ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1679 of 4798
« First < 679117915791629166916751676167716781679 168016811682168316891729177921792679 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
New World Order 04:07 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
The Broncos have suffered from subpar QB play for the last 3 seasons (including Manning's last season) and have tried to address that issue through the draft and now through FA. You claim the Broncos can't bring in good FAs now but the Broncos managed to sign the #2 top QB FA in the NFL at a reasonable price. Sure, he's not Manning, but he had options too. Cousins was the top FA QB but the reality is, he has not proven himself to be a consistent winner. Keenum is no Manning but he's better than Siemian who turned the ball over way too much and Keenum already knows the Broncos offensive terminology.
Did anyone else want to pay him 20 mil per year?

Seems like every team who's starving at qb is in a position to draft one or put themselves into position by moving up to get one.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 04:07 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I didn’t say the Broncos are old, though it’s obvious most of your best players are either very close to, or over, 30.

I said that you have no real talent under 25 and every mid-late pick you mentioned was drafted 4+ years ago. Your drafts have arguably been worse than any other team during that time span.
Who cares how many young players a team has if they aren't actually playing? The two links I provided addressed the most important issue, that is, how old is the team on average, and how old are the players who are actually playing?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:09 PM 04-22-2018
Who cares how many young players a team has if they aren't actually playing? The two links I provided addressed the most important issue, that is, how old is the team on average, and how old are the players who are actually playing?
Are you ****ing retarded?

I’m talking about the young talent on your team because the subject was your GM’s shit drafting, and in particular over the past 4-5 years. If it were “very respectable” like you so ignorantly think, you’d actually have some.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:34 PM 04-22-2018
Like usual, when you’re presented with a football related argument and you have no real rebuttal, you turn to corny insults. You’re absolutely worthless when it comes to football discussion.
Not an insult. An observation. I’m not here to argue or offend any of the many people here I like. In my lifetime Denver has been to 8 Super Bowls and had the decency to wait until I was of drinking age to win their 3. They’re 29-13 in the playoffs. Have had a hell of a lot more winning seasons than losing. They’re currently paying the price we all knew we’d have to pay for Peyton’s two SBs with one win. And I’m happy to pay it.

There is simply nothing anyone could say that would make me want to trade places with any other team.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:37 PM 04-22-2018
Who was the latest player that Elway drafted to make the pro bowl or of the Broncos pro bowlers, who was the last one to go to the pro bowl that was drafted by Elway?
You are so obviously deflecting. He clearly was pointing out that ElFraud hasn't drafted a pro bowler in recent years. You couldn't answer his question, so you deflected. Around here, we call that a tap out.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 04:41 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
You are so obviously deflecting. He clearly was pointing out that ElFraud hasn't drafted a pro bowler in recent years. You couldn't answer his question, so you deflected. Around here, we call that a tap out.
BS, it was a confusing question which could be read two different ways.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:44 PM 04-22-2018
The Broncos have suffered from subpar QB play for the last 3 seasons (including Manning's last season) and have tried to address that issue through the draft and now through FA. You claim the Broncos can't bring in good FAs now but the Broncos managed to sign the #2 top QB FA in the NFL at a reasonable price. Sure, he's not Manning, but he had options too. Cousins was the top FA QB but the reality is, he has not proven himself to be a consistent winner. Keenum is no Manning but he's better than Siemian who turned the ball over way too much and Keenum already knows the Broncos offensive terminology.
Kase Keesum may have been the #2 FA quarterback available. That doesn't make him any good. Good quarterbacks aren't able to become free agents. They are franchise tagged and signed back to their original team, or else they are traded. Minnesota saw first hand what Keesum brought to the table and elected to let him walk. At best, Keesum is a poor man's Alex Smith. But most likely, he is a modest improvement over Trevor Semen at a much higher price.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 04:44 PM 04-22-2018
BS, it was a confusing question which could be read two different ways.
But yet you are the only one that was confused.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 04:53 PM 04-22-2018
Are you ****ing retarded?

I’m talking about the young talent on your team because the subject was your GM’s shit drafting, and in particular over the past 4-5 years. If it were “very respectable” like you so ignorantly think, you’d actually have some.
Young talent on the Broncos team:

Jake Butt, age 22
Su'a Cravens age 22
Adam Gotsis age 25
Carlos Henderson, age 23
Jeff Heuerman, age 25
Andy Janovich, age 24
Brendon Langley, age 23
Connor McGovern, age 25
Shane Ray, age 24
Bradley Roby, age 25
Justin Simmons, age 24
DeMarcus Walker, age 23
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 04:54 PM 04-22-2018
But yet you are the only one that was confused.
OK, so which is it?
[Reply]
Pablo 04:55 PM 04-22-2018

Jake Butt, age 22
Su'a Cravens age 22
Adam Gotsis age 25
Carlos Henderson, age 23
Jeff Heuerman, age 25
Andy Janovich, age 24
Brendon Langley, age 23
Connor McGovern, age 25
Shane Ray, age 24
Bradley Roby, age 25
Justin Simmons, age 24
DeMarcus Walker, age 23
:-)

Yeah, you can't just list everyone on your team that's 25 and under and call them "young talent".
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 04:57 PM 04-22-2018
Kase Keesum may have been the #2 FA quarterback available. That doesn't make him any good. Good quarterbacks aren't able to become free agents. They are franchise tagged and signed back to their original team, or else they are traded. Minnesota saw first hand what Keesum brought to the table and elected to let him walk. At best, Keesum is a poor man's Alex Smith. But most likely, he is a modest improvement over Trevor Semen at a much higher price.
This is one of the few times any viable, good starting QBs have come onto the FA market and the Broncos got the one of the best options.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:59 PM 04-22-2018

Jake Butt, age 22
Su'a Cravens age 22
Adam Gotsis age 25
Carlos Henderson, age 23
Jeff Heuerman, age 25
Andy Janovich, age 24
Brendon Langley, age 23
Connor McGovern, age 25
Shane Ray, age 24
Bradley Roby, age 25
Justin Simmons, age 24
DeMarcus Walker, age 23

Originally Posted by Pablo:

Yeah, you can't just list everyone on your team that's 25 and under and call them "young talent".
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 04:59 PM 04-22-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:

I didn't list everyone, just ones that are 25 or under and great upside. Many of the guys I've listed have significant playing time while others have been injured and haven't played as much.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:01 PM 04-22-2018

Jake Butt, age 22
Su'a Cravens age 22
Adam Gotsis age 25
Carlos Henderson, age 23
Jeff Heuerman, age 25
Andy Janovich, age 24
Brendon Langley, age 23
Connor McGovern, age 25
Shane Ray, age 24
Bradley Roby, age 25
Justin Simmons, age 24
DeMarcus Walker, age 23
looks like a bunch of 3rd stringers for the Browns.
[Reply]
Page 1679 of 4798
« First < 679117915791629166916751676167716781679 168016811682168316891729177921792679 > Last »
Up