ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Media Center>Shang Chi and the legend of the ten rings
Sure-Oz 04:52 PM 04-19-2021
Teaser.

https://youtu.be/giWIr7U1deA

I've read some of the latest comics of him and really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:33 PM 06-29-2021

CONFIRMED BY KEVIN FEIGE:

Abomination is definitely fighting Wong in the #ShangChi trailer.@NATIONALNEWSDMhttps://t.co/m4myEs75pY pic.twitter.com/uE3kbEno8x

— DAINIK NATIONAL NEWS DIGITAL MEDIA (@NATIONALNEWSDM) June 30, 2021

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:06 PM 08-12-2021

A new Taiwan poster for #ShangChi has been officially released! Runtime details: https://t.co/6ADfN2I7M6 pic.twitter.com/v8Oodr64gP

— MCU - The Direct (@MCU_Direct) August 12, 2021

I love it when the MCU is comic accurate! pic.twitter.com/KUxutb56Ap

— Heroic Hollywood (@heroichollywood) August 12, 2021

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:22 PM 08-12-2021
Still wish it was more akin to The Raid or John Wick then the standard superhero fare. Probably won't see it unless it has rave reviews.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:42 AM 08-23-2021
94% on 53 reviews so far via Rotten Tomatoes
[Reply]
eDave 03:54 PM 08-23-2021

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:33 PM 08-23-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Lol. I can't wait to go see this.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 11:41 PM 08-23-2021
I'll see it, but the Death Plague will probably have me wait until it hits Disney+ in October.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:50 PM 09-02-2021
The broad who played "Katie" was lame as fuck and should've been killed off, but other than that it was a solid movie
[Reply]
Barret 08:11 PM 09-03-2021
Just saw it tonight. Really good fight scenes and yes it did a lot better then Iron Fist. Agree with Tribal about "Awkwafina" who played Katie. I think they were trying for the comedy side kick thing with her. There is an annoyance level with her.

There is a mid credit and end credit scene. Mid credit I think was more important. End credit was "sooo.....why do I care"

I would recommend a movie theater to watch it if you can. it is good enough to lay out the cash for that type of experience.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:01 PM 09-03-2021
It was good and enjoyable.

I thought the first act was pretty slow due to the whole origin stuff, but the choreography for the fights as well as CGI.

I don't get the criticism for Katie-I thought she was fine for how she was used.

The references to earlier MCU movies was also a nice touch.

Probably wouldn't see it a second time, but I wouldn't be opposed to if offered. Definitely worth seeing at least once.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:05 PM 09-03-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
It was good and enjoyable.

I thought the first act was pretty slow due to the whole origin stuff, but the choreography for the fights as well as CGI.

I don't get the criticism for Katie-I thought she was fine for how she was used.
All of her comedic quips came off as forced humor attempting to be like Kat Dennings.

The inviting herself on said dangerous quest was when I hoped they'd kill her off due to how irritating she was.

"Katie" wasn't funny and was shoehorned in the movie for comedic relief. Added to that she wasn't attractive enough to look past her insufferable nature.
[Reply]
sully1983 06:53 AM 09-04-2021
I have no intentions of seeing this in theaters (will wait til it is at my public library to rent for free)

I am not surprised at all to read all the lukewarm / mediocre reviews for this. Sounds like its your typical predictable MCU outing.
And also not surprised that Awkafina or whatever that actress's name was cringeworthy unfunny. The MCU is known for a lot of their cheap attempts at comedy when its not needed. Good to hear that the fight sequences are at least legit and impressive to watch at least.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:29 PM 09-04-2021
It just devolves into CGI boss battle. Was great for the first hour and a half though, but when you diverge from the story you've been setting up for that time so drastically in the last thirty minutes, it just kinda diminishes the story you've been trying to tell. 7 Gazs out of 10
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 07:37 PM 09-06-2021

.@SimuLiu with a perfect strike AND a backflip. 😱

Gotta be one of the best first pitches this year. 👏 pic.twitter.com/RUAZyGDAmM

— MLB (@MLB) September 5, 2021

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:28 PM 09-06-2021
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
It just devolves into CGI boss battle. Was great for the first hour and a half though, but when you diverge from the story you've been setting up for that time so drastically in the last thirty minutes, it just kinda diminishes the story you've been trying to tell. 7 Gazs out of 10
Just finished watching it. I like it a lot overall, but agree with the CGI nonsense at the end.

How do you let your martial arts movie end in a video game battle between two CGI creatures? Dumb.

Other than that it was great. Nice to see a mostly Asian cast in a big budget American feature. Tony Leung is a legend

Oh, and Ben Kingsley is awesome. I liked Katie too, but can see why she would annoy some.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up