View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 61 of 343
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:53 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yes that worked wonderfully when we started Cam Erving and Mike Remmers at LT
It did. 4 straight AFC championship games.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Yes, and it's also why an LT is less valuable for the Kansas City Chiefs compared to almost any other team who has a pocket passer.
That's pretty dumb. GOod job.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:56 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It did. 4 straight AFC championship games.
You might want to check your info again bc the starting LT during like 95% of that timeframe was either Eric Fisher and Orlando Brown Jr
[Reply]
O.city 11:00 AM 06-22-2022
During the time of Cam Erving....Mahomes suffered a high ankle sprain and IIRC, a knee injury.

So yeah.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:30 AM 06-22-2022
BWillie is such a buttfucking moron.

Again, when you look at the company of that side of the argument, it's pretty telling.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:48 AM 06-22-2022
If Orlando wants to break the bank, after a good 1st year into his contract he'll just be good enough to get by as a pass blocker which is very average.

If he takes a team friendly deal, then I'll feel better about the signing and his ambition.

BTW, the butthurt among posters is telling. They resort to name calling and dinegration because there's alot of truth that OBJ is just monetary centric.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:57 AM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
If Orlando wants to break the bank, after a good 1st year into his contract he'll just be good enough to get by as a pass blocker which is very average.

If he takes a team friendly deal, then I'll feel better about the signing and his ambition.

BTW, the butthurt among posters is telling. They resort to name calling and dinegration because there's alot of truth that OBJ is just monetary centric.
What's your team friendly deal? Let's get some numbers in this bitch.

You hate the proposed contract in the OP. We get it. Tell me the most you're willing to pay for OBJ.
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:18 PM 06-22-2022
Yeah, I definitely see a 26 year old pro-bowl LT who's been tagged taking a "team friendly deal".
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:21 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What's your team friendly deal? Let's get some numbers in this bitch.

You hate the proposed contract in the OP. We get it. Tell me the most you're willing to pay for OBJ.

Anything under or just over 40 million guaranteed money including signing bonus.

I'd say a 5 year deal with a base of 16 million

That would be fair considering cap escalation in upcoming years

[Reply]
BossChief 12:26 PM 06-22-2022
Anything under or just over 40 million guaranteed money including signing bonus.

Lolololol

Dude, go home you’re drunk.

You know what a “team friendly deal” is in 2022?

A top of the current market AAV for 6 years.

Literally, THATS a team friendly deal.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:31 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Lolololol

Dude, go home you’re drunk.

You know what a “team friendly deal” is in 2022?

A top of the current market AAV for 6 years.

Literally, THATS a team friendly deal.
Not going over 5 years including a trade clause
[Reply]
BossChief 12:40 PM 06-22-2022
Not going over 5 years including a trade clause
Haha

You think Orlando Brown, a 3 time pro bowl tackle (made PB from both sides of line in multiple systems) is going to sign a 4-5 year deal for essentially pennies? He wants -and probably deserves- to be the highest paid OT in the game for a short amount of time till the next guy is. That’s just how this works.

You used to pay attention a lot better.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:51 PM 06-22-2022

You need to recalibrate market value in your mind.

$16M AAV would be such a team-friendly deal that agent would be pilloried by his peers and never negotiate another deal.

$16M AAV isn’t even what you can get an average-at best guy for these days.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:55 PM 06-22-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Haha

You think Orlando Brown, a 3 time pro bowl tackle (made PB from both sides of line in multiple systems) is going to sign a 4-5 year deal for essentially pennies? He wants -and probably deserves- to be the highest paid OT in the game for a short amount of time till the next guy is. That’s just how this works.

You used to pay attention a lot better.
He's an elite run blocker I won't argue that but his passblocking another story.

I'm not going to give OBJ a blank check even if he thinks he's a Franchise Tackle
[Reply]
RunKC 01:17 PM 06-22-2022

You do realize the franchise tag pays him $16.6 million right? So why would he sign a deal for less money than the tag?

Some of you guys just don’t get that the LT position is actually not paid that much relative to other positions at the moment.

According to over the cap Orlando Brown He’s contract wouldn’t be a top 10 contract for non-QB’s in the entire league.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 343
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Up