ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2082 of 2687
« First < 1082158219822032207220782079208020812082 20832084208520862092213221822582 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:46 AM 09-18-2021
IMO, the best single play of Mahomes’s career was the 4th and 9 conversion against Baltimore.

If he doesn’t make that play, the game is over. Most of his other great plays weren’t necessarily “life or death”. That play also fell apart immediately and the game had major seeding consequences.

That play still doesn’t seem real. Such a perfect pass that no other QB can make in a clutch situation.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:12 PM 09-18-2021
Bucs Defense Chiefs O-Line
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 12:24 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Bucs Defense Chiefs O-Line
And nonsensical play calling by AR/EB.

I still don't understand why they didn't adjust when it became obvious that we could not block anyone. Yet, they continued to call plays that required Mahomes to hold the ball longer than possible.

I know, new season, etc. but Andy Reid is supposed to be an offensive genius, and it still pisses me off.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 01:14 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
That run against the Titans in the 2019 AFCCG. My God.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:18 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
IMO, the best single play of Mahomes’s career was the 4th and 9 conversion against Baltimore.

If he doesn’t make that play, the game is over. Most of his other great plays weren’t necessarily “life or death”. That play also fell apart immediately and the game had major seeding consequences.

That play still doesn’t seem real. Such a perfect pass that no other QB can make in a clutch situation.
More than Wasp? You high??
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:26 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
More than Wasp? You high??
Wasp was incredible and obviously my second place choice.

Here’s the difference to me.

1. Wasp came with around 7 minutes left in the game on a third down. Our chances of winning dramatically decrease if Mahomes doesn’t make that play, but it’s still possible. There was 1:30 left when Mahomes converted the 4th and 9. That game is absolutely over if we don’t connect.

2. Other QBs can make the throw that Mahomes made on Wasp. It probably isn’t a top 10 Mahomes throw if that happens in the first half. I’m not sure any other QB (except Rodgers) can make that 4th and 9 throw. It’s a top play no matter the situation. Dropped in beautifully between 4 Ravens. Just crazy stuff.

There’s no wrong choice here, but the 4th and 9 takes it for me.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:31 PM 09-18-2021
I agree it's close.

But when you add the fact that Mahomes had the presence of mind to basically call WASP himself, while in the middle of his worst game ever in the biggest game of his career, then went out and gave specific coaching to Sammy and Tyreek to make the play succeed, and finally executed the throw while staying out of harm's way - WASP wins for me.

Compare that to Josh Allen's 1000-yard stare after his ill-advised unnecessary pitch in the playoff game vs. Houston.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 01:36 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Wasp was incredible and obviously my second place choice.

Here’s the difference to me.

1. Wasp came with around 7 minutes left in the game on a third down. Our chances of winning dramatically decrease if Mahomes doesn’t make that play, but it’s still possible. There was 1:30 left when Mahomes converted the 4th and 9. That game is absolutely over if we don’t connect.

2. Other QBs can make the throw that Mahomes made on Wasp. It probably isn’t a top 10 Mahomes throw if that happens in the first half. I’m not sure any other QB (except Rodgers) can make that 4th and 9 throw. It’s a top play no matter the situation. Dropped in beautifully between 4 Ravens. Just crazy stuff.

There’s no wrong choice here, but the 4th and 9 takes it for me.
I totally understand that. Both plays are my 1&2, but Wasp is 1 just because the stakes were the highest, SB at stake and that was the dagger that deflated their defense that had held him in check for most of the game. That throw broke them, and they knew that the same thing all the other teams we faced in the playoffs was about to happen to them. But 4th and 9 is def my second favorite.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:37 PM 09-18-2021
It’s just amazing how he has transformed our team.
We know that we have the guy who will pretty much always come through in a clutch situation.
It’s unbelievable
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:57 PM 09-18-2021
I totally understand that. Both plays are my 1&2, but Wasp is 1 just because the stakes were the highest, SB at stake and that was the dagger that deflated their defense that had held him in check for most of the game. That throw broke them, and they knew that the same thing all the other teams we faced in the playoffs was about to happen to them. But 4th and 9 is def my second favorite.
Either would be a career play for 99% of QBs. Crazy that we’re debating these in year 5.

It’s almost hard to keep track of all the great plays. Good problem to have.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:00 PM 09-18-2021
Because WASP happened when down by two scores I think having 7 minutes left is about equivalent to the play against Baltimore since we were down by one score there.

I'll agree the Baltimore play elevated Patrick to the presumptive MVP favorite in the sports world because he A. put the team on his shoulders with 90 seconds left, B. made a play that likely only he could make and, C. led his team to an unbelievable comeback win in overtime and elevated the Chiefs to be the team to beat in the AFC.

But, it's still gotta be WASP for me. He was getting obliterated throughout that game against the 49ers and kept firing. Legendary stuff right there.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 02:01 PM 09-18-2021
I was at the liquor store today. The guy in front of me had a Bills 🤮 hat on. I said. “ Bills huh?”. He looked at my Chiefs hat, and didn’t say anything. That’s where we are with fans of the team we beat in the AFCCG. Feels good TBH.
I stood to let a browns fan pass by me at the stadium last Sunday. He looked at my shoes and said, “hey, nice shoes”.

I look to see he’s wearing the same shoes, I look at his uniform browns jersey and say, “and of course, now I have to burn them”

Then Patrick went off and the chiefs came back so I didn’t burn them
[Reply]
TwistedChief 02:34 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
TwistedChief at 7:02!
A pretty good representation of how I was feeling at that very moment looking at the scoreboard.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:56 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
And nonsensical play calling by AR/EB.

I still don't understand why they didn't adjust when it became obvious that we could not block anyone. Yet, they continued to call plays that required Mahomes to hold the ball longer than possible.

I know, new season, etc. but Andy Reid is supposed to be an offensive genius, and it still pisses me off.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
I think the Britt situation didn't help.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:10 PM 09-18-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
I think the Britt situation didn't help.
So much this. Even seeing the team waiting in the tunnel before the game, they all looked preoccupied. Bucs had the perfect storm and capitalized.
[Reply]
Page 2082 of 2687
« First < 1082158219822032207220782079208020812082 20832084208520862092213221822582 > Last »
Up