ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 554 of 1203
« First < 54454504544550551552553554 5555565575585646046541054 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
scho63 08:25 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Creamy Dijon Chicken with peas, carrots and brown rice.

One of my favorite comfort foods.
Looks delicious but would probably blow my diet out of the water!

This was dinner tonight, 2 bags for only 460 calories.....

[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:28 PM 06-12-2017

[Reply]
BucEyedPea 10:49 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
Looks delicious but would probably blow my diet out of the water!

This was dinner tonight, 2 bags for only 460 calories.....
Substitute quinoa for the rice and it would work for a paleo diet—but not low cal. Or skip the grain altogether and have a salad. I use half n' half instead of the heavy cream the recipe calls for.

Nice to know about that package of veggies and beans you posted though. It looks good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:58 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Creamy Dijon Chicken with peas, carrots and brown rice.

One of my favorite comfort foods.
Recipe? That looks legit.

My millet is up and looking good. :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 11:41 PM 06-12-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Recipe? That looks legit.
It's an old recipe of mine and I don't remember it as it was written, I mainly just ad lib it to taste these days.

Simply flatten 2 chicken breasts with a mallet. I sautee the breasts in olive oil to brown it, then set it aside. Near the end I add a tiny bit of butter for flavor. I lid it for a few, so some juices spill out and get the inside to cook through. Then remove them and set aside when done.

Then I just toss in some light cream into the same pan using lite cream/coffee cream or half n' half. Just about enough to coat two breasts and a bit more, then add some Dijon mustard—maybe a tablespoon, until it thickens. It thickens fast so watch it and use about a med low heat or it curdles.

Then return breasts to the pan to coat and heat up, drop in some frozen peas. ( Don't cook them first as they will overcook). I only add the frozen peas to the brown rice once it's done too, then lid that pan again, for a short bit. It's all you need to cook them—just a little heat.

If your pan gets no juice and you get carmelization, just add a bit of water or broth to loosen it the bits...and you'll have some juice. Or do that before you lid the chicken and you'll get some liquid. Careful, you don't need much, just enough to add some flavor to the cream sauce. I mean a little or it affects the cream's consistency.

I toss some Herbes de Provence to top it off when I plate it, but even tarragon works. Or even savory can work. A few times I've added a small pinch of onion powder or garlic powder but very, very little. Not sure if I care for that, but experiment and see what you like. Didn't use it this time.

Originally Posted by :
My millet is up and looking good. :-)
Great! Think of all those Celiacs and wheat-allergics you're helping. :-)
[Reply]
Buzz 05:08 PM 06-14-2017
Last nights dinner and taco tuesday.

Attached: 20170613_220215 (2).jpg (81.2 KB) 
[Reply]
lewdog 05:44 PM 06-14-2017
The current wife and I are having a heated argument tonight.

Does worcestershire sauce need to be refrigerated once open?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:03 PM 06-14-2017
I always do. If it does it should say on the label.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:12 PM 06-14-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Not required, recommended for 'best flavor.'

It's shelf stable.
[Reply]
In58men 06:13 PM 06-14-2017

I refrigerate worcestershire, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and oyster sauce.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:20 PM 06-14-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I always do. If it does it should say on the label.
It says nothing, hence the argument.

You guys know what you tell a woman with two black eyes?

A: nothing. You already told her twice.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:13 PM 06-14-2017

I never have. It's never gone bad either.

Q:
Is it necessary to refrigerate Worcestershire sauce after opening?
A:
Worcestershire sauce does not need to be refrigerated once the bottle has been opened, as there is nothing that can spoil in the condiment. There is a school of thought that Worcestershire sauce should be refrigerated if it is used infrequently, but this does not add to its shelf life.

Full Answer

An unopened bottle of Worcestershire sauce will last indefinitely while an opened bottle of Worcestershire sauce will be good for up to 4 years. However, even after that time, the sauce does not go bad. What occurs is that flavors begin to mute and do not serve as well as an ingredient after that time. For best storage, keep the bottle of Worcestershire sauce in a cool dry place, such as in a food pantry. As with many prepared foods, the bottle should avoid temperature fluctuations or direct sunlight.

https://www.reference.com/food/neces...e77d1e455764b8

Gee, I don't live in a cool dry place. Perhaps, I should store it 6 feet underground? :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:14 PM 06-14-2017
It says nothing, hence the argument.

You guys know what you tell a woman with two black eyes?

A: nothing. You already told her twice.
You should know by now, as a married man, you will never win an argument with a woman.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:16 PM 06-14-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
I refrigerate worcestershire, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and oyster sauce.
I do teriyaki because mine is homemade. I also refrigerate oyster and fish sauce. I don't refrigerate vinegar though. You don't have to. It will keep. It even kills bacteria and germs. I clean with a fair amount of vinegar.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 08:20 PM 06-14-2017
Using up some foods that may be hanging around too long if I don't. So Ziti with meatballs, sauce and impored Parmigiano-Reggiano—the best of the best on top.

I know, I bury the meatballs in sauce and you can't see them that well. I keep forgetting to move them around to the top for the picture. Oh, well. I like mine small but there's more than a few under there.

Ziti is a rice and corn blend.
Attached: Ziti & Meatballs.png (698.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 554 of 1203
« First < 54454504544550551552553554 5555565575585646046541054 > Last »
Up