2019
Weird that even matters. Not a welcoming group?
We're chief fans. There are a large number of posters that have never even witnessed the Chiefs in a SB.

It'll get better around here after Patrick fixes that.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:10 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Now that you mention it, things are far more hospitable these days ... compared to the time when I was a mere n00b (sp?).

Back then, a n00b (sp?) had to memorize the frantic and demented rantings of William Carlos Williams and compose essays on the supposed benefits of leafy green vegetables.

It was a nightmarish hell that could easily drive a poster into a neurotic hysteria.

FAX
I'm glad you're here and long standing, FAX. I always thought we played well together.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 04:33 PM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
We're chief fans. There are a large number of posters that have never even witnessed the Chiefs in a SB.

It'll get better around here after Patrick fixes that.
True and I’m one of them.

Thanks for a kind welcome everyone. Looking forward to the the season! Let’s do this thing.
[Reply]
TEX 05:36 PM 08-17-2019
This is not really true. The trend has been to play starters less.

Those saying it’s irrelevant or you can’t put them in bubble wrong are way off. It’s not putting them in bubble wrap. Limiting chance of injury in situations that don’t matter is smart. It’s very relevant if you lose Mahomes for even half a season. There is a reason they don’t hit the hit the qb in practice. They also have several practices they don’t even tackle. Injuries happen, I get it but your silly to think minimizing risk doesn’t make sense.
Exactly. I dont need to see Mahomes in preseason. I will learn nothing that I dont already know about him. I can work on timing, chemestry and all that goes with it during practice. KC offense is great and will knock all the rust off 1st qtr in Jacksonville. If Im playing my starters for any significant amount of time, I'd play them on defense. We all know why. Just my opinion.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:21 PM 08-17-2019
I’ve gotta bad feeling about tonight. I hope Andy reconsiders playing Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Watkins, etc...use this game to figure out who is going to make the team.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 06:56 PM 08-17-2019
I think Andy is on CP and took my advice
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:45 AM 08-18-2019
Well he definitely didn't play the starters even close to a half. Mahomes got one drive, I think? I haven't watched any of the preseason at all, so I'm not sure how much everyone else played, but from the look of the box score it wasn't much.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:08 AM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
These guys arent made of glass.
You would think but to your "pussification of the NFL" comment in the GOAT thread, since the 50's,60's and 70's type of NFL player every generation since has been getting softer and softer each decade as the family unit in our culture becomes more broken each decade. There is a HUGE correlation no doubt.:-) Oh yes, the massive $$ made and invested, the media celebrity stardom that is extreme overkill as well as the game changing because of extreme athleticism and commercialization of the game combined with a much softer type NFL player(very little passion for the game and passion only for his back pocket$$) these days is a perfect storm for "pussification".
[Reply]
oldman 10:12 AM 08-18-2019
:-):-) Get ready for that call from Veach next.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:16 AM 08-18-2019
Please take our advice and throw away your computer!
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up