ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Mad God...
unlurking 08:08 AM 09-04-2021
This looks fun...

[Reply]
Cheater5 08:19 AM 09-04-2021
Looks like a two hour nightmare inducing Tool video.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:30 AM 09-04-2021
This has been out for a while...I actually own it.

It's an amazing work of art...and one of the darkest visual things you will ever witness.

The version I have is 30 minutes...they say "it's finally finished"...so maybe full-length release now.

When people say "nightmare fuel".....THIS is nightmare fuel.
[Reply]
Mennonite 10:51 AM 09-04-2021
I assume you are all familiar with the Quay Brothers, right? If not, and you dig this kind of thing, you might want to check out some of their stuff.
[Reply]
BlackOp 08:35 PM 09-04-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I assume you are all familiar with the Quay Brothers, right? If not, and you dig this kind of thing, you might want to check out some of their stuff.
They are the precursor to this...amazing in their own right but Mad God is on an entirely different aesthetic level.

Mad God is the closest visual representation to a living hell ever made....
[Reply]
unlurking 07:27 AM 09-05-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
This has been out for a while...I actually own it.

It's an amazing work of art...and one of the darkest visual things you will ever witness.

The version I have is 30 minutes...they say "it's finally finished"...so maybe full-length release now.

When people say "nightmare fuel".....THIS is nightmare fuel.
They apparently stopped distribution, so no "legal" means for a acquiring the movie that I can find yet. Will have to watch for it. It's now 83 minutes according to IMDB.

https://www.madgodmovie.com/madgod-about

Originally Posted by :
Starting in August, 2021 - MAD GOD debuts as a Feature Film, combining the earlier chapters and adding 30+ additional minutes of content to fulfill Phil Tippett's 30-year vision.

At this time, DVD sales and Online Distribution of the "chapters" has been suspended. When a theatrical and digital distribution partner have been decided, we will announce news of where you can see or own MAD GOD on a movie screen, BluRay DVD, or digital streaming platform.

[Reply]
underEJ 12:12 PM 09-07-2021
I'm so glad this is getting some notice! I have the kickstarter early chapters and some very cool rewards from the campaigns. I actually have one of the shit man animation puppets. I worked on visual effects at Phil's studio for 7 years. There is no more genuine creative soul than him.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:50 AM 09-08-2021
Originally Posted by underEJ:
I'm so glad this is getting some notice! I have the kickstarter early chapters and some very cool rewards from the campaigns. I actually have one of the shit man animation puppets. I worked on visual effects at Phil's studio for 7 years. There is no more genuine creative soul than him.
That's ****ing cool...props.

Such an impressive work...the ending with the black (wont ruin it) was actually exactly what I expected....kind of knew where it was headed...haha. The visual interpretation of that force was excellent...and my favorite part.

It reminded me, in tone, of some Joel Peter-Witkin stuff....

Since you worked directly with him...who did he respect? I'm always fascinated with master artists...and their process.
[Reply]
underEJ 12:26 PM 09-08-2021
The biggest visual influence around that time that I remember was author/painter Wayne Barlowe, especially his alien landscapes and creatures.
[Reply]
underEJ 02:08 PM 06-07-2022
For anyone in Kansas City, this is screening at Screenland Armour on June 17th. It will also stream on Shudder soon. Check it out!

Mark Maron had him on his podcast this week. Great conversation about the process and the artist himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9B0FAvJmyQ
[Reply]
Up