« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236242 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
crispystl 08:07 AM 10-04-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nah.

I mean if there's one that falls or they really like, but don't go hunting that early
It's looking like the probably should've taken another one with the 3rd pick on this last draft too, but hindsight is always 20/20
[Reply]
O.city 08:10 AM 10-04-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
You could say that about any position really. The defense looks so good and is young for the 2 years after this one. The OL is still cheapish overall and can probably be something to find on day 2/3 this Spring.

Seems like weapons need to be Veach's next thing to attack. Kelce looks like he's starting to decline.
That's why I wouldn't go out of my way searching for it. It's how you pigeonhole yourself into a place and end up wiht a lesser player.

You aren't gonna replace the HOF'er. So don't try. Pivot. Build a strength elsewhere at a spot the draft allows you to.

They need to pour resources into the skill spots for sure. If it's a TE, great. If it's a WR, fine.
[Reply]
O.city 08:16 AM 10-04-2023
Originally Posted by crispystl:
It's looking like the probably should've taken another one with the 3rd pick on this last draft too, but hindsight is always 20/20
They've developed Gray into a good 2nd TE with upside and they had Fortson who got injured.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:22 AM 10-04-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Which is a huge disappointment. Skyy was touted as one of the best route runners in his class. It's still early in his career but he's most certainly behind in his development. At some point you have to start giving his snaps to Rice. I don't think there's any shame in that. Rice was a more explosive player the first day he walked through the door, a guy Patrick hand chose.
Which was ALL projection.

He wasn't running an advanced route tree in college. Nor was he facing complicated coverage schemes. He was mostly running curls and slants in college and doing it against vanilla looks and mediocre talents.

People presumed he could/would run advanced routes because they saw fast feet. Turns out they haven't translated apart from the jitterbug shit.

Projecting skills and traits from a guy who may have been mis-used I understand. But something like technique? I just don't get what we were thinking there. Technique needs to be demonstrated on tape and I just can't imagine he did so. Especially not based on what we've seen.

It was just an odd selection.
[Reply]
O.city 08:23 AM 10-04-2023
Was it Breeland Speaks at the WR spot?

They got a run on WR's, knowing they needed one, they overplayed their hand?

Seems as good of an explanation as any? I dunno. It's weird.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:25 AM 10-04-2023
That's why I wouldn't go out of my way searching for it. It's how you pigeonhole yourself into a place and end up wiht a lesser player.

You aren't gonna replace the HOF'er. So don't try. Pivot. Build a strength elsewhere at a spot the draft allows you to.

They need to pour resources into the skill spots for sure. If it's a TE, great. If it's a WR, fine.
Yeah, the last 2/3 drafts have been really top-heavy on defense. We have, what, Creed to show for the first 2 days of the last 3 drafts? And of course Rice/Moore.

Rice looks like he'll hit. Moore not so much. So they'll need to swap priorities in the next draft. And honestly it may only take one to put things back to even and you can go back to a pure BPA approach.

But the defense needed so much help getting younger, faster and more cost effective that their approach was likely not only defensible, but flat out correct. Now they have a new issue to deal with and can attack the draft accordingly.

I suspect they'll do exactly that and wouldn't be at all surprised to see their first 3 picks to to WR, TE and OT in some order.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:26 AM 10-04-2023
Was it Breeland Speaks at the WR spot?

They got a run on WR's, knowing they needed one, they overplayed their hand?

Seems as good of an explanation as any? I dunno. It's weird.
A little, but they also took more over a guy like Doubs who's just better and went later. I'd say Austin falls in that category as well.

Maybe a little approach error but also a straight up scouting failure. They just missed on the guy.

It happens. Onward and upward. Do your best to salvage the Moore pick but consider it a sunk cost and don't base any further decisions on having made it.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:47 AM 10-04-2023
Skyy seemed like a fit for our offense ever since the combine. Huge hands, elite 10 yard get off, thick legs to break tackles and seemed to be solid at nearly everything needed.

The guy ran a 4.41 which is nothing to sneeze at. The problem is he looks slow. It's the damndest thing.

I thought he would be a much better version of Albert Wilson but so far it doesn't look that way.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:53 AM 10-04-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Skyy seemed like a fit for our offense ever since the combine. Huge hands, elite 10 yard get off, thick legs to break tackles and seemed to be solid at nearly everything needed.

The guy ran a 4.41 which is nothing to sneeze at. The problem is he looks slow. It's the damndest thing.

I thought he would be a much better version of Albert Wilson but so far it doesn't look that way.
The poor 3-cone time was waived off by people who badly wanted the pick to work out.

