Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:36 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
:-) This reminds of that gif\video of Hill streaking down the field wide open in the playoffs against the Steelers and AS looking at him but never throwing him the ball.

This is really bad and he has been doing this all season long. I don't want to make excuses for him but maybe next season they can get an actual former RB to coach the RB's instead of a former WR.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:10 PM 12-30-2021
Is CEH a JAG? Does it matter? Most of the time the team that wins the SB has a regular Joe at RB including us. Did Williams play well, hell yes but where are we now without him? On the verge of a 3rd SB trip without him and with what we think are JAGS at RB. Blocking is far more important than who the RB is and every other part of the team is more important for that matter.

Never take an RB in round one, it's a wasted pick since their careers are short and they don't affect winning and losing enough in the playoffs.

Should we have taken Swift instead of CEH, for sure if they were set on taking that position but here we are sitting on top and where are the Colts? Still not a sure playoff spot yet and not even in the division lead and Swift is having and all time great year.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:15 PM 12-30-2021
See man, this is just sooo hard to stomach

Don't tell me about where the play was designed to go, an instinctual runner see's that gaping chasm open up and exploits the hell out of it :-)
[Reply]
srvy 04:34 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

Reid compared CEH to Darren Sproles. Think about that for a minute outside of Sproles' talent.

What was his role his ENTIRE career?

This team is never going to run the ball the way these people want. It's not going to happen.
Sproles caught the ball out of the backfield. So far CEH has shown very little ability. Damian Williams could catch that ball in the flat over the shoulder and turn upfield. Pat has tried to do the same and it results in Clyde stumbling over his own feet. He doesn't show the coordination to look up snd over his shoulder and run too. I wasn't that excited about his running with the ball but more what he would offer in the passing game at the draft. So far he really eliminates some of the things Andy likes to do. It's puzzling and disappointing.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:17 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Is CEH a JAG? Does it matter? Most of the time the team that wins the SB has a regular Joe at RB including us. Did Williams play well, hell yes but where are we now without him? On the verge of a 3rd SB trip without him and with what we think are JAGS at RB. Blocking is far more important than who the RB is and every other part of the team is more important for that matter.

Never take an RB in round one, it's a wasted pick since their careers are short and they don't affect winning and losing enough in the playoffs.

Should we have taken Swift instead of CEH, for sure if they were set on taking that position but here we are sitting on top and where are the Colts? Still not a sure playoff spot yet and not even in the division lead and Swift is having and all time great year.
I won’t get into woulda coulda shoulda with who we could have drafted. We don’t need an elite back as much as I want one. But it shouldn’t be too much to ask a rb to take what he’s given. And ceh just isn’t doing that. With our OL and the defense we’re seeing how we can never get more than bunt singles? All we need is a few extra big runs or first down runs.
[Reply]
notorious 05:24 PM 12-30-2021

[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:29 PM 12-30-2021
We aren’t far from seeing Trent Richardson-style memes about CEH
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:40 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
In fact, you told me that was Spencer Ware in that jersey, I wouldn't bat an eye.
He wasn't all that, but even Spencer Ware >>> CEH
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:46 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
:-) This reminds of that gif\video of Hill streaking down the field wide open in the playoffs against the Steelers and AS looking at him but never throwing him the ball.

This is really bad and he has been doing this all season long. I don't want to make excuses for him but maybe next season they can get an actual former RB to coach the RB's instead of a former WR.
Ok, that was pretty bad.
[Reply]
srvy 06:46 PM 12-30-2021
That's irritating as hell. I will say I'm not confident if Clyde does cut back that Spillane 41 wouldn't have upended him for just a couple of yards.
[Reply]
Infidel Goat 07:43 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Sproles caught the ball out of the backfield. So far CEH has shown very little ability. Damian Williams could catch that ball in the flat over the shoulder and turn upfield. Pat has tried to do the same and it results in Clyde stumbling over his own feet. He doesn't show the coordination to look up snd over his shoulder and run too. I wasn't that excited about his running with the ball but more what he would offer in the passing game at the draft. So far he really eliminates some of the things Andy likes to do. It's puzzling and disappointing.
Sproles caught 3 passes for 10 yards total in his rookie season and then missed his entire second season with an injury. He followed that up with 10 catches for 31 yards total in his third season and then started his ascent in season four with 29 catches for 342 yards.

I can only imagine what Charger fans were saying about him after three seasons.

CEH is a low-cost back for the next two years at least, and I think we all hope that he can develop further. His 36 receptions last year (in 13 games) suggest he's not incapable of receiving out of the backfield. Let's hope that he develops a little faster than Sproles, though...
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:47 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Infidel Goat:
Sproles caught 3 passes for 10 yards total in his rookie season and then missed his entire second season with an injury. He followed that up with 10 catches for 31 yards total in his third season and then started his ascent in season four with 29 catches for 342 yards.

I can only imagine what Charger fans were saying about him after three seasons.

CEH is a low-cost back for the next two years at least, and I think we all hope that he can develop further. His 36 receptions last year (in 13 games) suggest he's not incapable of receiving out of the backfield. Let's hope that he develops a little faster than Sproles, though...
Sproles was a 4th round pick, not #32 overall. Big difference
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:00 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
Sproles was a 4th round pick, not #32 overall. Big difference
Guys get picked in wrong slots all the time so people would think CEH is the greatest if he were picked in the 4th round and be more patient with him. He still has plenty of time to develop into a good to great running back that value him for his 32nd spot he was drafted. His second year isn't working out so great for him but it is his second year and guys get opportunity to prove what they got inside them and that can make a big difference for him for his career.

I'm not giving up on CEH.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:03 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Guys get picked in wrong slots all the time so people would think CEH is the greatest if he were picked in the 4th round and be more patient with him. He still has plenty of time to develop into a good to great running back that value him for his 32nd spot he was drafted. His second year isn't working out so great for him but it is his second year and guys get opportunity to prove what they got inside them and that can make a big difference for him for his career.

I'm not giving up on CEH.
That wasn’t my point. Infidel Goat stated he wondered what the Charger fans were saying after year 3 with Sproles. Probably nothing because he was a 4th round pick. The expectations are completely different when you get drafted in the 4th round versus #32 overall.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:08 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
That wasn’t my point. Infidel Goat stated he wondered what the Charger fans were saying after year 3 with Sproles. Probably nothing because he was a 4th round pick. The expectations are completely different when you get drafted in the 4th round versus #32 overall.

I agree with what you are saying but I think people are too quick to give up on CEH look at Tony Gonzalez first year and he was a much higher draft pick. So let guys develop and judge them in their 3rd or 4th year as a pro. Clyde did great things last year so I don't see why he can't get back to doing those things. He still in developmental part of his career and he is very young. I just hope he can stay durable enough to have a career that is my concern.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 80
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177 > Last »
Up