ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>So...I finally watched Waterworld this weekend
L.A. Chieffan 03:58 PM 03-07-2012
postman was cool, the problem with costner at least that period of costner movies, is theyre all basically the same and waaaaay too long
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:59 PM 03-07-2012
WTF does this have to do with Peyton Manning?

Mods, DELETE pls.

k thx.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:01 PM 03-07-2012
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
WTF does this have to do with Peyton Manning?

Mods, DELETE pls.

k thx.
Au contraire, Costner reminds me of Manning, and Waterworld is a representation of Chiefs fans after he signs elsewhere, and we drown in our tears.

Proof that Costner was in fact ahead of his time.
[Reply]
bevischief 04:01 PM 03-07-2012
I hate both Water World and the Postman I haven't yet been able to make it all the way thru it yet.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:02 PM 03-07-2012
I've seen the Postman, but it's been years. Nothing from the movie stuck with me except he's a mailman on a horse after the world ends. Or something.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 04:03 PM 03-07-2012
When it was made it has the biggest budget of any movie in history.

It bombed at the box office.

Waterworld is a commercial failure of the biggest nature. It's a bad movie, but it's far from the worst ever. I think a studio went under because of it.

People here seem to be focusing on the critical aspect of how it was received. That's not why the movie is famous for being bad at all.

Also, don't say it isn't bad. I've had this argument... the movie has more obvious plot holes than any film I've ever seen.
[Reply]
Frosty 04:11 PM 03-07-2012
The Postman was filmed not far from where we live. We went to the town while they were filming. It was pretty neat seeing the log wall around the town as you cross the bridge going into town. We ate bagels at a coffee shop and watched them filming a scene on the main street (no major stars were there at the time, IIRC). The whole experience was much better than the movie.

The only thing I remember about Waterworld was that chick's ass on the boat.

Oh, and exploding jet skis.
[Reply]
Fish 04:13 PM 03-07-2012
I thought the criticism of Waterworld was mainly because of the crazy huge budget.

I thought it was mildly entertaining.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:14 PM 03-07-2012
The chick f*cks a fish....
[Reply]
Bewbies 04:16 PM 03-07-2012
I liked Waterworld, haven't seen the Postman but would like to.
[Reply]
Ultra Peanut 04:16 PM 03-07-2012
For some reason I can't not watch The Postman for a few minutes if I stumble upon it on cable. It's weirdly appealing if unbelievably cheesy, though I've never seen more than ten minutes of it at a time.

PLUS O-DOG IS IN IT. AND K-UGER.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 04:20 PM 03-07-2012
Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut:
For some reason I can't not watch The Postman for a few minutes if I stumble upon it on cable. It's weirdly appealing if unbelievably cheesy, though I've never seen more than ten minutes of it at a time.

PLUS O-DOG IS IN IT. AND K-UGER.
what chu say about my mama?
[Reply]
Elwaysux 05:25 PM 03-07-2012
I liked Waterworld. Everytime someone says paper around my daughter she has to respond "paaaaper".
[Reply]
notorious 04:19 PM 03-07-2012
Waterworld provided us with a couple of good lines.

"He's like a turd that won't flush"

"It does look like shit, and it feels like cold shit."

"Oh Golly Gee, a single tear rolls down my cheek."
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 04:23 PM 03-07-2012
it's not terrible, it just got blasted because it ended up going 200 million over budget or something crazy.

It's fine if you don't have any expectations about it.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 7
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up