ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2732 of 4831
« First < 1732223226322682272227282729273027312732 273327342735273627422782283232323732 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:16 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by rydogg58:
Where is that?
9ers.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 09:25 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If for some insane reason Rodgers actually visited Denver, it would be great to hear the interview.

Rodgers: So tell me about your philosophy on quarterbacks.

Host: We love 'em. We've drafted six of them in the past decade and we've signed a bunch as free agents.

Rodgers: Six? Plus free agents? What's the story?

Host: Well, the GM drinks a lot.

Rodgers: Where are all of those quarterbacks now?

Host: Oh, that doesn't matter. You're going to have quarterback turnover when the coaches changes.

Rodgers: You've had coaching changes?

Host: A few.

Rodgers: How many?

Host: We're hiring our fifth one now in the past ten years.

Rodgers: Why do you keep firing coaches?

Host: Well, the GM is a mean drunk.

Rodgers: Can you tell me about the offensive line?

Host: No.

Rodgers: What's wrong with the offensive line?

Host: Hey, did I tell you that we're teaching our left tackle to read? He's making great progress.

Rodgers: This sounds like a mess. What's ownership doing to fix it?

Host: Oh, there's no ownership.
I regret that I have but one upvote to give.
[Reply]
TEX 09:27 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I regret that I have but one upvote to give.
I got you, I gave it one also.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:40 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
If 5 head really does buy the Donks they're getting a QB...
For his sake, he probably shouldn't take any tips from John Elway on what to look for when acquiring one.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 10:46 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Packers aren’t going to give Rodgers away for anything less than what the Rams gave up for Stafford, and they will very likely get significantly more.
No chance. Rodgers is much older than Stafford and comes with a ton of baggage to the degree a team couldn't even be sure he'd play beyond next year.

Remember, Goff was a net-negative in that deal, so the Rams gave up even more than it seems. The Packers won't take on a dead weight contract like that with Love in the fold and their awful cap situation.

Rodgers is 38. I know he had a great year, and I wouldn't wanna see him in a Broncos jersey, but it shouldn't be considered a lock he's gonna be great for 3-4-5 more years. Not at all. Especially depending on the situation he's in.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:01 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
No chance. Rodgers is much older than Stafford and comes with a ton of baggage to the degree a team couldn't even be sure he'd play beyond next year.

Remember, Goff was a net-negative in that deal, so the Rams gave up even more than it seems. The Packers won't take on a dead weight contract like that with Love in the fold and their awful cap situation.

Rodgers is 38. I know he had a great year, and I wouldn't wanna see him in a Broncos jersey, but it shouldn't be considered a lock he's gonna be great for 3-4-5 more years. Not at all. Especially depending on the situation he's in.
:-) :-)

This is just wrong.

Stafford’s body has been on the verge of breaking down for quite some time. That alone makes the risk about the same. The age difference is also irrelevant when we’re talking about a guy that hasn’t ever won a playoff game versus a guy coming off an MVP season.

Rodgers might be 38, but he’s shown no signs of slowing down. You might have a point if he were coming off a down year, but this is the complete opposite of that. There’s really no comparison between 2020 Stafford and 2021 Rodgers.

Also, like I said, there will absolutely be a bidding war which will only raise the price.

You have teams like Pittsburgh, Indy, and Las Vegas that are a QB away from being a SB contender and you think they’re just going to sit back and let the Broncos get Rodgers for a bargain? :-)

The Raiders alone will drive the price up significantly, as not only do they need Rodgers, they absolutely wouldn’t want him to be a Bronco.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:04 AM 01-23-2022
Honestly wouldn't be shocked if Tennessee threw their hat into the ring as well.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:07 AM 01-23-2022
Also, just wanted to point out the revisionist history here. It’s easy to say the Stafford is as valuable or more valuable than Rodgers today after a career year, but absolutely nobody would be saying that if this were 2020 and he was still a Lion.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:13 AM 01-23-2022
It would be kind of funny to see Brady and Rodgers both retire after this season.

The AFC would have Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert, Allen.

The NFC would have ... uhh.... Stafford? Dak? Wilson if they finally get him an OL? Maybe Trey Lance is actually really good? Lol
[Reply]
tredadda 11:15 AM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol you’re dumber than usual today.

More like “what is the going rate for an MVP QB?”

The Packers aren’t going to give Rodgers away for anything less than what the Rams gave up for Stafford, and they will very likely get significantly more.

There will be a bidding war.
GB might not have a choice. They owe Rodgers something like $46 million next year and are way over the cap as is. They would almost certainly have to restructure with him to lower that. If Rodgers refuses, GB would have to sell lower than they want with Rodgers or gut their team to get under the cap.

Not sure why Rodgers would want to go to Denver though. If he can't win in GB, what are his chances in the AFC with KC/LAC/BUFF/CIN all having young stud QBs. Walking into the AFCW would mean he would have to earn a playoff berth not to mention the AFCW, vs the easy NFCN.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:41 AM 01-23-2022
He doesn’t want to go to a rebuild Knowmo. Indy would be perfect for him

Packers now head into the off-season projected to be $44.8 million over the salary cap, the NFL’s second most challenging off-season position behind only the New Orleans Saints. pic.twitter.com/CSJUHfvKTd

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 23, 2022

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:20 PM 01-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Honestly wouldn't be shocked if Tennessee threw their hat into the ring as well.
Pretty sure they’re too close to the cap for that. And they have to extend Brown or they’re gonna have nobody. Vrabel is the kind of idiot to have Rodgers, but still run Henry over and over.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:52 PM 01-23-2022
What about the Eagles?
[Reply]
staylor26 12:53 PM 01-23-2022
What about the Eagles?
I could see it. They could talk themselves into the idea that they’d be a contender pretty easily since they were a playoff team.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 12:54 PM 01-23-2022
What about the Eagles?
And bench Hurts??/s
[Reply]
Page 2732 of 4831
« First < 1732223226322682272227282729273027312732 273327342735273627422782283232323732 > Last »
Up