View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 69 of 343
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:49 PM 07-09-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I can't remember the last time the Chiefs anybody to a front-loaded contract.
Would the whole thing!!
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:30 PM 07-10-2022
Chiefs did not sign Chris Jones to a new contract until a day before the Franchise Tag deadline in 2020.

Maybe this will play out in the same way. By waiting, the Chiefs get a few more news stories on the subject.

We will see if something gets done this week.

If not, hope that Orlando Brown does not hold out for the beginning of the season.
[Reply]
loochy 01:33 PM 07-10-2022
I can't remember the last time the Chiefs anybody to a front-loaded contract.
I love when people are so excited to post that they completely forget to type critical verbs.
[Reply]
PHOG 01:54 PM 07-10-2022
5 days and counting. :-)
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:00 PM 07-10-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
I love when people are so excited to post that they completely forget to type critical verbs.
I think it is pretty clear what verb RealSNR was after.

I can't remember the last time the Chiefs Treated anybody to a front-loaded contract.

Veach never Treated anybody. Dorsey didn't Treat

[Reply]
Wilson8 02:09 PM 07-10-2022
Signed, inked, retained. I think everyone understood though even without the verb.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:15 PM 07-10-2022
From Chiefswire.com -

Originally Posted by :
The Chiefs and Brown have until Friday, July 15 to get this deal done, otherwise Brown will have to play on the franchise tag in 2022. Chiefs Wire editor Charles Goldman projects a five-year, $105 million deal for Brown if it gets done.

To me, it’d be in Brown’s best interest to get this deal done before the deadline. Of course, it’s in the Chiefs’ best interest as well, but I’m not sure Brown has more leverage than the team does. If Brown plays on the tag, he could get injured and his stock would go down, which means a smaller deal for him in 2023. I’m not sure his stock will be any higher than it is right now, so this week is the best opportunity for him to maximize the amount of money he can earn on one contract.
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/list...-jr-extension/

I think a five-year, $105 million deal for Brown would be good.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:33 PM 07-10-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
From Chiefswire.com -

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/list...-jr-extension/

I think a five-year, $105 million deal for Brown would be good.

I’d love that but I bet it’s higher than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:49 PM 07-10-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I’d love that but I bet it’s higher than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You know it. No way its 5/105. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 04:25 PM 07-10-2022
Maybe 4/105
[Reply]
-King- 05:20 PM 07-10-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Maybe 4/105
That would make him the highest paid lineman in league history.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:30 PM 07-10-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
That would make him the highest paid lineman in league history.
Yep, not a fan.

My fear is he's holding steady at 25/yr, and he'll hold out if it comes to that.
[Reply]
-King- 05:34 PM 07-10-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Yep, not a fan.

My fear is he's holding steady at 25/yr, and he'll hold out if it comes to that.
He won't hold out. He has no leverage to do so. It's not like a team will give him $25mil after an above average year and then a holdout year.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:34 PM 07-10-2022
If he holds out he'll never get close to that anywhere else. I'm not sure if he knows how little demand there is for him specifically in the league. I sided with Le'Veon Bell but it's painfully obvious it cost him millions and pretty much ruined his career.

Nobody is going to trust Orlando Brown to stay in shape a year on his own.

edit: beaten
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:48 PM 07-10-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
If he holds out he'll never get close to that anywhere else. I'm not sure if he knows how little demand there is for him specifically in the league. I sided with Le'Veon Bell but it's painfully obvious it cost him millions and pretty much ruined his career.

Nobody is going to trust Orlando Brown to stay in shape a year on his own.

edit: beaten
Comparing him to Bell? Does that really make sense? Bell was an overused RB playing a position that was a dime a dozen. Brown plays one of the top 5 positions on an NFL roster.

I'm no huge fan of OBJ, but the guy would have a lot of suitors outside of KC given his age, pedigree, and experience. I don't anticipate he'll hold out but I wouldn't be shocked if he bet on himself to play on the tag and got a monster contract outside of KC next season.

And he's absolutely a guy who I think plays with pride that would keep himself in shape regardless of whether he holds out, plays on a prove-it tag, or signs a long-term deal.

I suspect OBJ overvalues his talent and leverage and Veach doesn't bend. And ultimately he plays on the tag.
[Reply]
Page 69 of 343
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119169 > Last »
Up