ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>Marvel - Black Widow
Sure-Oz 08:41 AM 12-03-2019
New teaser

@MarvelStudios: "I’m done running from my past." Watch the new teaser trailer for Marvel Studios’ #BlackWidow. In theaters May 1, 2020.

https://youtu.be/RxAtuMu_ph4
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:55 AM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I loved it. I'll probably go see it once more in theaters. That first like 20 min I was thinking damn this is dark. Only gripe is I wanted more Taskmaster but thought it was great. I am very much looking forward to more Yelena.
The MCU has plans for Yelena she fought Natasha to a draw. I was thinking Nat's going to curb stomped this broad but alas she held her own
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 03:50 PM 07-21-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
The MCU has plans for Yelena she fought Natasha to a draw. I was thinking Nat's going to curb stomped this broad but alas she held her own
Yes, I love me some Yelena. I've read some comics in the past. Pugh knocked it out the park. I've only seen her in 'fighting with the family' and loved her in it. She will be in the MCU for a very long time. Can't wait to see her meet Barton in Hawkeye.
[Reply]
Fish 05:08 PM 07-21-2021
Had to look up Pugh. Smokeshow...

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:44 PM 07-21-2021
Just watched it. i thought it was really good. Enjoyed it much more than the other Marvel ‘girl power’ movie Capt Marvel.

It felt at times like a James Bond movie to me. Especially the final 3rd with the bad guys floating fortress.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:33 AM 07-22-2021
Paid the $30 to stream it and really enjoyed the movie sitting on the couch. Like Dane said, $30 is a steal when you gotta take 4+ people to a movie then you add on that you can rewatch it as much as you want. Hell of a deal.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:16 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Paid the $30 to stream it and really enjoyed the movie sitting on the couch. Like Dane said, $30 is a steal when you gotta take 4+ people to a movie then you add on that you can rewatch it as much as you want. Hell of a deal.
It was $12 for me in IMAX in the Midwest. Might go one more time. I had to atleast see it once in theaters even if by myself but totally understand it you're on the hook for multiple people to do this at home.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:33 PM 07-22-2021
It was $12 for me in IMAX in the Midwest. Might go one more time. I had to atleast see it once in theaters even if by myself but totally understand it you're on the hook for multiple people to do this at home.
Yea, if it was just me going, $30 would be too much - but I'd probably spend close to that even for just me. Ticket, popcorn, pop, and maybe candy.

But taking a family of 5 to see it I'm lucky to walk out of there without to spending $100.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:57 PM 07-22-2021
Wow, $12 bucks for IMAX????? That's awesome!

I saw Star Wars: Rogue One in IMAX and it was $32 per ticket.
[Reply]
Fish 01:10 PM 07-22-2021
I guess this show had a bit of a drop off in theater sales the second weekend. Worst ever theater drop off of any MCU movie...

Theater Owners Blame Black Widow's Box Office Collapse On Disney+

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:21 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Paid $23 last night me and my son. Then another $12 in food and $6 tip for servers and food runners.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:27 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
I guess this show had a bit of a drop off in theater sales the second weekend. Worst ever theater drop off of any MCU movie...
I think that's mostly due to COVID.

Marvel was waiting until California and New York were fully opened to release Black Widow but that window only lasted about a week here in LA, so it's not surprising that the numbers dropped.

If I was running Marvel/Disney, I'd be very, very concerned about Shang-Chi and the Legends of the 12 Rings way underperforming because now, we're required to wear masks indoors. I won't be surprised if another full lockdown goes into effect by September.

If that happens, Disney has a huge decision to make. Will they go ahead and open Ten Rings and Eternals or will they delay them again or even send them to Disney+?

Same goes with Spider-Man. If we're fully locked down over the holiday season, which is something I'm expecting due to the variants out there, it's difficult to see Sony releasing No Way Home, especially considering that they don't own their own streaming service.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:42 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I think that's mostly due to COVID.

Marvel was waiting until California and New York were fully opened to release Black Widow but that window only lasted about a week here in LA, so it's not surprising that the numbers dropped.

If I was running Marvel/Disney, I'd be very, very concerned about Shang-Chi and the Legends of the 12 Rings way underperforming because now, we're required to wear masks indoors. I won't be surprised if another full lockdown goes into effect by September.

If that happens, Disney has a huge decision to make. Will they go ahead and open Ten Rings and Eternals or will they delay them again or even send them to Disney+?

Same goes with Spider-Man. If we're fully locked down over the holiday season, which is something I'm expecting due to the variants out there, it's difficult to see Sony releasing No Way Home, especially considering that they don't own their own streaming service.
This would suck.

At least Audiences are proving that they will Absolutely show up for the big blockbuster movies again this summer.

Quiet Place II, F9 and Black Widow.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:09 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
This would suck.

At least Audiences are proving that they will Absolutely show up for the big blockbuster movies again this summer.

Quiet Place II, F9 and Black Widow.
Some people went to the theater but clearly not at the same rate as Pre-Pandemic.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:13 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Some people went to the theater but clearly not at the same rate as Pre-Pandemic.
Perhaps? I’m sure there’s a sizable portion who still haven’t gone back yet. I get it.

All I can tell you is that here in Texas theaters have been busy this summer. Especially on Friday and Saturday’s.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:27 PM 07-22-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Perhaps? I’m sure there’s a sizable portion who still haven’t gone back yet.
There's a massive amount of people that haven't gone to the theaters because otherwise, the numbers wouldn't fall off so quickly.

Marvel expected Black Widow to do at least $500 million in worldwide ticket sales and after nearly three weeks, it's barely at half that number.

Shang-Chi will probably bring out the Marvel die hards, just like Black Widow, but it was a tough sell pre-pandemic, so I have a hard time believing they'll get anywhere near what Black Widow has earned to date if masks and social distancing are required by the time it's released in September.

Restaurants are already closing down in Los Angeles due to the latest mask mandates and I won't be surprised to see movie theaters follow suit.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up