View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 165 of 343
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
FringeNC 04:56 PM 09-17-2022
If Veach and Reid thought Brown was anywhere near elite, he’d have been signed long term. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Chiefs offer was borderline non-serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:59 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Exactly. If we have to trade him, we won’t get top value. If the Chiefs are willing to trade him, it signals to every potential trade partner that he’s not good enough.
Well, it's about fit
I always thought he was an odd fit in this offense. I said so here when people were talking about him being an option. I still think so.

Now, for other offenses, he's a better fit. We gave the equivalent of a second for him. I'd take that and move on if there's no marked improvement. I bet someone might bite
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:13 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, it's about fit
I always thought he was an odd fit in this offense. I said so here when people were talking about him being an option. I still think so.

Now, for other offenses, he's a better fit. We gave the equivalent of a second for him. I'd take that and move on if there's no marked improvement. I bet someone might bite
I think a 2nd is about as high as you’re going to get. The Chiefs would be giving up a lot of trade leverage just by admitting he’s not good enough to play here.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:19 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
Orlando was awful in pass protection last game. This guy is not worth the money. But who do you replace him with? It's almost impossible to draft a franchise left tackle by picking late in the first. I'm sure Bert has a plan.
:-)... what?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 06:21 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
Well, we broke your team...
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:24 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You’re either giving up cash or you’re giving up draft picks.

The last 2 drafts have been stellar. Lot of cheap home grown guys for the next 4-5 years. Id rather spend a good structured contract on Brown Jr and take the picks.
I would love to see Brown sign a good structured contract that pays him within reason of what he is worth.

I would also love to win the lottery.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:26 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
If Veach and Reid thought Brown was anywhere near elite, he’d have been signed long term. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Chiefs offer was borderline non-serious.

Yea, I wonder why.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:32 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
I said it in the beginning, I say it now. Pay that man, we simply have to. I don't feel we're missing Tyreek at all because Veach aced the draft, which was a big gamble that paid off. Not the case here.

Pay. That. Man. (After the season of course.)
I think the rule is once your tagged and accept it, no negotiation until after the season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:35 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I think the rule is once your tagged and accept it, no negotiation until after the season.
That’s correct. If they don’t sign long-term before mid-July no more negotiations until after the Super Bowl.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:48 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think a 2nd is about as high as you’re going to get. The Chiefs would be giving up a lot of trade leverage just by admitting he’s not good enough to play here.
If we could get a 2nd for him I'd make that deal in a fucking heartbeat.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:25 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, it's about fit

Originally Posted by BWillie:
If we could get a 2nd for him I'd make that deal in a fucking heartbeat.
Ok, so we get a 2cd for him. Then what? That 2cd isn't going to allow us to move up far enough to get a replacement that is better.
Who are you going to trade for that is better using that 2cd?
Please explain how you are going to improve that position.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:28 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Ok, so we get a 2cd for him. Then what? That 2cd isn't going to allow us to move up far enough to get a replacement that is better.
You won't improve the position next year most likely. We didn't improve the WR position when we didn't pay Hill either. I'd try to moneyball it. Find a tackle that other teams don't like as much because he sucks at run blocking but is much better at pass blocking. And make sure he's athletic so he can cover Patrick when he inevitably leaves the pocket on almost half of our plays.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:29 PM 09-17-2022
Originally Posted by FringeNC:

What? How do you figure that the offer was not serious?
We offered a 6 year $139M deal that averaged $23.1 a year with $95 Million in the first 5 years. That put him as the 5th highest paid LT in that time frame.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:58 PM 09-17-2022
What? How do you figure that the offer was not serious?
We offered a 6 year $139M deal that averaged $23.1 a year with $95 Million in the first 5 years. That put him as the 5th highest paid LT in that time frame.

That’s a fair offer.

[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:51 PM 09-17-2022
You act like drafting top 15 is the only way to get a decent LT.

And that's what we're talking about; a decent LT at a fair price.

We're not talking about Trent Williams on a rookie deal being the only thing that is better than OBJ.

OBJ is a weird fit for this offense; I've always thought. I think he's probably in the top half of LT's, but not probably top ten for THIS offense.

There are free agents every offseason; there is the draft, and having a one, two twos, and a two threes is a lot of capital. And there are trades. Any of those options could land a better fit in terms of skill-set for an Andy Reid pass happy offense.

It's not like it's a stretch for crying out loud.
[Reply]
Page 165 of 343
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265 > Last »
Up