View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 75 of 343
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:20 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
I'm glad that you came around on this issue. I hope by mid season you'll do the same with CEH.

Hope you're feeling better...

If he sucks out right it won't take much to turn on him. I'm looking forward to camp and competition to bring out the best of him or lose his spot. Makes no difference to me as long as we got the best player running the rock. Right now I am optimistic in his abilities to prove a lot of people wrong. THAT does not mean I won't be wrong but I think he is a trooper and someone to root for. I have no ill will against him like most of you folks do just because of his draft slot.

We did sign back McKinnon and I'm also really stoked to see Pacheco flying down field with big plays. It's all good. I can root for who I want too. People can dog on CEH that's fine if he sucks then it's justified but if he comes out and makes plays like he is expected too and keeps healthy, I'm critical of him on that part he needs to lose his injury prone moniker but if he can then people will be eating crow. I like competition and that goes for Hardman too I don't know if he will keep his spot but I have higher expectations out of him than most. It's fine if someone is better more power to them I like people step it up. They probably won't bring back Hardman next year anyways.

I just don't think they are as bad as made out to be here and think they will do much better than anyone would give them credit for. It's on them I'm not the one going out there to play for them to prove what they can do.

They have a lot to prove and so does this team because we need get that AFCCG taste out of our mouth especially second half. Bad play calling and bad execution is the reason we lost but you can't prove something if you don't get the opportunity to do so. They have to make the best of their opportunities or someone else will that's the nature of the game.

I hope by mid-season CEH and the rest of the team is kicking ass I don't know why anyone would want them to suck other than just say "I told you so" and pound your chest.

Yes I'm feeling somewhat better thanks for asking :-)
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:20 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
He doesn't need to reset the LT market, he can get that gap in his teeth fixed with what the Chiefs are offering
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:26 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
LOL who does this guy think he is?

FOH with that nonsense.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:40 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
LOL who does this guy think he is?

FOH with that nonsense.
People make way too much out of the statement that he wants to be the highest paid LT. He is right to say that and start negotiations there. Why wouldn't he? Otherwise he might leave money on the table. His play does not warrant Trent Williams money but he would not be serving his own best interest to ask for less.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:45 PM 07-12-2022

Per league conversations, I'm told stalemate with Orlando Brown and Chiefs centers on Brown seeking to reset market at upwards of $25M/year. Chiefs unwilling to go there despite their strong feeling for him.

Also, KC has flexibility to use tag in '23 with future cap situation.

— Matt Verderame (@MattVerderame) July 13, 2022

[Reply]
-King- 09:47 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
It's so wild to imagine him demanding that that I almost don't believe it. Like this has to be a false rumor right?
[Reply]
Dante84 09:49 PM 07-12-2022
What were we talking about giving Williams last year?
[Reply]
Dante84 09:53 PM 07-12-2022
Looked it up - Willams avg. is $23M/year
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:56 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
It's so wild to imagine him demanding that that I almost don't believe it. Like this has to be a false rumor right?
not just top money but reset the market money?

There is also the issue of first time agent. He doesn’t get Brown top money, his career is over.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 09:58 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
People make way too much out of the statement that he wants to be the highest paid LT. He is right to say that and start negotiations there. Why wouldn't he? Otherwise he might leave money on the table. His play does not warrant Trent Williams money but he would not be serving his own best interest to ask for less.
Sure.

But when the Chiefs tell him no then he needs to negotiate and not dig in his heels.

He's not even close to the top LT in the league and probably isn't in the top 5.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:02 PM 07-12-2022
https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2022/...long-term-deal

This Arrowhead Pride article is irritating. Simply because it says:

Although he spent the first three years of his NFL career as the Baltimore Ravens’ starting right tackle, Brown played in place of Baltimore’s injured starting left tackle Ronnie Stanley during the 2020 campaign. Once Stanley was ready to return for 2021, Brown wanted to remain on the left side of the line. Ultimately, he asked the Ravens to trade him to a team where he could do so. Kansas City traded for Brown right before the 2021 NFL Draft — and he played left tackle for every one of the Chiefs’ offensive snaps last season.

So they just completely forgot that he got hurt in warm ups and Thuney filled in very well for him in Cinci? Do a little fact checking.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:06 PM 07-12-2022
Let him reset the market. LT is the 2nd most important position on this team because he's protecting The Legend.

It's not my money, salary cap isn't real, and if it was it's about to go to the moon. In 2 years it'll look like a steal.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:10 PM 07-12-2022
tag, tag, kick rocks shitbag
[Reply]
-King- 10:19 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Let him reset the market. LT is the 2nd most important position on this team because he's protecting The Legend.

It's not my money, salary cap isn't real, and if it was it's about to go to the moon. In 2 years it'll look like a steal.
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:34 PM 07-12-2022
lol nope
[Reply]
Page 75 of 343
« First < 25657172737475 7677787985125175 > Last »
Up