And I don't know why when we used to recognize how important it was for receivers in this system.

A 20th percentile 3-cone time and 30th percentile shuttle drill should've said to us "Hey, maybe that 10-yard split isn't actually making its way into his agility components" and yet both were largely ignored.

Moore didn't test well, 10 yard split time to the contrary. He had one truly great component, one solid one and a few REALLY bad ones. Combined with the size/catch radius issues you had a real set of mismatched traits that made the prospect less than the sum of his parts.
[Reply]
TEX 09:02 AM 10-04-2023
Never liked this pick. Like it even less now mainly because he was touted as this excellent route runner, with quickness and good hands, coming out of college, but dude is nothing like that at this level. His best pass he caught was on an out route last preseason. That's a problem. :-)
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:05 AM 10-04-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
Never liked this pick. Like it even less now mainly because he was touted as this excellent route runner, with quickness and good hands, coming out of college, but dude is nothing like that at this level. His brst pass he caught was an out route last preseason. That's a problem. :-)
A lot of us liked Pickens. Who gives a shit if he's a headcsse, so was Tyreek.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:11 AM 10-04-2023
Here's the other thing about the 10 yard split - a hundredth of a second actually moves the needle.

A 1.51 vs. a 1.46 brings him down about 15% overall. Over 10 yards, that may truly be nothing than a 1st step (and he's small with short strides so he's gonna get those first couple steps pretty quickly).

The fact that 97th percentile over the first 10 yards to 82nd percentile by the time you get to 40 yards says that he's bleeding time vs. most prospects by really his 2nd or 3rd step. Combine that with the poor shuttle and 3-cone times and you have to ask what any of that actually does for you on a football field. And how useful is that 1st/2nd step when you can't even put it into use because you're so small that you can't absorb contact on the LOS so you have to sit there and foot fire to try to create a release?

The answer seems to be getting clearer by the day - it don't do much.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:32 AM 10-04-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The poor 3-cone time was waived off by people who badly wanted the pick to work out.

And I don't know why when we used to recognize how important it was for receivers in this system.

A 20th percentile 3-cone time and 30th percentile shuttle drill should've said to us "Hey, maybe that 10-yard split isn't actually making its way into his agility components" and yet both were largely ignored.

Moore didn't test well, 10 yard split time to the contrary. He had one truly great component, one solid one and a few REALLY bad ones. Combined with the size/catch radius issues you had a real set of mismatched traits that made the prospect less than the sum of his parts.
The 3 cone seemed to be the only physical detractor. But really it doesn't matter bc he just can't play.

The Puka kid had a terrible 40 and 3 cone time and yet there he is making plays.

He just can't play in this league. It's become painfully obvious.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:10 PM 10-04-2023
Yeah, the last 2/3 drafts have been really top-heavy on defense. We have, what, Creed to show for the first 2 days of the last 3 drafts? And of course Rice/Moore.

Rice looks like he'll hit. Moore not so much. So they'll need to swap priorities in the next draft. And honestly it may only take one to put things back to even and you can go back to a pure BPA approach.

But the defense needed so much help getting younger, faster and more cost effective that their approach was likely not only defensible, but flat out correct. Now they have a new issue to deal with and can attack the draft accordingly.

I suspect they'll do exactly that and wouldn't be at all surprised to see their first 3 picks to to WR, TE and OT in some order.
I would be amazed if OT and WE aren't the first 2 picks in one order or another. We need to go hell.for leather on offense.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:41 PM 10-04-2023
Here's the other thing about the 10 yard split - a hundredth of a second actually moves the needle.

A 1.51 vs. a 1.46 brings him down about 15% overall. Over 10 yards, that may truly be nothing than a 1st step (and he's small with short strides so he's gonna get those first couple steps pretty quickly).

The fact that 97th percentile over the first 10 yards to 82nd percentile by the time you get to 40 yards says that he's bleeding time vs. most prospects by really his 2nd or 3rd step. Combine that with the poor shuttle and 3-cone times and you have to ask what any of that actually does for you on a football field. And how useful is that 1st/2nd step when you can't even put it into use because you're so small that you can't absorb contact on the LOS so you have to sit there and foot fire to try to create a release?

The answer seems to be getting clearer by the day - it don't do much.
They thought he'd be a YAC guy, I did too. He seemed pretty good ball in hands, pretty strong after contact, fairly shifty. Obviously opposition matters and that's part of it, mainly I think the problem has been the "getting the ball in his hands" but. Probably for some of the reasons you mention.
[Reply]
Page 232 of 280
« First < 132182222228229230231232 233234235236242 > Last »
Up