ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I fail to see WTF is the point of these 8k camera end zone shots
RealSNR 08:31 PM 09-16-2021
Yeah! Sweet! Blur out everything in the background! It's just like Madden ya'll!!!!

Ok. People like video games. People like football. People like the football video game.

But do people seriously like the video game football?

I get that it debuted last season, but who the fuck thought this was such a great idea that they're putting it on ALL the goddamn broadcasts?

If I were BlackOp, this would be where I'd claim the NFL is in cahoots with the Illuminati to get us all used to an all VR world when they plug us into the matrix as energy slaves.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:25 PM 09-16-2021
Yes, it's gimmicky and I don't understand what the point of it is but...I'm old and I don't understand a lot of things these days. NOW GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
[Reply]
Fish 11:42 PM 09-16-2021
Some info....

Any Given Sunday: How the Sony a7R IV Is Changing NFL Broadcasts

[...]

To broadcast NFL games for fans at home wanting 4K UHD, Fox Sports captures a 1080p HDR (HLG format) signal and then upconverts to 4K.

"We did a straight 4K SDR game, but as we started to refine our view of 4K UHD. In terms of resolution, people weren't exactly interested in resolution. Instead, they were interested in color and HDR," says Davies. Since fewer viewers are watching in 4K UHD at the moment, upconverting to 4K serves the wider HD audience of today.

Honestly, bolded sounds like a bullshit excuse though...
[Reply]
carcosa 12:29 AM 09-17-2021
I think they're kinda neat
[Reply]
JakeF 01:02 AM 09-17-2021
Just trying to find new shit to use.

Most innovation is stupid at first, then it develops into something decent.

I still think they should put sensors in the Football, on the players, endzone line,field goal posts.

Also put camera everywhere too.

All the sensors and automatically have the replay cameras follow the football etc so nothing is ever missed. The football sensor can tell exactly when it crosses the 1st down market or endzone line. They could tell when the football bounces to tell about a fumble or incompletion. Computerize all of it so the replay tech can tell the refs whatever they need to know almost instantly. NFL has the money to do.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:35 AM 09-17-2021
I think it's cool looking.
[Reply]
srvy 05:42 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Is the problem that we don't have 8K TVs?
This is what I am wondering. Maybe it's something primarily used by the league office for reviews?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:29 AM 09-17-2021
It is as bad when CBS decides to show the end view during a basketball game. Only you can predict when it happens, just after halftime.

Dumb shot. If I wanted those shots, I Would have bought a seat there.
[Reply]
tatorhog 07:31 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
They should shoot an entire game like that.
They did the audio equivalent with the manning abortion monday night.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:49 AM 09-17-2021
Hated it. I want it to feel as real as possible. That makes it feel - fake. Like a video game.
[Reply]
Cosmos 07:50 AM 09-17-2021
I have a 4K 75” Samsung I picked up just for the football season, and this technology makes me feel as if I’m looking at some stupid video game version of a game.

Don’t like…
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:00 AM 09-17-2021
It's trash.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:10 AM 09-17-2021
It makes it look like Madden and the first time I saw it I said to myself"WTF is this bullshit"

DO NOT LIKE
[Reply]
F150 08:13 AM 09-17-2021
Its the signal the end times have begun.
[Reply]
Papi 08:26 AM 09-17-2021
OP is correct and anyone that disagrees is wrong or watches an old crap tube tv. Why the F do I want any blur with my expensive ass HD tv???
[Reply]
FlaChief58 08:29 AM 09-17-2021
It's stupid and should go away immediately.

Now get off my lawn!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up