ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2683 of 4811
« First < 1683218325832633267326792680268126822683 268426852686268726932733278331833683 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
TEX 09:24 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by DomCasual:
I love comments like this. I mean, I make this self-deprecating comment about our situation. There's no boasting involved - it's basically, "Man, we're good at being bad!" And you - what - make this awkward comment that sort of ups the ante on the disparaging thing I already said? It's like you were a little slow on the uptake with the original comment.

I read your response, and all I could think of was Nelson saying it.

Well then here's more for you to read... Fact is, Denver has been good at sucking for 6 years. In fact, the only teams who have been better at it over that time are the Jets and and Lions. :-)

BTW you're full of yourself. I read your BS on the Orange Huddle. Plenty of disparaging remarks from you there to go around. That stuff follows you.
[Reply]
TEX 09:27 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Nah, they'll reach 8.
Hope so. Further back in the draft order, and I'll nail my preseason prediction for the 3rd straight year. :-) Pretty
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:50 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Does anyone know the longest winning streak for one team versus another?
We won't know until we're done.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:51 AM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Yeah MHM we know. My hatred grew for Denver in the late 70's when I was a kid. Watching Denver beat our ass and them showing that butt plug barrel man dancing on the TV. One day I will complete my pledge to go and piss on his grave before I die
I don't know how you could really hate that guy (Tim)... seemed like a good fan, met him twice and had my picture taken with him on my first trip to Denver in '93 during the Den/KC game that featured Elway vs Montana. Good times.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:02 PM 12-08-2021
I'm sure he was a nice enough guy, but fuck him with a grain scoop
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:25 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I can't see how Elway could swing that. The value of the franchise has to be at least $2.5 billion. There's no way Elway could come up with that much scratch. He might be able to form a group of owners, but even then he'd have to be a minority partner.
Booze ain't cheap.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:27 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I don't know how you could really hate that guy (Tim)... seemed like a good fan, met him twice and had my picture taken with him on my first trip to Denver in '93 during the Den/KC game that featured Elway vs Montana. Good times.
It was amazingly easy.

How did you feel about all of the costumed KC idiots they'd show on TV?
[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 02:07 PM 12-08-2021
The Broncos are valued at 3.8 billion. They will probably sell for an even 4 billion. Either amount is the most any Sports franchise has sold for on planet earth and the Broncos are worth 1 billion more that the Chiefs...roughly.
Elway has nothing to do with the ownership selection. That is wrapped up in a Trust managed by 3 people. One of which is Joe Ellis, the team President.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 04:41 PM 12-08-2021
The Paton Plan is unfolding...

🚨 Sources: Russell Wilson would strongly consider waiving his no-trade clause for the #Giants, #Broncos and #Saints. pic.twitter.com/40Eude2zEP

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) December 8, 2021

Projected current cap space right now for teams Russ would waive his no trade for:

New Orleans: -$59.8mil
New York: $4.5 mil
Denver: $48.4 mil

— Benjamin Allbright (@AllbrightNFL) December 8, 2021

:-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:42 PM 12-08-2021
Holding out for a Russel Wilson gonna end up with a Mike Glennon.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:49 PM 12-08-2021
Holy shit please trade for him. Dude is pretty fucking trash nowadays and turns into a worthless pumpkin come playoff time.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:55 PM 12-08-2021
Lol his QB coach says this

Not real. This is a sign of how chaotic the next five weeks will be with reports about the state of the Seahawks from every angle.

— Jake Heaps (@jtheaps9) December 8, 2021

[Reply]
Rain Man 05:31 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
The Broncos are valued at 3.8 billion. They will probably sell for an even 4 billion. Either amount is the most any Sports franchise has sold for on planet earth and the Broncos are worth 1 billion more that the Chiefs...roughly.
Elway has nothing to do with the ownership selection. That is wrapped up in a Trust managed by 3 people. One of which is Joe Ellis, the team President.
I've seen a few things recently (sorry, no links since it's putting a bunch of things together) that indicate that five different ownership groups may be forming:

1. Bowlen daughter #1
2. Bowlen daughter #2
3. A group that elway is forming
4. A group that Peyton Manning is forming.
5. The descendants of the broncos' previous owner, Edgar Kaiser, are saying that they have right of first refusal to buy the team

Apparently alliances could be forming based on the following politics.

One of the daughters doesn't like elway and vice versa.

The current executive committee prefers manning's group over the others, but they're not averse to one of the daughters (not sure which).

Apparently elway and Manning are not going to team up for reasons I'm not clear about.

Apparently no one likes one of the daughters, which may or may not be the one that also dislikes elway. Obviously I'm not keeping a close eye on this.

The team doesn't like the claim from the Kaiser descendants and apparently they've tried this in the past without success.

With all that in mind, my thinking is that we may end up with the following groups:

1. A widely disliked daughter that no one will support, who'll only get the team if she can win a lawsuit. Odds: 1%

2. The Kaiser team, who'll only get the team if they can win a lawsuit. Odds: 1%

3. The elway team, who'll be resisted by everyone. Odds: 5%

4. Whichever daughter is not widely disliked, who may end up partnering with Manning. Odds: 20%

5. The Manning team, which I think will be the frontrunner, especially if they team up with the popular daughter. Odds: 33%

Of course, none of that will matter if some uber-rich person like Jeff Bezos or Mark Cuban comes in and tips everything over. Odds: 40%
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:38 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've seen a few things recently (sorry, no links since it's putting a bunch of things together) that indicate that five different ownership groups may be forming:

1. Bowlen daughter #1
2. Bowlen daughter #2
3. A group that elway is forming
4. A group that Peyton Manning is forming.
5. The descendants of the broncos' previous owner, Edgar Kaiser, are saying that they have right of first refusal to buy the team

Apparently alliances could be forming based on the following politics.

One of the daughters doesn't like elway and vice versa.

The current executive committee prefers manning's group over the others, but they're not averse to one of the daughters (not sure which).

Apparently elway and Manning are not going to team up for reasons I'm not clear about.

Apparently no one likes one of the daughters, which may or may not be the one that also dislikes elway. Obviously I'm not keeping a close eye on this.

The team doesn't like the claim from the Kaiser descendants and apparently they've tried this in the past without success.

With all that in mind, my thinking is that we may end up with the following groups:

1. A widely disliked daughter that no one will support, who'll only get the team if she can win a lawsuit. Odds: 1%

2. The Kaiser team, who'll only get the team if they can win a lawsuit. Odds: 1%

3. The elway team, who'll be resisted by everyone. Odds: 5%

4. Whichever daughter is not widely disliked, who may end up partnering with Manning. Odds: 20%

5. The Manning team, which I think will be the frontrunner, especially if they team up with the popular daughter. Odds: 33%

Of course, none of that will matter if some uber-rich person like Jeff Bezos or Mark Cuban comes in and tips everything over. Odds: 40%
It's a hot mess and unfortunate that the family can't figure it out and come to terms.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:39 PM 12-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
It was amazingly easy.

How did you feel about all of the costumed KC idiots they'd show on TV?
I've always wondered how some of those fans have the time, money and energy do to that stuff. I've never had issues with them.
[Reply]
Page 2683 of 4811
« First < 1683218325832633267326792680268126822683 268426852686268726932733278331833683 > Last »
Up