ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 44
« First < 333940414243 44 >
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
New World Order 03:11 AM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
You really don’t want me answering this, Superstar.
:-)
[Reply]
patteeu 03:43 AM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
Keep your political bullshit out of the Lounge. This is a Chiefs thread.
He did, Captain Faceplant. That wasn’t political. It was cleverly not so. You should have just left it alone if your concern was about keeping the focus on the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:45 AM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
What's really funny is that a lot of GMs and other professionals who actually do this for a living rather than hobby were in the anti-Mahomes crowd. We're lucky to have someone like Andy Reid who understands and can develop QB talent.

Just glad Andy didn't listen to the draft gurus on here and select Geno Smith.
And I’ll even go a step further. Alex Smith was a good mentor to Patrick too. After seeing how other qb’s act when a new qb is drafted shows how good an individual Alex is. Could you imagine how ruined he’d have been if Stoolers would have drafted him? Ben would shun him, same with Pats or Sharters. Andy and Alex were a perfect fit for Mahomes!
[Reply]
Best22 09:15 AM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
And I’ll even go a step further. Alex Smith was a good mentor to Patrick too. After seeing how other qb’s act when a new qb is drafted shows how good an individual Alex is. Could you imagine how ruined he’d have been if Stoolers would have drafted him? Ben would shun him, same with Pats or Sharters. Andy and Alex were a perfect fit for Mahomes!
Mahomes wouldn’t be ruined. He’d just be a little worse than he is now.

It’s not like Mahomes was a dumb, talentless scrub who was turned into a star because Smith mentored him. Smith deserves alot of credit and I respect the hell out of him as a person but Mahomes is amazing and would be a good quarterback anywhere.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:23 AM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by Best22:
Mahomes wouldn’t be ruined. He’d just be a little worse than he is now.

It’s not like Mahomes was a dumb, talentless scrub who was turned into a star because Smith mentored him. Smith deserves alot of credit and I respect the hell out of him as a person but Mahomes is amazing and would be a good quarterback anywhere.
Yep. Rodgers turned out just fine in spite of Brett Favre being a jackass towards him. And in my opinion, the whole, "Maybe I'll retire.... maaaaaaybe I wooon't..." routine that Favre did for two seasons was a worse stunt to pull on your young replacement than anything Ben has done to his QB competition in Shittsburg.
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:12 AM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Are you quoting yourself and replying to yourself?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Just expanding on a thought
[Reply]
TEX 12:36 PM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Are you quoting yourself and replying to yourself?

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
:-) Explains a LOT!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:01 PM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
He did, Captain Faceplant. That wasn’t political. It was cleverly not so. You should have just left it alone if your concern was about keeping the focus on the Chiefs.
It wasn’t a political reference?
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:08 PM 01-19-2019
I remember the day we draft Patrick Mahomes. I was driving home from work and listening to 610 draft coverage. I remember the announcement came that we had traded up to pick number 10. I cant remember ever being more excited for something the Chiefs have done. I knew they were going with QB, admittedly I thought they were going with Watson, because I didnt really follow college football so he was the person I was more familiar with, but they said Mahomes. I was still ecstatic because I wanted a QB, so I didnt give a fuck who they picked. Thank God they picked who they did.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:15 PM 01-19-2019
From May 2, 2017 :-)

Can't blame them for the Kpassagnon stuff, though

[Reply]
patteeu 01:40 PM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It wasn’t a political reference?
No, just a reference to an embarrassing thread. He avoided even mentioning the content of the thread.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:52 PM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Yep. Rodgers turned out just fine in spite of Brett Favre being a jackass towards him. And in my opinion, the whole, "Maybe I'll retire.... maaaaaaybe I wooon't..." routine that Favre did for two seasons was a worse stunt to pull on your young replacement than anything Ben has done to his QB competition in Shittsburg.
Raplesberger is pulling the same shit, brah.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:56 PM 01-19-2019
From May 2, 2017 :-)

Can't blame them for the Kpassagnon stuff, though

Hot chick was the smartest guy in the room, lol.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:00 PM 01-19-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Raplesberger is pulling the same shit, brah.
I wonder how Uglyface Rocket Scientist Backup QB dude is handling it.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:05 PM 01-19-2019
I wonder how Uglyface Rocket Scientist Backup QB dude is handling it.
Fair point.

3rd round backup /= 1st round backup
[Reply]
Page 43 of 44
« First < 333940414243 44 >
Up