ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 138
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:00 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd rather have Clowney than Dunlap. He's the perfect SDE for this defense and I won't be told differently.
He's great against the run too. Clark, Jones and Clowney would be a great trio for our D-line. Are teams really gonna be brave enough to leave Clowney one on one? Lol.
[Reply]
-King- 12:03 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
As the #1 TE in the offense.....yeah. He wasn’t doing that shit here.
Ok, cut those numbers in half. You know what, cut them down by 75% and they're still better than Bell.

For one year I'll take the much more talented "over the hill" guy. At least Kelce can get a breather here and there with cook in the lineup. And at least when teams do double him and Hill, Cook is a reliable pass catcher on the other side.

Whatever though, we need to knock the WR2 position out the park now. Either Juju or a trade or a high pick in the draft.
[Reply]
-King- 12:03 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
He's great against the run too. Clark, Jones and Clowney would be a great trio for our D-line. Are teams really gonna be brave enough to leave Clowney one on one? Lol.
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 12:04 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Ok, cut those numbers in half. You know what, cut them down by 75% and they're still better than Bell.

For one year I'll take the much more talented "over the hill" guy. At least Kelce can get a breather here and there with cook in the lineup. And at least when teams do double him and Hill, Cook is a reliable pass catcher on the other side.

Whatever though, we need to knock the WR2 position out the park now. Either Juju or a trade or a high pick in the draft.
Jared Cook wasn’t going to sign to play backup TE for backup TE money when he can be a starter and potentially get starter money.

JFC you’re absolutely clueless.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:06 PM 03-18-2021
:-) :-) :-)
Ok Cook stan :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:08 PM 03-18-2021
Are teams really gonna be brave enough to leave Clowney one on one? Lol.
Why would they when they can just leave Clark 1v1 as they did most of last season.
[Reply]
-King- 12:10 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Jared Cook wasn’t going to sign to play backup TE for backup TE money when he can be a starter and potentially get starter money.

JFC you’re absolutely clueless.
You're right. No way we could have matched what the chargers gave him in order to persuade him to come to us. I mean a whopping 1 year 6 mil? Crazy money!
[Reply]
-King- 12:10 PM 03-18-2021
Ok Cook stan :-)
Jared Cook had as many sacks as Clowney last season.
[Reply]
-King- 12:11 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Why would they when they can just leave Clark 1v1 as they did most of last season.
:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 12:13 PM 03-18-2021
You're right. No way we could have matched what the chargers gave him in order to persuade him to come to us. I mean a whopping 1 year 6 mil? Crazy money!
That’s still not backup TE money you dumb fuck. Especially for a team that doesn’t use 12 personnel often.

You’re also ignoring the part that he likely wants to continue to be a starter or at least have an opportunity to start.

Every time you try to talk football it becomes more obvious that you don’t have the slightest fucking clue what you’re talking about.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:14 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He was still getting doubled..so cut the bs please. Also it's about having another guy who can create pressure and at least get six to eight sacks along with the sacks Clark and Jones get..Clowney's ability against the run would also be very important.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:17 PM 03-18-2021
Jared Cook had as many sacks as Clowney last season.
Clowney was injured last year dummy...which is why we could hopefully get him on a cheap deal :-) .
[Reply]
-King- 12:19 PM 03-18-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
That’s still not backup TE money you dumb fuck.

You’re also ignoring the fact that he likely wants to continue to be a starter and get an opportunity to start.
I know it's not backup TE money. Cook would be more than a "backup" for us.

Keizer and Yelder played 496 snaps last year

Cook played 466 in New Orleans

Stop acting like he would get a bunch less snaps playing here. He would get as many or maybe even more snaps and he'd still be a legitimate weapon especially in the red zone.
[Reply]
-King- 12:22 PM 03-18-2021
Clowney was injured last year dummy...which is why we could hopefully get him on a cheap deal :-) .
He played enough games to have more sacks than a tight end...
[Reply]
staylor26 12:30 PM 03-18-2021
I know it's not backup TE money. Cook would be more than a "backup" for us.

Keizer and Yelder played 496 snaps last year

Cook played 466 in New Orleans

Stop acting like he would get a bunch less snaps playing here. He would get as many or maybe even more snaps and he'd still be a legitimate weapon especially in the red zone.
It’s not about snap counts dumbass. It’s about targets. Cook is a receiving TE. He wants targets when he IS on the field. Not blocking assignments.

The Chiefs ask their TE2 to block more than anything. He’s not going to see anywhere near the same amount of targets as a TE2 in this offense.

Cook had 60 targets last year.

Keizer and Yelder combined for 20 in an offense that throws the ball more.

Cook is obviously going to see more targets as the #1 receiving TE in the Chargers offense as opposed to TE2 behind Kelce. Are you seriously arguing that he’s not?

The Chiefs don’t use 12 personnel enough to expect them to sign a guy like Cook that is basically a big WR. It’s really simple, but of course your dumbass makes it difficult.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 138
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up