ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 200 of 221
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204210 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:49 PM 11-24-2021
About 29 inches and 12 lbs. Caught it on a 3/4 wt. glass rod.

[Reply]
Easy 6 08:10 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

Carp around here get huge and they're common as dirt, I need to start targeting them more often for an easy "big" fish fight... what did you get that on?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:17 PM 11-24-2021
think about how old that muskie is.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:36 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
think about how old that muskie is.
Total crying shame it was injured too bad to survive, that magnificent beast needed let loose to keep the stock prime

Happens to me all the time with far lesser fish all gut hooked, or the gills are shredded... "well damn, this isn't what I wanted here"
[Reply]
Megatron96 09:04 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Carp around here get huge and they're common as dirt, I need to start targeting them more often for an easy "big" fish fight... what did you get that on?
Basically an oversized simi seal leech. On a sz4 saltwater hook with big dumbell eyes.

I’ll post a pic tomorrow.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:28 AM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

God Carp on a fly rod is a blast. I have a creek down the road close to the confluence of the river that the carp come to spawn. They are as tricky to catch as trout in my opinion. They put the run on that’s for sure. Me and my buddies call them Iowa bonefish
[Reply]
rico 07:50 AM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Don't have any experience frying up a monstrous, tough old muskie like that... they basically don't exist around here, except for one nearby lake trying it as lark

But since she couldn't be saved, I'd treat her like a huge old catfish... super well trimmed small chunks, soaked in a citrus/salt/water mix for 24 hours bare minimum, with a spicy breading
There’s this lake a few miles outside of my hometown (Mediapolis, IA) called Big Hollow that is stocked with muskie… and every year they re-stock it. Kind of cool. I haven’t caught one, yet, but I am usually there bass fishing. I can’t remember how far that is for you, but I hear of people catching them all the time. I would love to catch one of those… I’ve tried on the river a few times. You hear of people catching them in my area in March/April/May quite a bit… and since the flood of ‘08, you hear of them being caught in the drainage ditches and pumping stations.

Fun times.
[Reply]
Otter 09:18 AM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by rico:
There’s this lake a few miles outside of my hometown (Mediapolis, IA) called Big Hollow that is stocked with muskie… and every year they re-stock it. Kind of cool. I haven’t caught one, yet, but I am usually there bass fishing. I can’t remember how far that is for you, but I hear of people catching them all the time. I would love to catch one of those… I’ve tried on the river a few times. You hear of people catching them in my area in March/April/May quite a bit… and since the flood of ‘08, you hear of them being caught in the drainage ditches and pumping stations.

Fun times.
I've caught a couple Northern Pike in PA and they would die from the slightest misstep when removing the hook. Are Muskie the same?
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:25 AM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by rico:

Fun times.
I'm guessing at least two hours

I remember talking with you quite a bit about coming up there for a guided trip with ya, but man life just has a way of getting in the way... but I'll never say never, and maybe we can make it happen next year :-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:24 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
I've caught a couple Northern Pike in PA and they would die from the slightest misstep when removing the hook. Are Muskie the same?
That's very odd. Pike are usually pretty tough.
[Reply]
Otter 12:38 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
That's very odd. Pike are usually pretty tough.
They look tough but from my experience a rainbow trout has much more fortitude. Maybe just caught a couple bad ones but they generally went tits up after catching in my case.
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:51 PM 11-27-2021
I didn't go fishing this year. Not. One. Damn. Time. Never even bought a fishing license and my boat sat down at Truman in storage all year.

Strange year, I hope it never happens again.
[Reply]
loochy 02:19 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
They look tough but from my experience a rainbow trout has much more fortitude. Maybe just caught a couple bad ones but they generally went tits up after catching in my case.
Rainbow trout have more fortitude? That's pitiful. Pike should be ashamed. Trout are delicate little flowers. They're not like catfish or bluegill or anything...
[Reply]
Otter 02:42 PM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Rainbow trout have more fortitude? That's pitiful. Pike should be ashamed. Trout are delicate little flowers. They're not like catfish or bluegill or anything...
Catfish are the prime time Mike Tyson of fish.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:57 PM 11-27-2021
https://www.news-leader.com/story/sp...ks/8710912002/

Bass Pro Open on Tablerock
college kids won this
a million plus new truck and boat
[Reply]
Page 200 of 221
« First < 100150190196197198199200 201202203204210 > Last »
Up