ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 57
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Media Center>Dexter (Showtime)
ChiefsFan4Life 10:38 PM 10-20-2006
Anyone watch this show?

I was bored and watched all three episodes that have been aired so far on OnDemand. I actually think the show is pretty damn good so far, I like the character a lot.
[Reply]
noa 07:16 PM 01-13-2008
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Ha, that was awesome :-)
[Reply]
Ultra Peanut 08:02 PM 01-13-2008
Speaking of cable filler on network TV for the duration of the strike, I'm happy that NBC's apparently going to give Psych and Burn Notice a bigger stage than USA for a bit. Those are fun shows that require next to no editing.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:07 PM 01-13-2008
Ironically USA just canned both The 4400 and The Dead Zone. Guess we won't be seeing those on the network.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:07 PM 01-13-2008
Maybe we can talk ABC into running The Wire.
[Reply]
Ultra Peanut 08:16 PM 01-13-2008
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Maybe we can talk ABC into running The Wire.
Ha, I was actually going to amend my post and say that somebody needs to air The Wire.

Fun fact: The Wire is one of Barack Obama's favorite TV shows.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan4Life 09:06 PM 01-13-2008
LOL! Nice
[Reply]
keg in kc 01-14-2008, 05:24 PM
This message has been deleted by keg in kc. Reason: Weird double
keg in kc 05:25 PM 01-14-2008
Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut:
Ha, I was actually going to amend my post and say that somebody needs to air The Wire.
I'd say it's the best show HBO has produced to date, but hardly anybody has watched it.

I don't think that it could be edited for prime-time, though.
[Reply]
Ultra Peanut 05:31 PM 01-14-2008
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeit, it's amazing.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:38 PM 01-14-2008
This ain't Aruba, bitch.

McNutty really is McNutty, now.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:57 PM 03-13-2008
Question for you Dexter geeks -

How much has CBS tamed down the show? My wife has gotten into it, but she's not sure she can handle to unabridged version, on account of her being a wuss.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:53 PM 03-13-2008
Originally Posted by Bowser:

How much has CBS tamed down the show? My wife has gotten into it, but she's not sure she can handle to unabridged version, on account of her being a wuss.
I haven't seen it on CBS, but here is James Doakes, uncut:

[Reply]
BigRock 05:44 PM 03-13-2008

I haven't seen it on CBS either, but considering the subject matter, the show isn't really that violent or gory. There's a few moments I can recall that might make a wuss squeamish, but it's not like you see him cutting into people all the time.

The main thing is the bad words. I find it hard to believe that Dexter's sister gets any lines on the CBS version, since every other word she says is usually a curse.
[Reply]
Miles 06:18 PM 03-13-2008

I caught one of the episodes and removing the foul language from characters like Doakes or his sister really hurts the show. Doakes can be pretty damn funny but most of his good lines are probably removed.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:18 PM 03-13-2008
Originally Posted by Miles:
I caught one of the episodes and removing the foul language from characters like Doakes or his sister really hurts the show. Doakes can be pretty damn funny but most of his good lines are probably removed.
Doakes is one of the five funniest characters in TV history...F*ck you!
[Reply]
Bowser 08:25 PM 03-13-2008
I haven't seen it on CBS, but here is James Doakes, uncut:

:-)

Yeah, he doesn't get a ton of facetime on CBS, but the sister does. Obviously, I'm going to have to subscribe to Showtime, or just buy the DVD's.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 57
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up