View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 62 of 343
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:38 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You do realize the franchise tag pays him $16.6 million right? So why would he sign a deal for less money than the tag?

Some of you guys just don’t get that the LT position is actually not paid that much relative to other positions at the moment.

According to over the cap Orlando Brown He’s contract wouldn’t be a top 10 contract for non-QB’s in the entire league.
I really hope some of these guys don't have to buy a new or used car any time soon.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:45 PM 06-22-2022
You do realize the franchise tag pays him $16.6 million right? So why would he sign a deal for less money than the tag?

Some of you guys just don’t get that the LT position is actually not paid that much relative to other positions at the moment.

According to over the cap Orlando Brown He’s contract wouldn’t be a top 10 contract for non-QB’s in the entire league.
Again, I'm not confident that he'll maintain Franchise Tackle results. After the 1st year into the contract is what concerns me. Every player says they want to be the best, but will they put in the work to do it for seasons come.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:46 PM 06-22-2022
We don't have the luxury of waiting to find out
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:52 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
We don't have the luxury of waiting to find out
I'd roll with Gerod Christian, fuck OBJ if he's being an asshole.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:53 PM 06-22-2022
Well I'm glad you aren't running things then.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:38 PM 06-22-2022
You might want to check your info again bc the starting LT during like 95% of that timeframe was either Eric Fisher and Orlando Brown Jr
Yeah I like Eric Fisher. He can actually block downfield and doesn't completely break down against speed. We should find someone cheaper who may be able to grow into such a role
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:56 PM 06-22-2022
I’m not enough of an armchair GM to throw numbers around but it’s the length of the guaranteed contract and getting into a Frank Clark situation that worries me more than than the exact yearly cap hit the first couple of years.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:04 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yeah I like Eric Fisher. He can actually block downfield and doesn't completely break down against speed. We should find someone cheaper who may be able to grow into such a role
He broke down against power rushers badly. You might recall James Harrison and Nick Bosa anally raping Eric Fisher giving him the Marcellus Wallace treatment.

Fisher even blew a playoff game bc of it
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:07 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Just for reference purposes in this thread:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-and-reaction

The very last part of the article I found interesting:

"But if Fisher did become a star, his price would have skyrocketed. The Chiefs are instead banking on him staying on an upward trajectory while the tackle market continues rising. If Fisher even winds up being an above-average left tackle, this deal could look smart in two or three years.

If not, it's the NFL. There will be a point at which his base salary takes a superficial rise and allows the Chiefs to move on."

This sound familiar . . . . . . . ?
[Reply]
mabbott 03:11 PM 06-22-2022
This thread is just further proof that there is a reason that you are posting on a forum and not working in a front office. Your feelings do not dictate a market.

On the subject of feelings, if you feel that no other team would pay OB that kind of money, just look at the LT market and try and find a young multiple Pro Bowl player that signs a cheap contract. If you find one, it is most likely due to the fact that they are/were injured or were arrested.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:30 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by mabbott:
This thread is just further proof that there is a reason that you are posting on a forum and not working in a front office. Your feelings do not dictate a market.

On the subject of feelings, if you feel that no other team would pay OB that kind of money, just look at the LT market and try and find a young multiple Pro Bowl player that signs a cheap contract. If you find one, it is most likely due to the fact that they are/were injured or were arrested.
Can you tell me the +/- amount of signing bonus dependent on if the tackle is "being an asshole"
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:41 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Can you tell me the +/- amount of signing bonus dependent on if the tackle is "being an asshole"
15% is the standard tax for that
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:48 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Anything under or just over 40 million guaranteed money including signing bonus.

I'd say a 5 year deal with a base of 16 million

That would be fair considering cap escalation in upcoming years

You are going to freak out when it’s 6yrs/$180 million with $100 million guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:59 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Again, I'm not confident that he'll maintain Franchise Tackle results. After the 1st year into the contract is what concerns me. Every player says they want to be the best, but will they put in the work to do it for seasons come.
Let me break this down very slowly for you.

You and every fan on Chiefs Planet are fans. As fans, we know nothing about OBJ's work ethic, practice/training habits, or mindset of wanting to be great. The only shit we know about that kind of thing is what OBJ or the team allows us to see.

All you've got is "TEH COMBINE!!!!!" Yes, his combine performance was bad. Teams saw that it was bad, and they let him fall in the draft as a result because they were concerned he didn't have the right attitude.

Guess what? That was 2018. It's been four seasons. OBJ has started for two of the NFL's more stellar and consistent franchises since then. The team who had him first (the Ravens) are coached by John Harbaugh, who is a close friend of Andy Reid, his former mentor. Do you think he'd try to scam his buddy by selling him a player who doesn't give a shit? And since then, Andy Reid has had plenty of time to assess and know more about OBJ and his work ethic. If he had concerns, do you think he'd be going to Veach and saying, "He's a greedy lazy asshole, but pay him anyway"

No, this isn't the logical fallacy of "Well, you're not a head coach so your opinion doesn't matter." That's regarding play on the field. We're just talking OBJ's work ethic and mindset. The coach knows WAAAAAY more about the player than the fans do, especially when they've had him for a year.

Could OBJ start fucking off after he gets paid? Yeah, there's a chance. There's also a chance that Patrick Mahomes could hire Matt Cassel as his personal QB coach during the offseason and he all of a sudden starts sucking dick.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:24 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Let me break this down very slowly for you.

You and every fan on Chiefs Planet are fans. As fans, we know nothing about OBJ's work ethic, practice/training habits, or mindset of wanting to be great. The only shit we know about that kind of thing is what OBJ or the team allows us to see.

All you've got is "TEH COMBINE!!!!!" Yes, his combine performance was bad. Teams saw that it was bad, and they let him fall in the draft as a result because they were concerned he didn't have the right attitude.

Guess what? That was 2018. It's been four seasons. OBJ has started for two of the NFL's more stellar and consistent franchises since then. The team who had him first (the Ravens) are coached by John Harbaugh, who is a close friend of Andy Reid, his former mentor. Do you think he'd try to scam his buddy by selling him a player who doesn't give a shit? And since then, Andy Reid has had plenty of time to assess and know more about OBJ and his work ethic. If he had concerns, do you think he'd be going to Veach and saying, "He's a greedy lazy asshole, but pay him anyway"

No, this isn't the logical fallacy of "Well, you're not a head coach so your opinion doesn't matter." That's regarding play on the field. We're just talking OBJ's work ethic and mindset. The coach knows WAAAAAY more about the player than the fans do, especially when they've had him for a year.

Could OBJ start fucking off after he gets paid? Yeah, there's a chance. There's also a chance that Patrick Mahomes could hire Matt Cassel as his personal QB coach during the offseason and he all of a sudden starts sucking dick.
So you talked around in circles in pure nihilistic fashion quoting James Heitfield " Nothing Else Matters".

We shouldn't have an opinion, because god damnit we should accept the dildo with sprinkles on top.

Tell AustinChief he should just close the BB down.

BTW, OBJ wasn't Reid/Veach's choice
[Reply]
Page 62 of 343
« First < 12525859606162 6364656672112162 > Last »
Up