ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Media Center>Valheim
keg in kc 12:39 PM 02-07-2021
The big new thing on Steam right now. Early access Viking survival RPG that is only $19.99 (!!!). I watched a number of hours of different guys streaming it yesterday, and I'm tempted to get it even though my PC is complete shit. If it ever comes to console, I'm all over it...

https://store.steampowered.com/app/892970/Valheim/

[Reply]
Fish 11:53 PM 03-02-2021
Made it to the Bronze age, and haven't even fought the second boss. Trying to reach the Elder, but the water travel is a bitch. Get a proper workbench close to the water, blah blah. Then I finally get a raft on the water, and it proceeds to rain for almost 2 days, LOL. Made about 4 days in-game travel, and set up another camp at a draugr fort, after almost dying clearing it out. Setup my first teleport ring, and name it "Draugr fort." Teleport back to my main camp, and immediately renamed that teleport ring because I didn't know how they worked. Then couldn't remember how to type "Draugr fort" correctly(maybe a little drunk) to connect back to the remote one. Had to walk back, LOL. :-)

Fun though. And I haven't really even scratched the surface... Looking up some info, and see motherfuckers building full out castles?
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:50 AM 03-03-2021

[Reply]
Rausch 12:26 PM 07-08-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
spent two hours last night just sailing around lol i might be addicted to this damn game
I am.

I plan to get a server on GPortal. Anyone be interested?...
[Reply]
eDave 10:40 PM 07-08-2021
How's the development been coming along so far? For $20, it's the perfect game for me to waste some time on from time to time when I want to get away.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:52 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
How's the development been coming along so far? For $20, it's the perfect game for me to waste some time on from time to time when I want to get away.
I've only been playing about two months and IIRC the last patch came out a week before I d/loaded it. I've never played a pre-release before so I don't know how often patches and updates usually come out.

I can say I haven't run in to a single bug yet. Not one in 2 months of playing. That wasn't true of ARK after 5 years...
[Reply]
alanm 04:33 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I've only been playing about two months and IIRC the last patch came out a week before I d/loaded it. I've never played a pre-release before so I don't know how often patches and updates usually come out.

I can say I haven't run in to a single bug yet. Not one in 2 months of playing. That wasn't true of ARK after 5 years...
There's a guy on You Tube named Raptor that does a bunch of tutorials on Valheim in case you're interested. He's been through all the bosses and built a shitload of stuff. The swamp is a ass kicker to get thru. The Death mosquitoes are brutal. :-) But their mostly on the prairies.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:08 PM 07-12-2021
I beat this game with some friends and a dedicated server. Great game, not near enough content.

They would do well to flesh out instancing, so you could go raiding etc. all in all loved it, but has very little replay ability
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:21 PM 07-12-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I beat this game with some friends and a dedicated server. Great game, not near enough content.

They would do well to flesh out instancing, so you could go raiding etc. all in all loved it, but has very little replay ability
Yup I hit a wall a while back.
[Reply]
alanm 07:08 AM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
There is going to be new bosses and new realms to explore soon. Right now the game is still in it's infancy. IMO they released it way too soon. It's a small group of developers and most likely needed money to continue.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:31 PM 07-13-2021
Originally Posted by alanm:
There is going to be new bosses and new realms to explore soon. Right now the game is still in it's infancy. IMO they released it way too soon. It's a small group of developers and most likely needed money to continue.
Sure I understand it's ea. I come back to games all the time, most things I play are in early beta to start.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:02 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
These games with building systems I could play forever. Base construction is probably as much fun to me as playing the damned thing...
[Reply]
Fish 04:20 PM 07-14-2021
I stopped playing after reaching the iron era and seeing how hard it was to get iron scrap back to your base. The swamp sucks...
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:25 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
I stopped playing after reaching the iron era and seeing how hard it was to get iron scrap back to your base. The swamp sucks...
Mod the game to your liking.
[Reply]
eDave 03:18 AM 09-04-2021
Making my move to tackle Iron, I moved to a new island, established a base, tagged my bed. On my final boat trip, loaded with portal ingredients, I find 2 Trolls smashing the fuck out of my new base. They smell my ass and come at me at a speed I've never seen. I dropped sail, went full starboard, and smashed me to a pulp before the sail dropped. I promptly respawn in my bed where I am promptly smashed to fuck by these fucking asshole Trolls because they saw me while they were assaulting my smelter.

These fuckers left nothing but the bed which is parked right into a concrete corner against a dug out cliff. So I think, I'll just destroy the bed each time I respawn and I'll respawn 100 miles away and take pause to grind metal to get back to where I keep getting my shit shoved back up my ass. ​

I can't even get out of the bed before I get my shit shoved up every single hole.

I just want to find a gap so I can run like hell, into a swamp or plain where I will promptly get my shit shoved it.

Valheim is a metaphor for life and I'm not sure if Valheim isn't hell.
[Reply]
eDave 03:06 PM 02-07-2022
Corporate HQ

[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up