ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 25
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I have NEVER seen this much crying in my lifetime
staylor26 06:34 PM 01-31-2023
It doesn't matter whether it's Bengals fans, the media, other NFL fans, etc. the crying over the Chiefs/Bengals game is like nothing I've ever seen before.

There wasn't some super obvious bad call/non-call either like the Saints/Rams that one year.

Is it because it's the Chiefs? Are we really in everybody's heads to the point that they're losing their fucking minds?

What an absolute joke.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:00 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Hark Clunt:
I’m not gonna put it past NFL refs trying to swing a result here and there (looking at you Cheffers), but this idea that the NFL needs to ”force narratives” is so stupid. You can create narratives out of any matchup. Like the idea that the NFL wanted Mahomes to play at State Farm Stadium is just ridiculous. What difference does this make for any of the parties involved? Besides, there was the opportunity for State Farm to get a Mahomes-Rodgers matchup a few years ago, and that didn’t get rigged. So why this?

Let’s do a little thought experiment and say this game is being held in Dallas instead of Phoenix. I can already think of narratives. The Eagles winning the Super Bowl in their arch rival’s stadium? That’s just too perfect. Mahomes returning to his home state? Quite the coincidence. Hell, the Hunt family is also from Texas and the Chiefs originated in Dallas! My God, this can’t be an accident!

What if the 49ers won? We have a rematch! The MVP vs Mr. Irrelevant in the Super Bowl? You can’t be serious, that’s something straight out of a movie. Pope FRANcis? Jesuit conspiracy? That was actually something I read. :-)
I’m sure they love the idea of a Reid bowl. However the big financial opportunity was sports gambling in Ohio. And they want to stoke the burrow mahomes or Allen mahomes rivalry. And is there any doubt they’ve been wanting buffalo to do well? Why did they get clubbed by the bengals?
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:07 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
There's thousands of Bengals fans on social media screaming the game is rigged, too.

Are they complete dipshits that would be present in any fanbase or does the sheer number of them complaining suggest that, by and large, Bengals fans are a miserable bunch of sore losers that can't accept that their stupid (and even repulsive) trash talk all week didn't turn out the be true?
I'd say it's pretty normal for fans to complain after a big loss when referees are involved, because referees are simply bad and not able to keep up with the athletes that play the game today.

The Bengals are no different than any team. Thousands and thousands of bad fans that act out stupidly when something doesn't go their way.

If you don't like trash talk, so be it. I like to try and have fun with it as much as i can. Chiefs players got the last laugh and that's the way it works.

To the winner go the spoils.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:11 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
I'd say it's pretty normal for fans to complain after a big loss when referees are involved, because referees are simply bad and not able to keep up with the athletes that play the game today.

The Bengals are no different than any team. Thousands and thousands of bad fans that act out stupidly when something doesn't go their way.

If you don't like trash talk, so be it. I like to try and have fun with it as much as i can. Chiefs players got the last laugh and that's the way it works.

I have no problem with trash talk, when it's football trash talk and it's ribbing between both teams.

For a week, my social media alternated between "Chiefs have no chance", "Burrowhead", or pictures of Patrick Mahomes' family with a picture Burrow that said "daddy".

I don't like when it's so prevalent that it might as well be fucking spam nor do I like it when they start trash talking people's family, especially a fucking toddler.

Just own it. The Bengals and their fans talked ALL week and then couldn't back it up on the field. They're not salty because they lost - they're salty because they can't accept reality. They were so convinced the Bengals were going to win that any other outcome just doesn't fit their delusion.
[Reply]
headsnap 02:13 PM 02-01-2023
There's thousands of Bengals fans on social media screaming the game is rigged, too.

Are they complete dipshits that would be present in any fanbase or does the sheer number of them complaining suggest that, by and large, Bengals fans are a miserable bunch of sore losers that can't accept that their stupid (and even repulsive) trash talk all week didn't turn out the be true?
Living in Louisville, KY, we are smack dab in bandwagon Bengal/Colt/(to a lesser extent)Titans fan territory... it's unbearable here with the 'casual' fan rigged talk.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:15 PM 02-01-2023

That's the thing to do now. If/when you lose, simply claim the outcome was "rigged." There will be thousands/millions of people who will support the notion.

