ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Media Center>Netflix: Iron Fist
keg in kc 04:06 PM 07-22-2016
In the defenders thread, but it'll need its own space too I figure...

How can all these different shows look so good?!?
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:37 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I just don't get the hate for the show. It's fairly slow without a lot of the excellent fight scenes of DD, but... I've enjoyed it through Episode 6.
not a lot of hate, more so disappointment :-)
[Reply]
kc rush 09:06 PM 03-27-2017
I struggled to get through this. I don't know if it was the writing, the actor or both, but Danny Rand sucked. The Meachem men were interesting and the guy who played Ward did a good job. Other than that, Coleen's ass was the only other redeeming quality.
[Reply]
kepp 03:00 PM 03-28-2017
So I think the fighting is going downhill after episode 6 or so. Its getting a very amateur feel to it.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:37 PM 03-31-2017
I can't say it any better than this...

This is pretty much what i think...
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:58 PM 03-31-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I can't say it any better than this...This is pretty much what i think...
Once the complaints start with the "Racist!" bullshit, I start wanting to defend the show.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:14 PM 03-31-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Once the complaints start with the "Racist!" bullshit, I start wanting to defend the show.
You clearly didn't watch the vids...
[Reply]
Rausch 02:15 PM 03-31-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Or perhaps you did and i just didn't understand you.
[Reply]
Pueblo Chieftan 05:16 PM 03-31-2017
Sorry if a little spoilery so be forewarned...

I watched all 13 episodes. While there's a bit of character development (mostly from Ward) and ONE interesting bit of plot (a cool twist that I genuinely didn't see coming), the dialogue and fight choreography never improves and the character decisions are just as bizarre
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:25 PM 04-05-2017
So yeah. It's not as good but still worth a watch.

The deal is that Daredevil exists. If Daredevil hadn't happened people would probably love it. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are far different. Daredevil is too close and is just better. Especially the fight scenes. And since they're both martial arts flicks it's hard to not subconsciously compare them.

Coleen Wing was good.

Ward and Joy were good. Harold was meh.

The Davos scenes were good.

Baccudo was bad. All around.

The fight scenes were bad but got better. Coleen and the crazy sword bitch was probably the best. Davos and Danny was probably next.

Danny's caharacter arc I thought was pretty good. They muffed the explanation of who he is and why he is the way he is. But looking back the difference between how happy he was initially and how angry he was at the end was pronounced. Plus his conflict with leaving Kun-Lun and getting with Coleen were well done.

It was pretty good but someone should have put a kibosh on rolling it out and made them reshoot every fight scene. He's supposed to be better than Daredevil and what they put out was bad. But overall it is a decent watch.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 07:55 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So yeah. It's not as good but still worth a watch.

The deal is that Daredevil exists. If Daredevil hadn't happened people would probably love it. Jessica Jones and Luke Cage are far different. Daredevil is too close and is just better. Especially the fight scenes. And since they're both martial arts flicks it's hard to not subconsciously compare them.

Coleen Wing was good.

Ward and Joy were good. Harold was meh.

The Davos scenes were good.

Baccudo was bad. All around.

The fight scenes were bad but got better. Coleen and the crazy sword bitch was probably the best. Davos and Danny was probably next.

Danny's caharacter arc I thought was pretty good. They muffed the explanation of who he is and why he is the way he is. But looking back the difference between how happy he was initially and how angry he was at the end was pronounced. Plus his conflict with leaving Kun-Lun and getting with Coleen were well done.

It was pretty good but someone should have put a kibosh on rolling it out and made them reshoot every fight scene. He's supposed to be better than Daredevil and what they put out was bad. But overall it is a decent watch.
It should of been different. Daredevil is supposed to be a dark and gritty take on your traditional kung fu show where as Iron Fist leans more towards wholly wuxia with Danny being clearly superhuman.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:12 PM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
It should of been different. Daredevil is supposed to be a dark and gritty take on your traditional kung fu show where as Iron Fist leans more towards wholly wuxia with Danny being clearly superhuman.
And much less spoiled brat.

And I disagree with the fight scenes getting better. They got worse as the episodes dragged on. It felt like work trying to get through the last half of the season. The only reason I finished (and by finished I mean ran in the background while doing more pleasant activities, like house cleaning), was because I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything when Defenders rolled around.

And again I have to repeat how funny it is, at least to me, that the girl (Coleen) from the trailers with the "oh so obviously fake fight scenes" is the one that everybody thinks actually had the best fight scenes in the show. That should tell you just how bad the Iron Fist fight scenes were.
[Reply]
007 11:54 AM 04-07-2017
2 episodes in. I'm hooked.
[Reply]
SAGA45 12:19 AM 04-10-2017
The guy playing Ward Meachem did some really powerful acting in this series. He reminds me a lot of the guy from Jeeper Creepers...the brother.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:48 AM 04-10-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
2 episodes in. I'm hooked.
give it time :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:58 AM 07-23-2017
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/iron-f...new-showrunner

Saturday at Comic-Con during the Defenders panel saw Marvel TV announce Iron Fist will get a Season 2 and have a new showrunner.

Raven Metzner, know for Fox’s Sleepy Hollow, is now on board as executive producer and showrunner.

Metzner replaces Scott Buck who was the showrunner of the fist season of Iron Fist, as Buck went on to do the Inhumans series.

I was just having a conversation about the series with a friend last night, and we both hope they don't rush the second season and get some training for Finn Jones. It wasn't Finn Jones' fault that the fight choreography was so bad. He literally only trained for like 15 minutes prior to filming. My friend also happened to take Kung Fu his whole life and even said the Kata stances were terrible.

Iron Fist is currently the worst rated Marvel property at Rotten Tomatoes at around 17%, so let's hope things improve.

Marvel’s Iron Fist follows the journey of Danny Rand as he fulfills his destiny as the Immortal Weapon. Iron Fist teams up with Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage in Marvel’s The Defenders, only on Netflix August 18.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 10
« First < 34567 8910 >
Up