ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'll say it; Mike Vrabel is a huge liability on this defense
steelyeyed57 06:11 PM 12-12-2010
He routinely fails to set the edge on outside contain. He routinely fails to get near the QB on his blitzes. He is routinely beaten in pass coverage. Today, in particular, he had crucial missed tackles.
I realize he has a lot of knowledge and leadership, but his dwindling athleticism is negating whatever intangibles he brings to the table.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:04 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Coaching isn't playing, you stupid dipshit.

Why don't you go ahead and list the players that earned in excess of $50 million dollars that later chose the NFL coaching profession.
Do you think its the money they've made or the time being spent a week? Gannon said he was offered a few coaching jobs by NFL teams the reason he turned them down was because of the time spent coaching during the week.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:08 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by billay:
Do you think its the money they've made or the time being spent a week? Gannon said he was offered a few coaching jobs by NFL teams the reason he turned them down was because of the time spent coaching during the week.
It's a combination of all of the above.

Coaching on an NFL staff requires at least an 80 hour work week. Many of those guys don't make 1/10th of what Vrabel's earning this year. If you're a 34 year old guy that's worth $50 million dollars, how do you convince your wife and children that you NEED to work 80 hours a week for $350k per year, if that? Especially if you're a smart, reasonably good looking guy that would fill an analyst role on any of the major networks?

Gannon's doing what other guys throughout the NFL have done when they've retired. Spend a few hours a week in the offseason tutoring young players (for a hefty fee, I might add), then return to the cushy, multimillion dollar salary that network analyst is paid.

This "love of the game" nonsense is just that: Nonsense. These guys would rather be coaching their children for free.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:13 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by LiL stumppy:
Dude, you are one of the biggest dipshits on this board..
:-)
[Reply]
FAX 03:35 PM 12-13-2010
We definitely placed top 3 in the NFL Air Tackle contest this weekend. Vrabel's got it down.

FAX
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 03:49 PM 12-13-2010
Coaching isn't playing, you stupid dipshit.

Why don't you go ahead and list the players that earned in excess of $50 million dollars that later chose the NFL coaching profession.
That's the first correct thing you have stated. You are correct, coaching isn't playing. But some people actually do want/like to coach you dipshit. Just because most NFL players have not done it, no one else will? Seriously, that's your reasoning?

Dumb piece of shit, your worthless.
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 03:51 PM 12-13-2010
Says the 20 year-old dumbfuck that was sired by even a bigger dumbfuck.

Go fuck your mother, you worthless piece of shit.
I am still wondering how you know Study is a smarter player. Please please enlighten us Dane McDumbfuck
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 03:57 PM 12-13-2010
Here is a few names... All HEAD coaches, and all played in the NFL at some point.

Dick Jauron
Tony Dungy
Jack Del Rio
Jeff Fisher
Herm Edwards
Gary Kubiak
Ken Whisenhunt
Tom Landry
Mike Ditka
Dan Reeves
Bill Cowher
Chuck Knoll

And John Madden was drafted, but didn't play due to injuries.
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:58 PM 12-13-2010
Here is a few names... All HEAD coaches, and all played in the NFL at some point.

Dick Jauron
Tony Dungy
Jack Del Rio
Jeff Fisher
Herm Edwards
Gary Kubiak
Ken Whisenhunt
Tom Landry
Mike Ditka
Dan Reeves
Bill Cowher
Chuck Knoll

Dick Lebeau, Mike Singletary
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:58 PM 12-13-2010
That's the first correct thing you have stated. You are correct, coaching isn't playing. But some people actually do want/like to coach you dipshit. Just because most NFL players have not done it, no one else will? Seriously, that's your reasoning?

Dumb piece of shit, your worthless.
You can't prove a negative, Dummy, which is what you're trying to prove.

The fact of the matter is that there are NO NFL coaches that earned in excess of $50 million dollars during their playing days. I'd go out on a limb and say there are no coaches that earned in excess of $20 million during their playing days.

Why?

PLAYING ISN'T COACHING. These guys play in the NFL because that's how they can earn a living. You can ask coaches around the league and they'll tell you that there are dozens and dozens of NFL players that play because that's how they can earn a living, NOT because they "love the game".

