ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 172
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
sully1983 09:10 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
i understand my question was quite vague, but was deliberate. i am more perplexed at the fact all new shows just seem to be shit.

i just feel like every note on the guitar has been played to the point that anything going forward is just ripping off others of the past.
I hear ya. There is just so much bland boring crap out there.
Have you seen Mr. Robot by any chance? It stars Rami Malek and Christian Slater. It was a popular show on USA Network that premiered in 2015 about a computer hacker with lots of problems and gets into tons of trouble with the wrong people. I thought it was really well done & pretty "out there". It has 4 seasons. I'm pretty sure Season 1 is on Amazon Prime to stream these days.
[Reply]
HemiEd 10:24 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I dont even know where to begin? Have you seen the following:

Breaking Bad
The Wire
Succession
Justified
Rectify
Mad Men
The Boys
Curb your Enthusiasm
Always Sunny in Philadelphia
The Americans
Catastrophe
Good list but I might add:
Shameless
Ozark
Bosch
Better call Saul
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:31 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Good list but I might add:
Shameless
Ozark
Bosch
Better call Saul
You're a Shameless guy? I didn't take you for a Shameless guy.

Don't get me wrong, there are a TON of tits. I am a fan of tits. That is public record, but I made it through like 3 seasons, and I just....couldn't. I'm a cold hearted son of a bitch, but even I have limits of how much... I don't know.... losing, maybe, one story can tell. No redemption, very little character moments that aren't ruined by fuckery, and generally, no fucking happiness.

I dunno. Maybe I missed it.

Your other entries though, first class. I'm a total schlub for Bosch - I'm bordering on groupie.
[Reply]
Nickhead 10:37 PM 08-16-2021
Originally Posted by sully1983:
I hear ya. There is just so much bland boring crap out there.
Have you seen Mr. Robot by any chance? It stars Rami Malek and Christian Slater. It was a popular show on USA Network that premiered in 2015 about a computer hacker with lots of problems and gets into tons of trouble with the wrong people. I thought it was really well done & pretty "out there". It has 4 seasons. I'm pretty sure Season 1 is on Amazon Prime to stream these days.
i watched most if not all of the first two seasons, but availability became an issue over time
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 09:39 AM 08-17-2021
I've been watching Brand New Cherry Flavor on Netflix. It's pretty good but is also really weird.
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:46 AM 08-17-2021
I've watched a couple episodes of Heist on Netflix. Its a docuseries on unique crimes that have been committed.

The Bourbon King was especially interesting to me as I hadn't heard that story. Guy(s) basically steals a bunch of high valued Pappy Van Winkle bottles and full barrels of other bourbons to impress his softball buddies and feel like "the guy". It of course gets national attention and goes sideways on him.
[Reply]
HemiEd 01:32 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You're a Shameless guy? I didn't take you for a Shameless guy.

Don't get me wrong, there are a TON of tits. I am a fan of tits. That is public record, but I made it through like 3 seasons, and I just....couldn't. I'm a cold hearted son of a bitch, but even I have limits of how much... I don't know.... losing, maybe, one story can tell. No redemption, very little character moments that aren't ruined by ****ery, and generally, no ****ing happiness.

I dunno. Maybe I missed it.

Your other entries though, first class. I'm a total schlub for Bosch - I'm bordering on groupie.
It was like the second or third series I watched on Netflix. It kept me interested, kind of like watching a train wreck. Half the time I was blushing and then other times I was laughing my ass off. The utter lack of class is so shocking to most of us but probably reality for some.

My options are limited since I don't like sci fi,horror or zombie shows. Yeah Bosch is great and I watched another series recently where he had a minor role.

I just watched Ozark three seasons all again. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:48 PM 08-17-2021
It was like the second or third series I watched on Netflix. It kept me interested, kind of like watching a train wreck. Half the time I was blushing and then other times I was laughing my ass off. The utter lack of class is so shocking to most of us but probably reality for some.

My options are limited since I don't like sci fi,horror or zombie shows. Yeah Bosch is great and I watched another series recently where he had a minor role.

I just watched Ozark three seasons all again. :-)
Right on.

You might give hit and run a look. Kind of a spy thriller kind of thing.
[Reply]
rydogg58 06:37 PM 08-17-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Been meaning to ask this, but everyone knows that's Uncle Rico, right?
I didn't until my wife pointed it out to me. After that, every time I saw him I just kept picturing him throwing a steak at Napoleon.
[Reply]
Danguardace 06:46 PM 08-17-2021
Giri/Haji

I loved this one of the best series I've watched should find it on Netflix

Other I liked are

The Informer

Mr Robot

Invincible

Tales from the Loop

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 03:32 PM 08-18-2021
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
I've been watching Brand New Cherry Flavor on Netflix. It's pretty good but is also really weird.
This. We started it last night. 4 episodes in, really like it but it’s def weird. But keeps you enthralled. Looking forward to seeing how it ends.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08-23-2021, 01:01 PM
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
Buehler445 03:15 PM 08-23-2021
I really appreciate the recommendation! Searched on Netflix, Amazon etc for HOT and run, no luck. But Hit and run looks like it might be a good one. :-)
Fucking autocorrect!

I saw it a few days later and fixed it, unless it autocorrected back to Hot. :-) :-)

EDIT: It DID!

I fixed it on the computer. Grumble.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:40 PM 08-27-2021
I am watching 'Kevin can F*** himself. It's got the daughter from Schitt's Creek in it as the main character, anyone else watched? It's a weird format. One minute she' s a sitcom wife, but when out of character, the dark side of her life surfaces.

it's not bad, but I cannot get over how all the 'sitcom' males are nothing but a bunch of real life Peter Griffins'.
[Reply]
Miles 08:09 PM 08-28-2021
Watched a recently added Netflix show, The Defeated, and really enjoyed it. It’s set in post WWII occupied Berlin about a NYC detective that goes over there to help out with all of the crime.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:12 PM 08-28-2021
Originally Posted by Miles:
Watched a recently added Netflix show, The Defeated, and really enjoyed it. It’s set in post WWII occupied Berlin about a NYC detective that goes over there to help out with all of the crime.
That one looks interesting. I'll check it out.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 172
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134 > Last »
Up