ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Candyman (2021)
Tribal Warfare 01:06 PM 07-10-2021

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:02 PM 07-10-2021
Holy shit. Always loved the original, and am looking very forward to seeing this!
[Reply]
Sorry 01:25 AM 07-11-2021
I love the mind and direction of peele, so i'm in.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:36 AM 07-11-2021
Fuck yeah that looks good and I'm going see it. Hopefully it will be on HBO MAX.

However I don't want to be disappointed it's rare a remake is any good compared to the original but damn this looks like they hit it out of the park.

Loved the original

Spoiler!

[Reply]
sully1983 10:35 AM 07-11-2021
Originally Posted by Sorry:
He's definitely skilled thats for sure. (even though I was a bit disappointed in his directorial sophomore film called Us. Sure it featured some good acting & some intense moments in it but imo the third act of it goes completely off the rails and becomes quite laughable)

I'll admit that this trailer for Candyman was pretty damn good and well made. Here's hoping it delivers the goods.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:45 AM 07-11-2021
Like a lot of movies, this was supposed to be out over a year ago, but Covid.

The studio must think it’s decent or they would have sold it off to a streamer by now.
[Reply]
Lzen 08:46 AM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by Sorry:
You must not have seen Us.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:29 PM 09-04-2021
It was enjoyable but had its warts.

I liked that they tried to expand the Candyman mythos even though they really just made it more convoluted. The shadow puppet exposition scenes were awesome as well, especially during the credits.

Hated the on-the-nose social commentary. White people bad, black people oppressed- we get it.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
sully1983 08:49 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

I liked that they tried to expand the Candyman mythos even though they really just made it more convoluted. The shadow puppet exposition scenes were awesome as well, especially during the credits.

Hated the on-the-nose social commentary. White people bad, black people oppressed- we get it.

Spoiler!
Yeah I've read some complaints that its pretty much a "woke horror" type of movie which isn't really surprising these days (sadly)
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:57 PM 09-04-2021
I liked it a lot.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:39 PM 09-05-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Yeah I've read some complaints that its pretty much a "woke horror" type of movie which isn't really surprising these days (sadly)
It's way more than you will enjoy. I'm 100% sure of it.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:36 PM 09-05-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Spoiler!
Hasn't each one of Peele's movies kind of had that theme?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:30 PM 09-05-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see much in Us. Get Out and Candyman are ripe with it, though.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:51 PM 09-05-2021
CRAP! Waist of time! 1/5
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:40 AM 09-06-2021
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Yes. He’s a talented guy, but It’s probably time for him to find a new gimmick
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up