ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 70
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:14 AM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Great. They’re ripping off Star Trek IV AND First Contact. :-)
[Reply]
Bowser 10:39 AM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
They've got their very own "What If?" storyline now.

Bringing Q back just to basically tell a Mirror Universe story is disappointing as hell, at first glance. Q gives endless possibilities and they chose ANOTHER time travel vehicle. Fucking meh.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:41 AM 09-11-2021

[Reply]
Fish 10:48 AM 09-11-2021
Wow. That's... a lot....
[Reply]
Bowser 11:12 AM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Wow. That's... a lot....
FOR ME TO POOP ON

[Reply]
Frazod 11:40 AM 09-11-2021
Perhaps we'll get a punk rock version of Mr. Sandman when they first arrive in the back in the 21st century, just so they can throw some shade at Back to the Future as well.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:52 AM 09-11-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
My first impression as well. I'm probably one of the few here that liked the first season (wasn't great, but I love 7o9 and didn't hate it), but really not looking forward to season 2 after this trailer.
[Reply]
Mennonite 11:55 AM 09-11-2021
Star Trek sucks.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:54 PM 09-11-2021
Ugh. Maybe the Pike series will be good.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:44 AM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Ugh. Maybe the Pike series will be good.
That's pretty much the last hope for the franchise at this point. Sadly, the same fucksticks who have ruined everything else are behind it. They're so awful that they make Jar Jar Abrams look like Orson Welles.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:07 AM 09-12-2021
KURTZMAN

[Reply]
listopencil 01:02 PM 09-12-2021
I'm sorry, why the fuck would they continue to trust Scrunchyface Murdergirl? And now they're going to have her hang out with a Borg queen? I guess it's good that this series doesn't have any real continuity. I'll still watch because Geriatric Nazi Picard sounds fun and the actor who plays Q is pretty good.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:37 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Star Trek sucks.
Same.

It does make me want to go back and watch each of the films again. Take it all in and grade it with some time gone by...
[Reply]
Bowser 01:38 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I'm sorry, why the fuck would they continue to trust Scrunchyface Murdergirl? And now they're going to have her hang out with a Borg queen? I guess it's good that this series doesn't have any real continuity. I'll still watch because Geriatric Nazi Picard sounds fun and the actor who plays Q is pretty good.
You and I are pretty much like minded on this issue/show.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:57 PM 09-12-2021
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Scrunchyface Murdergirl :-)

Yeah, she's definitely the Jar Jar/Stammets of this show. They should have spaced her ass.
[Reply]
Page 34 of 70
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up