ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Media Center>Top Gun 2
thabear04 11:07 PM 05-24-2017
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...2-is-happening

On my phone can't post the video up of Tom saying it.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:18 PM 05-26-2017
Top Gun made me want to join the Air Force.

"What do you wanna be when you grow up?"

"A fighter pilot!"

'nuff said.
[Reply]
eDave 04:23 PM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

"A fighter pilot!"

'nuff said.
Great PR for a Navy film.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:42 PM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Tom Cruises half-asses exactly nothing. I think he's weird as shit but he's also my favorite actor to watch because he's balls to the walls every minute the camera is rolling. He will not let this suck. I refuse to believe it.
Absolutely agree 100%. Tom Cruise is not only the biggest actor in the entire world, he's a phenomenal producer and chooses all of his roles wisely.

That said, I do think the only way this film works is if it's a different film from the original, e.g., no shirtless volleyball games, no hotshot hooking up with the military adviser, etc.

It needs to be its own self-contained film and I would imagine that's the direction the film will go, as a "remake" or "re-imaging" would disappoint.

But it'll be next to impossible to top the original.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:48 PM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

"A fighter pilot!"

'nuff said.
You realize they were in the Navy, right?
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:55 PM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You realize they were in the Navy, right?
Not when i was 5 years old i didn't.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:02 PM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Seriously - is this movie 60% as good without the opening setup? Screaming jets, chaos on the flight deck, slow top gun theme transitioning into the frenetic organ and power chords....

....I just came a little. Sorry.

And yes, each and every single surround sound system I have ever purchased/installed has necessitated that I buy the newest version of Top Gun to blast the shit out of and give the system a proper test drive. I have the damn song on my phone to try out car stereos on test drives.

That is the ultimate go-fast, adrenaline fueled anthem...
Hell, that movie even made Cheap Trick a little bit of a testosterone pumping band for a minute or three back in the day...

[Reply]
mdstu 07:51 PM 05-26-2017

I'm getting excited
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:15 PM 05-26-2017
The extras dvd is great with tons of info on top gun. WE NEED A SPORTS MOVIE WITH JETS>
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:16 PM 05-26-2017
a 6 skylark looking like a 5 dressed to look like a passable 7 or 8 at prom.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:21 PM 05-26-2017
When I was a kid I would put my hands over my mouth like the oxygen mask. I would use a coffee table for the aircraft carrier. Of course my battles included Maverick, Goose, Chappy, and Doug Masters from Iron Eagle. String from Airwolf and the screaming mimi from Riptide. Blue Thunder got shot down in the pilot episode (pun intended)
[Reply]
beach tribe 08:30 PM 05-26-2017

[Reply]
Frazod 08:45 PM 05-26-2017
I love Mighty Wings. Best song from the movie, IMO, and one of my favorite songs. I have it on one of my playlists and listen to it often.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:54 PM 05-26-2017
Playing, playing with the Boys.....
[Reply]
Frazod 09:05 PM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I love Mighty Wings. Best song from the movie, IMO, and one of my favorite songs. I have it on one of my playlists and listen to it often.
It occurred to me that I never saw a video of Mighty Wings, or remember hearing Cheap Trick perform it live, even though I've seen them in concert four times. From Wikipedia:

The Top Gun soundtrack peaked at #1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart. The first single, "Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins, peaked at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100, the second single, "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin at #1, and the third single, "Heaven in Your Eyes" by Loverboy at #12.[1] "Mighty Wings" was chosen to continue the soundtrack's commercial success; however, the single failed to chart, and no other singles were released from the album. Unlike the previous singles, "Mighty Wings" was not accompanied by a music video.

The song's lyrics, as the title suggests, are inspired by the film's aviation theme.

Cheap Trick have never performed "Mighty Wings" live, and it has never appeared on any of the band's albums.

During an interview by MTV's Alan Hunter with guitarist Rick Nielsen and vocalist Robin Zander, from Spring Break in Daytona, Nielsen mentioned "Mighty Wings", stating "We just finished a song in the studio last night with Harold Faltermeyer, recording a song for his movie called "Top Gun" which has Tom Cruise in it, and so the song we did was called "Mighty Wings". We didn't write it but we did it, and it sounds pretty cool. That's coming out this summer."

I wonder why they never performed it live. It's as good as anything else they ever did.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:30 PM 05-26-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Playing, playing with the Boys.....
I feel the need, the need for peen.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 12
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up