ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 198 of 221
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:27 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
God ****ing damn another nice ****er but the cat whore ****ing spit it out when I got it in just reach ****ing ****s. ****.

still having some nice night.
Don't give up!!!!!
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:51 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Don't give up!!!!!
Im having a good night so far just threw back a little turd but I'm pleased with the blue and Chanel cats the chanel gave a bigger fight than the blue and about the same size. Ive got them both on a stringer.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:52 AM 08-09-2021
well they keep biting tonight fuck yeah.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:58 AM 08-09-2021
fuck their supposed to get bigger not smaller. fucker took a nice hit on my line I was like hell yeah and I'll name it pee wee Herman and I let it go.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:43 AM 08-09-2021
It looks like 9 state records have fallen this year.

I've never seen an eel even close to that size, but if this pictures doesn't exuded Missouri bootheel I don't know what does.

https://mdc.mo.gov/newsroom/ripley-c...eWonRhWNwrRGjo
[Reply]
loochy 09:45 AM 08-09-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:

I've never seen an eel even close to that size, but if this pictures doesn't exuded Missouri bootheel I don't know what does.

global warming man...it extends the growing season
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:49 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:

is that one of those snakeheads Jeromy Wade talks about? :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:24 AM 08-14-2021

[Reply]
Rasputin 01:02 PM 08-14-2021
now we're talking nice fucking blue cat.

This is the blue i caught on the 8th my first night and i caught another channel just as big but then and I caught several my first night then it was like someone turned off the lights the rest of the week and I couldn't catch a damn thing except a couple I think that broke my lines when I got them close enough to grab FUCK.

I did enjoy my time at the lake got my legs scratched up on rocks foolish me I shouldn't go to the lake unsupervised because I waded out in the water and tried going around cliffs and I knew better but did it anyways. Rocks are unforgiving.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:06 PM 08-14-2021
yikes. just saw a yeller scorpion just like the one that stung me seven years ago on my thumb and gave me nerve damage. Bastard.

Yeah these mother fuckers suck! about 7 or so years ago I got stung on my thumb and it throbbed for hours and it gave me nerve damage I still feel pain in my thumb it hurt like a mother fucker but that night I had was catching lots of fish so I didn't go to the hospital because I turned 40 then and I'm a man.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:23 PM 08-14-2021

This is the blue i caught on the 8th my first night and i caught another channel just as big but then and I caught several my first night then it was like someone turned off the lights the rest of the week and I couldn't catch a damn thing except a couple I think that broke my lines when I got them close enough to grab FUCK.

I did enjoy my time at the lake got my legs scratched up on rocks foolish me I shouldn't go to the lake unsupervised because I waded out in the water and tried going around cliffs and I knew better but did it anyways. Rocks are unforgiving.
Nice, that’s a perfect eater size right there my man!

Until I worked at Lake of the Ozarks this spring, I had no idea that MO had scorpions AND armadillos… thought they were a southwest thing, guess not
[Reply]
stumppy 01:27 PM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Nice, that’s a perfect eater size right there my man!

Until I worked at Lake of the Ozarks this spring, I had no idea that MO had scorpions AND armadillos… thought they were a southwest thing, guess not
Yup, tarantulas too. We didn't used to have armadillos but the damn things migrated north out of Texas.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:14 PM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Yup, tarantulas too. We didn't used to have armadillos but the damn things migrated north out of Texas.

Those cock sucking mother fuckers did same here and cost me a new radiator in my Tahoe I thought I had clearance but those fuckers jump and caused me my antifreeze to leak out I hope the next armadillo licked up that antifreeze and died.

They eat bugs from road kill and become road kill so they become a real nuisance.
[Reply]
stumppy 03:38 PM 08-14-2021
Those cock sucking mother fuckers did same here and cost me a new radiator in my Tahoe I thought I had clearance but those fuckers jump and caused me my antifreeze to leak out I hope the next armadillo licked up that antifreeze and died.

They eat bugs from road kill and become road kill so they become a real nuisance.
And to top it all off those pain in the ass mofos carry the bacteria that causes Leprosy.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:47 PM 08-14-2021
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Tarantulas too? damn that’s krazy

Yeah the roads around LO are a damn armadillo holocaust lol, surprised they’re hanging on there with the beating they take on the roads
[Reply]
Easy 6 08-14-2021, 07:58 PM
This message has been deleted by Easy 6. Reason: .
Page 198 of 221
« First < 98148188194195196197198 199200201202208 > Last »
Up