View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 67 of 343
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:38 AM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
July 15. If he doesn’t sign an extension by then, it is impossible to do so this year.
But doesn't he also have to sign his franchise tag offer? IE - if he doesn't sign that, then he's holding out as he vaguely threatened to do. Is there a deadline on that or he can just sign it whenever?
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:44 AM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
But doesn't he also have to sign his franchise tag offer? IE - if he doesn't sign that, then he's holding out as he vaguely threatened to do. Is there a deadline on that or he can just sign it whenever?
OBJ can sign the tag offer deep into the regular season.

And I think Leveon Bell proved to the rest of the league that holding out and refusing to sign the tag does not benefit oneself financially in the grand scheme of things. There's a 0% chance OBJ holds out.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:52 AM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
OBJ can sign the tag offer deep into the regular season.

And I think Leveon Bell proved to the rest of the league that holding out and refusing to sign the tag does not benefit oneself financially in the grand scheme of things. There's a 0% chance OBJ holds out.
Positional value changes that, though and Orlando has already said he’s not playing without a long term deal in a tweet.

I think a deal gets done at 11:59 before the deadline, but I do think a holdout is very possible.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:03 PM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
If he can't block any speed rusher, how did he only allow 6 sacks total?
Only allowed 6? It was actually just 4 and those 4 make 27th in the league and 23rd overall but hey lets just give him a blank check.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 12:08 PM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by mabbott:
DO NOT USE STATISTICS OR LOGIC HERE!!!

This is a place for nonsensical comments like "he can't block a speed rusher"...
Mahomes was sacked 3 times in his last SB and that stat doesn't begin to describe how putrid that OL was.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:11 PM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Positional value changes that, though and Orlando has already said he’s not playing without a long term deal in a tweet.

I think a deal gets done at 11:59 before the deadline, but I do think a holdout is very possible.
Ya'll are reading way too much into that tweet or comment or whatever it was.
[Reply]
-King- 12:18 PM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:

He's not holding out lol.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:20 PM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Mahomes was sacked 3 times in his last SB and that stat doesn't begin to describe how putrid that OL was.
True, but other stats do:

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021...n-nfl-history/

"According to the folks over at ESPN, Mahomes was pressured on 29 of his 56 dropbacks, good for 52% of his total dropbacks. It was also good for the most pressures against any QB in the Super Bowl in NFL history, passing a record previously held by Buffalo Bills QB Jim Kelly in Super Bowl XXVI."
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:21 PM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Only allowed 6? It was actually just 4 and those 4 make 27th in the league and 23rd overall but hey lets just give him a blank check.
Not a blank check, but he'll make a ton. There are no better options for KC right now.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:23 PM 07-08-2022
I should just mute this thread until the 15th shouldn't I
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:23 PM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
That's a cumulative rank/stat, so it's unable to track or show improvement that he made throughout the season.

Eric Fisher was dogshit for most of his career outside of some decent play towards the end of the 2015 season, and he got a lucrative longterm deal. LDT was a developmental prospect his first two years, and outside of the final 6 or so games of his 3rd year, he wasn't a good starter in his 3rd year. He signed a lucrative longterm extension, one of the highest for his position at the time.

OBJ had one season in the new offense, and he had some initial struggles. Giving him a new deal that ranks in the top 5 for his position when his cumulative numbers look mediocre is nothing different from what the Chiefs have done in the past, and it's worked out just fine for them.

If the guy were actual dog crap and/or not good enough, I'd like to think Andy Reid would be out in front to say, "Now hold on just a minute..."
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:24 PM 07-08-2022
I guess the whole point of the 15th deadline is to eliminate hold outs. There's really no point since you can't renegotiate before the end of the season. \

Of course that's not to say the team and player could negotiate behind the scenes for the next season.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:59 PM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
True, but other stats do:

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021...n-nfl-history/

"According to the folks over at ESPN, Mahomes was pressured on 29 of his 56 dropbacks, good for 52% of his total dropbacks. It was also good for the most pressures against any QB in the Super Bowl in NFL history, passing a record previously held by Buffalo Bills QB Jim Kelly in Super Bowl XXVI."
Fair enough. But if you are going by sacks, Mahomes is really hard to sack.

And I would guess he makes the OL look better than it is even if you look at the full set of stats like pressures. Sometimes the eye test is relevant.

Signing Brown to a big fat, guaranteed contract may well be KC's best option.

I don't really get good vibes about a long guaranteed contract with Brown. But I obviously hope something works out for the LT spot.
[Reply]
TribalElder 02:34 PM 07-08-2022
He better hurry up and sign or he can go get fucked in the ass with a fox tail
[Reply]
RunKC 03:51 PM 07-08-2022
Nate Taylor said to look at Ronnie Stanley’s contract. Sounds like Orlando Brown Jr saw that as a measuring stick. He’s getting $19.75 million so $20 million would probably get that done (which would be a monumental steal).

Also said bring the highest paid isn’t really attainable
[Reply]
Page 67 of 343
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Up