ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 366 of 2693
« First < 266316356362363364365366 3673683693703764164668661366 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:18 PM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Not to mention that Watson has a significantly worse arm than Alex Smith.

49 on velocity is slooowwwww. Peters is going to pick off Watson so easily because it takes forever for the ball to get to the receiver.

Alex Smith had 55, Mahomes 60 incidentally.
Yea, i've seen people compare Alex's arm to Watson....no no no no.

Smith's arm is NFL caliber. No, it's not a cannon, but he has the velocity and accuracy to make any throw on the field. Smith's limitations are not physical. His arm is live, he's athletic and quick when he scrambles.

Watson otoh....
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:19 PM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I really hope they throw Watson out there week one. I don't even care if he does have some success, I just want to see what he can do.

The severe lack of velocity means he is going to have to be extremely accurate to make tough throws. His windows are already much smaller than the average QB due to it.

Also, he played with three NFL wide receivers last year, at least. Tons of talent on that team.

Houston isn't exactly stocked with offensive talent either, especially now that Fuller is out. It's Hopkins, Miller, and a below average OL.
Not just accurate, but he needs to throw with impeccable anticipation.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:26 PM 08-02-2017
Right he needs to completely understand the offense to be able to anticipate windows.

I mean I guess he could surprise me but I fear he's going to get chewed up. He needs time to sit more than Mahomes does.

Mahomes' arm talent will make up for some of his ignorance, Watson not so much.

But :-) that the dudes on 810 (other than Brisco) just love Watson because he's a winner. Yeah. Okay.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 05:29 PM 08-02-2017
What I like about Mahomes is that he's coachable and works hard. The flaws that he brings in have got to be ironed out or we will have Cutler 2.0 on our hands (huge exaggeration). The patience will pay off in the long run for him, it seems Smith is primed to have his best season and allowing Patrick to absorb every facet of this complicated offense is gonna be needed if we want this team to not skip a beat when there is a changing of the guard
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 05:31 PM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yea, i've seen people compare Alex's arm to Watson....no no no no.

Smith's arm is NFL caliber. No, it's not a cannon, but he has the velocity and accuracy to make any throw on the field. Smith's limitations are not physical. His arm is live, he's athletic and quick when he scrambles.

Watson otoh....
Apparently his shoulder injury a decade ago did a doozy on his ability to throw it downfield. His ability to hit strikes inside 20 yards doesn't seem phased by it tho
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:31 PM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
What I like about Mahomes is that he's coachable and works hard. The flaws that he brings in have got to be ironed out or we will have Cutler 2.0 on our hands (huge exaggeration). The patience will pay off in the long run for him, it seems Smith is primed to have his best season and allowing Patrick to absorb every facet of this complicated offense is gonna be needed if we want this team to not skip a beat when there is a changing of the guard
Well look at you...:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:33 PM 08-02-2017
Apparently his shoulder injury a decade ago did a doozy on his ability to throw it downfield. His ability to hit strikes inside 20 yards doesn't seem phased by it tho
Who? Smith?

Smith can throw the deep ball just fine. He chooses not to because he's risk adverse.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:39 PM 08-02-2017

I think we are witnessing the best of both worlds in that Alex Smith seems to have a fire lit and Mahomes seems willing to learn.

Cutler had talent he's just an arrogant boob who doesn't give a f about you or your mom or whatever horse you rode in on. Or learning offenses. Or winning. He was a total waste.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 05:39 PM 08-02-2017
Who? Smith?

Smith can throw the deep ball just fine. He chooses not to because he's risk adverse.
I wish he would more. He's got a nice deep ball that's pretty accurate!

Smith's his own worse enemy...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:46 PM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Smith's his own worse enemy...
Now don't be modest
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:51 PM 08-02-2017
Who? Smith?

Mahomes thread
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:19 PM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Mahomes thread

[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 06:20 PM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think we are witnessing the best of both worlds in that Alex Smith seems to have a fire lit and Mahomes seems willing to learn.
I agree with this and I think this is exactly what Reid and Dorsey had in mind.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:23 PM 08-02-2017

[Reply]
SAUTO 06:29 PM 08-02-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
I should save you the embarrassment and delete this post
[Reply]
Page 366 of 2693
« First < 266316356362363364365366 3673683693703764164668661366 > Last »
Up