ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 138 of 256
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188238 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:47 AM 12-05-2021
playing borderlands game of the year enhanced edition
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:39 PM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
playing borderlands game of the year enhanced edition
Loved the story in the second one but the first is still my favorite. Love Moxxis arena in BL 1, it was also more serious and gripping than the last three.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:36 PM 12-07-2021
As we near the end of the year, I thought it might be fun to chat about the best games we played in the shitty year that was 2021. I have a short list of the best new or new to me games:

The Best Game for Everyone

Deep Rock Galactic

This is without a doubt my favorite coop looter shooter/horde shooter I've ever played. Better than Destiny, The Division, and even *gasp* Left 4 Dead 2. So what does this one do well? To start, the world they have created here is interesting, humorous, and efficient. When you aren't tossing back beers on your Dwarven space rig with pals, you'll be jettisoned into asteroid rocks full of dangerous bugs, attempting to mine minerals for the most ruthlessly capitalistic company ever know. This game has a near perfect flow to it: land, get your bearings, gather resources, endure waves of enemies, complete your objective, and get the hell back to the drop pod. The gunplay and balancing is near perfect, and every class is enjoyable and useful to bring to a mission. Just play this damn game!

A Game for many

Art of Rally

A top down rally racer with shockingly good physics, lovely voxel looking graphics, and the best sound track ever in a video game.

A Game for Masochists

Noita

A hard as nails and often unfair roguelike. This one has procedurally generated levels made of pixels each with its own physical properties. It's crazy good, hard, and at times very frustrating. If you are fan of Spelunky, Enter the Gungeon, and other games that simulate the feeling of taking a baseball bat to your testicles, you'll jive with this one.
[Reply]
Otter 07:37 AM 12-08-2021
I've been hitting up Assassin's Creed II lately. Easily my favorite of the franchise even if the console to PC transition control leave much to be desired.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 12:02 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
A Game for Masochists

Noita

A hard as nails and often unfair roguelike. This one has procedurally generated levels made of pixels each with its own physical properties. It's crazy good, hard, and at times very frustrating. If you are fan of Spelunky, Enter the Gungeon, and other games that simulate the feeling of taking a baseball bat to your testicles, you'll jive with this one.
I've been playing this for the last year. it's pretty good. the wand crafting is great, you can get some spectacular results (that often kill you)
[Reply]
Fish 01:37 AM 12-09-2021
Anybody playing Halo: Infinite? It dropped today. I got to play for a couple hours after work. I thought it was really fun. Felt very nostalgic. Gameplay felt very classic Halo. With some really cool improvements. Took a little getting used to the weapons. The Grappleshot is crazy fun. Adds a huge plus to the gameplay. Hitting a big bad guy with the grapple melee shockwave is really satisfying. Ran into a surprising number of battles where I ran out of ammo for both weapons and was desperately scrambling to find any available weapon nearby. Nice element of desperation/despair on a few battles, that forces you to pick up enemy weapons you don't want just to stay alive. The graphics look really nice(PC) overall. Great atmosphere. Taxes the system quite a bit though. Surprised how many resources it requires.

Impressed for just a few hours in. The multiplayer was released already, and while it's fun, it's a bit of a mess right now. Crazy issue with lots of cheaters. Which is weird for a new game. Hopefully it improves.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:42 PM 12-22-2021
I considered starting a thread just for arcade cabinet gamers but I guess this thread might be okay for this. So, is anyone else into old style arcade cabinet type games? I just recently bought this.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Defender-...3?athbdg=L1100

The image is not quite right as the trim is not red, it's black. Still, it looks pretty cool and I'm having a blast with this. Games included are Mortal Kombat™, Mortal Kombat II™, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3™, Joust™, Defender™, Rampage™, Gauntlet™, Paperboy™, Rootbeer Tapper™, Bubbles™, Toobin™, and Wizard of Wor.

Also, I just ordered a cabinet that has Donkey Kong (one of my all time favorites) and a ton of other games on it. Was hoping to get it before New Year's but sadly, it won't be here until early January.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 06:44 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I considered starting a thread just for arcade cabinet gamers but I guess this thread might be okay for this. So, is anyone else into old style arcade cabinet type games? I just recently bought this.

The image is not quite right as the trim is not red, it's black. Still, it looks pretty cool and I'm having a blast with this. Games included are Mortal Kombat™, Mortal Kombat II™, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3™, Joust™, Defender™, Rampage™, Gauntlet™, Paperboy™, Rootbeer Tapper™, Bubbles™, Toobin™, and Wizard of Wor.

Also, I just ordered a cabinet that has Donkey Kong (one of my all time favorites) and a ton of other games on it. Was hoping to get it before New Year's but sadly, it won't be here until early January.

big on facebook are groups that restore the oldies and also pinball
[Reply]
Fishpicker 09:11 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:

love those games. especially the early Midway games Robotron and Joust.

my Rampage single credit hi score is 263K
[Reply]
Fishpicker 09:16 PM 12-22-2021

I'm really looking forward to this even though the trailer looks a bit weak. the first space marines game was tits.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:40 PM 12-22-2021
I bought this for my wife

I had to put it together. It was fun.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:25 PM 12-22-2021
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
love those games. especially the early Midway games Robotron and Joust.

my Rampage single credit hi score is 263K
In high school, I mostly played the Atari home console. But I did put my share of quarters into Defender and Joust.

That's a blast from the past.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:27 AM 12-23-2021
WHO GOT DEM PS5'S!!!??
[Reply]
Lzen 01:10 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
In high school, I mostly played the Atari home console. But I did put my share of quarters into Defender and Joust.

That's a blast from the past.
I always loved playing defender at the arcade. I wasn't very good at it but still it was fun.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:11 PM 12-23-2021
I'm guessing everyone has seen that Unreal 5/Matrix demo by now?
[Reply]
Page 138 of 256
« First < 3888128134135136137138 139140141142148188238 > Last »
Up