ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 352
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:12 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I think the thing that will likely have killed the rivalry are college students lack of awareness of the rivalry today.

A couple of students at KU keep up the student organization I started there. MU came up in a conversation over the summer and they may as well have been Boise State to them. Made me realize that freshmen today were 8 the last time KU-MU played a conference game.

Compare that to my freshman year (the last year MU was in the conference) and the anticipation on campus before that game was unlike anything I ever experienced (until my senior year when Kentucky came to town). I just don't think we're going to have that energy from either campus anymore, which, at the end of the day, is what sustains an intense college rivalry like that.
Great point.

But fuck you for making me feel so old. :-)

Sidenote: Congrats on getting a new college organization to hang on for close to a decade. I graduated in 2007 and was involved in Greek Life. I was shocked at the changes in the organizations that has transpired in 14 years. And those were established organizations. Healthy reminder the college scene is a short term one. Also a reminder of just how amazing Self's tenure has been.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:42 AM 09-17-2021
I'm really intrigued to see how the Great White Hype does.

He's either going to be very useful or a huge liability me thinks. But fascinating. Haven't seen many D2 players go to a Blue Blood before like this. He was the very best scorer in all of D2 and Boschee reps it.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:43 AM 09-17-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Great point.

But **** you for making me feel so old. :-)

Sidenote: Congrats on getting a new college organization to hang on for close to a decade. I graduated in 2007 and was involved in Greek Life. I was shocked at the changes in the organizations that has transpired in 14 years. And those were established organizations. Healthy reminder the college scene is a short term one. Also a reminder of just how amazing Self's tenure has been.
I remember being in Lawrence in 2012 during the championship game vs Kentucky and thinking I was soo old then watching it with college kids even though I was only about 5 years removed from college. Still kicking myself for not watching the 2008 championship in Lawrence.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:18 PM 09-17-2021
Run DMC will be performing at Late Night this year
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:38 PM 09-27-2021

THIS WEEK 🙌 pic.twitter.com/9LQJVzJXS6

— Kansas Basketball (@KUHoops) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
BWillie 12:53 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Never forget.

[Reply]
cmh6476 09:32 AM 09-30-2021
most of the times for tipoffs have been posted
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:03 AM 09-30-2021
Anyone going to KU-Mizzou?

I bought my tickets for that one.
[Reply]
cmh6476 10:19 AM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Anyone going to KU-Mizzou?

I bought my tickets for that one.
yep
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:18 PM 10-01-2021
This JP story is awesome. Great job by the team.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:37 PM 10-01-2021
Self called DaJuan Harris the most improved player
[Reply]
BWillie 09:37 PM 10-01-2021
Thoughts from the Late Night Scrimmage....

DaJuan Harris and David McCormack looked like the best players on the court. Harris was dropping dimes and getting steals as usual. Drilled a 3 and was attacking the rim beautifully. McCormack had some real athletic moves that kind of surprised me and then went 1-2 from 3pt land mucb to the chagrin to coach Self. For some reason Self is not a fan of his centers shooting 3s. McCormack was our best FT shooter last year, there is no reason he cant step out.

Braun looked like Braun. But he missed alot of threes badly. Had some nice finishes on dunks but we all know he has the hops, he just doesn't have the agility and craftiness in the paint.

Remy Martin was a delight. Easily the fastest player on the team with the ball. Yesefu may have something to say about that but Remy is just fluid with the ball. You could tell even in a Scrimmage his focus was being a PG and focusing on moving the ball. Was great to see as his volume shooting was the only real knock against him coming from Arizona State.

Ochai looked good. Stroke looks solid. Made a couple nice threes even though as a whole the team had to of shot 65% of their shots from distance. He actually had some drives where he actually used his body and didn't shy away from contract which was refreshing to see.

Jalen looked like the same guy. Hard to take much from the scrimmage as Wilson takes advantage of mismatches by going up against slower 4s.

Cam Martin looked almost as good as advertised. Missed some shots but had some good finishes and showed his knack for scoring around the basket in one instance.

Yesefu had great straight line speed and has a few good dishes but Id like to see more before I can say much about him either way.

Clemence looked bad. Bricked his shots but does have a nice shot. Was fed some great passes by Harris and Remy a couple times and had no idea with what to do with them around the basket.

Many interesting comments from Self since he helped announce most of the Scrimmage. Said Harris was the most improved player. Seemed to hint Cuffe and Pettiford as redshirt candidates. Clearly still hates when any tall person steps out to sboot 3s. Said Jalen and JCL were teams best shooters. Pettiford and Yesefu as best athletes. Had positive things to say about Clemence, seemingly may be more than a 3rd stringer this year. Mentioned trying to play 10 deep.

We are clearly going to be good. Just need interior defense. Perhaps KJ Adams could fill that role. Self lauded over his ability for always being by the ball and impacting the play. Even compared him to a smaller T-Rob at one point, albeit a poor mans.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:59 PM 10-01-2021
Yesufu looks a lot like a young Sherron. Built like a tank and explosive.

KJ Adams seems like a Jamari Traylor type. If he’s a high energy guy like that, he’ll get minutes.

Cam Martin looked good even if he missed some 3’s. We know he can hit from deep, so I’m not worried. He looks kind of stiff though with a bit of an awkward build. I think he can give good minutes though.

Clemence was by far the most disappointing. He was left alone under the basket once with no defenders around him and he basically froze up. Self also called him soft once, so I’m not expecting much from him.

BWillie covered most of my other thoughts already.
[Reply]
ROYC75 10:13 PM 10-01-2021
Going to be an interesting year to say the least!

B12 play is going to rough and tough, OSU, Tx and Baylor is easily top 15 programs this year, along with the usual pain in the ass trips to Norman and Morgantown! The non conf. is challenging as well.

RCJK :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:51 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Lulz you probably don't even know who Run DMC is :-)
[Reply]
Page 21 of 352
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up