ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Keep doubting CEH
TwistedChief 07:36 PM 09-23-2021
Yup, it's time to go there.

Clyde is being sold below guys on our practice squad (mOrE GOre!!). The Mayocks of CP are coming out of the woodwork to revisit the draft and the 'wasted' first round pick on a RB. He's slow. He's unathletic. He has no vision. He can't pass block. He completely sucks.

I'm not sold on this narrative.

Fumble was inexcusable but highly atypical. Guy has struggled with vision this year. But he flashed early last year. He's still figuring out this OL and the Chiefs are still figuring out how to use him in this system. He was named the MVP of the best college (spread) offense I think we might ever see. He has talent. Just needs to re-find his groove.

I'm not giving up on him as we've seen Reid do more with a lot less. And I think Clyde is primed to turn it up from here.

So, not a homer take. Just a take that's being less pessimistic after a difficult loss. Let this be a safe space for those who haven't given up on Clyde.

I believe.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:52 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
This is just ridiculous. How about Thuney making just an average attempt at a block so Clyde isn’t instantaneously met with with a defender upon taking the handoff? How about the forcing a 3 and out after the fumble? How about the D shutting the door on the Ravens 4th and 1?
You're a great apologist.

Hey, now do Dee Ford.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:56 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by TRR:
This is just ridiculous. How about Thuney making just an average attempt at a block so Clyde isn’t instantaneously met with with a defender upon taking the handoff? How about the forcing a 3 and out after the fumble? How about the D shutting the door on the Ravens 4th and 1?
Couldn't agree more. The DL makes the offense have be perfect and that's not happening. DL almost cost us the the Browns game and this one they are totally responsible for.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:07 AM 09-24-2021
Although i do not agree that Gore would be better, I don't think our coaching staff is that dumb to leave a guy better than CEH on the PS....

I will say second year guy with improved OL and he struggles and looks terrible pretty much says what he is.

1st round running backs aren't supposed to do this, CEH isn't cutting it and def is not living up to his 1st round draft pick.

Hope I am wrong and your right. Maybe it is just an injury he is struggling with and once it heals up he will be better. If not he has shown what he is at this point.
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:14 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Clyde was the reason. Everything that happened to that point in the game was over. Here we are, late on the game, in raven territory, with an absolute sniper of a fg kicker waiting to take the killshot.

So in your opinion, late in the game, down 1, needing a fg to win, if clyde is able to handle the complexities of simply protecting the football, the Kansas City Chiefs will still lose that football game because of poor defense and an interception that was little more than personal foul yardage at best?

Youre a ****ing idiot.

He did jack shit all game. The very least you can do when your brain farting playcaller takes the ball out of the hands of the best player on the planet wit the game on the line, is not fumble the ****ing ball on your way to losing a yard.
yep, CEH had a huge part in that loss he bears most of it. Shit runs with his poor vision and shit speed getting us in long down situations and then fumbled the ball away at the end. Andy didn't help with the run on 1st down every time but i think he runs him up the gut everytime cuz he's got shit for speed to hit the edge as we have seen. Again, 1st round running back shouldn't be one of your biggest weakness's in your O. At this point he is not even average he is a bust.

Maybe injusry or something else going on we don't know about and he will improve later idk but the eye test right now at this moment is he wasn't worth the 1st round pick and maybe shouldn't be getting all the carries.
[Reply]
TEX 09:15 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Last seven games he averages 3.8 YPC.

He's JAG.

Maybe he can be someone like Charcandrick West and stay on the roster for cheap.
He's the worst kind of JAG, he's a first round draft pick JAG.
[Reply]
TLO 09:32 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
He's the worst kind of JAG, he's a first round draft pick JAG.
You know what's worse than a 1st round pick JAG?

Ryan Sims
Jon Baldwin
Tyson Jackson

I could go on.
[Reply]
scho63 10:04 AM 09-24-2021
CEH seems myopic when he gets the ball and doesn't see lanes outside when the orginal hole is closed, he just bullies straight ahead into it and he seems slow as shit this year.

Is he playing heavier or bulkier than last year?
[Reply]
scho63 10:06 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
You know what's worse than a 1st round pick JAG?

Ryan Sims
Jon Baldwin
Tyson Jackson and Glenn Dorsey

I could go on.
FYP :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:08 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
This is actually the only thing he's really good...at
Idk. I haven't been impressed with him in the open field.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:14 AM 09-24-2021
I'm enjoying the MEH moniker.

That's gonna stick.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:21 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
FYP :-)
...Trezelle Jenkins
[Reply]
luv 10:23 AM 09-24-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I believe.
I'm with you. The best QB's in the league throw INTs, the best receivers in the league drop the ball, etc. RB's will fumble. It happens. This one just hurt... a lot. It's one game. Although, I do hope he finds his vision soon, especially if we're going to keep pumping him the ball.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:28 AM 09-24-2021
OP, I'm still doubting CEH as instructed. Will report back if the situation changes.

[Reply]
PHOG 11:07 AM 09-24-2021
MEH :-)
[Reply]
JPH83 11:10 AM 09-24-2021
He's going to have a good game and we're going to feel better about it, but ignore how awful the Chargers are against the run. If it really is just a confidence/over-thinking thing then this is the perfect game to get out of the funk.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 21
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up