I realize that you're a 20 year-old dumbshit but let me ask you this: How can Mike Vrabel, or any NFL player that's earned in excess of $50 million dollars, justify to their families that they need to spend 80 hours a week earning 1/10th of what they earned as a player?

Do you not think that NFL players are real people? People with families and children that require parenting? What kind of man says to their children "Hey kids, I know I've made $50 million dollars and you're set for life, but I'd rather coach 80 hours a week than spend time with you and your mother. No offense.".

Grow up, Dummy.
[Reply]
Amnorix 03:59 PM 12-13-2010
I should note that I think Dane's point regarding players becoming coaches is correct if limited to players who made big $$$. The fact is that going from a star player making big bucks to the low man on teh totem pole of coaching sucks and is a brutal grind for low pay. It's rare to find someone interested if they have more appealing options (like living off all the $$ they made, or going into broadcasting).
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:00 PM 12-13-2010

Dick Jauron
Tony Dungy
Jack Del Rio
Jeff Fisher
Herm Edwards
Gary Kubiak
Ken Whisenhunt
Tom Landry
Mike Ditka
Dan Reeves
Bill Cowher
Chuck Knoll

Oh wow, thanks for the list! You'd think that I didn't follow football in the late 60's, 70's or 80's!

Dumbass.

And not ONE of those guys earned in excess of $20 million in their career, let alone $50 million.

They went into coaching because they needed a job.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:03 PM 12-13-2010
I am still wondering how you know Study is a smarter player. Please please enlighten us Dane McDumbfuck
It's up to YOU to prove that he's not
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:07 PM 12-13-2010
You can't prove a negative, Dummy, which is what you're trying to prove.

The fact of the matter is that there are NO NFL coaches that earned in excess of $50 million dollars during their playing days. I'd go out on a limb and say there are no coaches that earned in excess of $20 million during their playing days.

Why?

PLAYING ISN'T COACHING. These guys play in the NFL because that's how they can earn a living. You can ask coaches around the league and they'll tell you that there are dozens and dozens of NFL players that play because that's how they can earn a living, NOT because they "love the game".

I realize that you're a 20 year-old dumbshit but let me ask you this: How can Mike Vrabel, or any NFL player that's earned in excess of $50 million dollars, justify to their families that they need to spend 80 hours a week earning 1/10th of what they earned as a player?

Do you not think that NFL players are real people? People with families and children that require parenting? What kind of man says to their children "Hey kids, I know I've made $50 million dollars and you're set for life, but I'd rather coach 80 hours a week than spend time with you and your mother. No offense.".

Grow up, Dummy.
You've completely skewed the entire question in your favor with this fantastical $50MM number as if there are more than a handful of guys drawing breath right now who are retired who made that kind of money. I very much doubt the total population of that group is much more than five.

So these five stud QBs (say -- Montana, Elway, Young, Marino errr.....struggling to come up with more that might have made that kind of money, because sure as hell Unitas, Bradshaw and guys that played before the 80s never came close didn't) didn't become NFL coaches. That proves....what?
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:10 PM 12-13-2010
It's up to YOU to prove that he's not
errr....no, you're the one that said he was smarter.

Originally Posted by :
Andy Studebaker is a DII player that's smarter and more athletic than Vrabel every was at any point in his career.
As evidence that Vrabel is smarter, I've got years of experience, quotes from Belichick saying he was one of the smartest players he ever had, and multiple Super Bowl rings.

You have....your sphincter, from which you took your statement.

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:11 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
You've completely skewed the entire question in your favor with this fantastical $50MM number as if there are more than a handful of guys drawing breath right now who are retired who made that kind of money. I very much doubt the total population of that group is much more than five.

So these five stud QBs (say -- Montana, Elway, Young, Marino errr.....struggling to come up with more that might have made that kind of money, because sure as hell Unitas, Bradshaw and guys that played before the 80s never came close didn't) didn't become NFL coaches. That proves....what?
The number doesn't matter. Dane's just throwing that out there. The players that earned a pretty good wealth during their playing days don't coach they go into broadcasting or business.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up