ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Derwin James injured
ShowtimeSBMVP 12:02 PM 08-16-2019

The #Chargers suffered a tough loss yesterday in practice. Sources say star safety Derwin James will be out a significant amount of time, but how much is still undetermined, as of now. He injured his foot yesterday and was spotted in a boot today.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 16, 2019

[Reply]
dlphg9 03:40 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This story...

Bet he misses at least 12 games.
[Reply]
O.city 03:50 PM 08-19-2019
It sucks, but if I were the CHargers i'd just go ahead and shut him down for the year.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:51 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
He's gonna Hagland like a motherfucker
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:54 PM 08-19-2019
That's got a Joel Embiid 2 year recovery written all over it
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:01 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
It sucks, but if I were the CHargers i'd just go ahead and shut him down for the year.
Yep. Bite the bullet and err on the side of caution
[Reply]
-King- 05:34 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Munson:
Derwin James has a foot injury, and will have surgery within a week.

Eric Berry has a foot injury (Haglunds), doesn't have surgery, and lets it linger for years.
If he could play on it, you don't think he would? Especially if he could push off surgery for years?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 06:01 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I bet he misses the whole year if the Chargers are out of it by mid Nov.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:04 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah for sure. He could come back in late November or December, but what is the point? He might be able to to jog on it by the end of his recovery but I doubt he’ll be anywhere near as effective in such a short amount of time
[Reply]
BossChief 11:05 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This story...

I really hope LA doesn’t screw up this kids career by playing him too early. There’s only so many times you can screw a foot back together...
[Reply]
Gadzooks 11:12 PM 08-19-2019
It's funny how you guy's don't want Derwin available for the games against the Chiefs.
"Keep him out for the full season" hypnosis.

[Reply]
BlackOp 11:39 PM 08-19-2019
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
It's funny how you guy's don't want Derwin available for the games against the Chiefs.
"Keep him out for the full season" hypnosis.
3-4 months recovery is for a normal human...not a professional athlete. He's going to be stressing his surgically repaired foot to extreme levels.

I seriously doubt he makes it back this year in any functional capacity.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:02 AM 08-20-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
3-4 months recovery is for a normal human...
Exactly, He's not a mere normal human, He's Derwin James. He'll be back by week 2.:-)
[Reply]
Stryker 08:57 AM 08-20-2019
and in other Charger news...

God I LOVE this:

Melvin Gordon is ready to end his holdout if he hears the phone ring with good news.

"Just waiting on the call," the running back told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler Monday.

Unfortunately for Gordon, the calls from the Los Angeles Chargers' brass to his representation likely include some form of the words, 'we're not going higher than our last offer.'

Gordon's holdout nears five weeks. After training in Florida, Gordon told Fowler he's now in California continuing his "rigorous" training.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported earlier this month that Gordon wants more than the $10 million per year that the Chargers offered. The L.A. brass has stood firm, insisting they won't go higher for a running back.

With Chargers running backs Austin Ekeler and Justin Jackson looking good this preseason, Gordon's leverage hasn't improved despite the threat to hold out into the regular season.
Slated to make $5.6 million in 2019, Gordon wants a salary more in line with a workhorse back. At some point, he'll have to report, or his contract will toll into 2020. He's subject to fines for missing camp and preseason games.

At this stage, it appears Gordon is waiting on a call that might never come.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...call-to-return
[Reply]
BossChief 12:50 PM 08-20-2019
If they have a long term offer on the table, he’s a fool to pass on it.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up