It's an entitlement issue, IMO. If my team doesn't win, well, that's impossible because we're supposed to be the winners. IT WAS RIGGED!!!
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:16 PM 02-01-2023
I have no problem with trash talk, when it's football trash talk and it's ribbing between both teams.

For a week, my social media alternated between "Chiefs have no chance", "Burrowhead", or pictures of Patrick Mahomes' family with a picture Burrow that said "daddy".

I don't like when it's so prevalent that it might as well be ****ing spam nor do I like it when they start trash talking people's family, especially a ****ing toddler.

Just own it. The Bengals and their fans talked ALL week and then couldn't back it up on the field. They're not salty because they lost - they're salty because they can't accept reality. They were so convinced the Bengals were going to win that any other outcome just doesn't fit their delusion.
I own everything i say. I can't speak for a single other fan out there. Doesn't mean i like what anyone else does. Case in point: stupid Mayors.

If Mike Hilton runs his mouth about "Burrowhead" then he better go out and walk it. Otherwise, you get it right in the ass.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 02:18 PM 02-01-2023

I think this is probably the most reasonable and cogent post you've made on this site. More of this please.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:19 PM 02-01-2023
The referees are involved in every game, and most of the "bad" calls Bengals fans are complaining about weren't bad at all.

The "extra" 3rd down? A routine occurrence when the crowd isn't ridiculously loud, and it didn't impact the game anyway. The intentional grounding couldn't have been more obvious. The late hit out of bounds? No rational person could claim it wasn't a penalty.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs had a touchdown and an interception negated by penalties, but that seems to have been forgotten.
[Reply]
tredadda 02:21 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
Right? Let the losers bitch and moan while we enjoy the Chiefs in another Super Bowl.
Yup. Pretty sure Brady, Bill, and Patriots fans in general don’t give a crap what anyone else thinks of them and their six SBs (Seven for Brady).
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 02:21 PM 02-01-2023

I don't like when it's so prevalent that it might as well be ****ing spam nor do I like it when they start trash talking people's family, especially a ****ing toddler.

Blaming the refs is much easier than accepting that your team got beat, and that your quarterback and all world receivers blew two chances to take the lead late in the 4th. I get it, I struggled with accepting that Mahomes and the offense shit the bed in last seasons AFCCG.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:23 PM 02-01-2023
I own everything i say. I can't speak for a single other fan out there. Doesn't mean i like what anyone else does. Case in point: stupid Mayors.

If Mike Hilton runs his mouth about "Burrowhead" then he better go out and walk it. Otherwise, you get it right in the ass.
Was it shocking that Mike Hilton was the worst DB on the field Sunday night, for either team?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:25 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by PattyFlakes:
Blaming the refs is much easier than accepting that your team got beat, and that your quarterback and all world receivers blew two chances to take the lead late in the 4th. I get it, I struggled with accepting that Mahomes and the offense shit the bed in last seasons AFCCG.
That's just the thing

Aside from our friend here, who chose to not only be classy but stick around after the game, I've seen plenty of evidence that suggests the average Bengal fan CAN'T accept a loss because they simply can't believe it happened.

They were so convinced they were going to win that they built a shared delusion around it. The Chiefs winning doesn't match with "their" reality so like any mentally unstable person, they devolve into paranoia, like the NFL being rigged.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:25 PM 02-01-2023

Probably the former.. the game basically ended on a penalty, so there will be far more of it than normal no matter how legit it was, and for the idiots out there, it just helps paint a picture of being rigged.

I suspect there wouldn't have been nearly the same level of crying if it weren't for the push out of bounds, even if many are now scouring game footage to prop up their rigging narrative.

If Burrow throws a pick 6 to end it or Mahomes throws to a wide open Kelce 40 yards down field for the TD, no one is talking about the refs.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 02:31 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
The referees are involved in every game, and most of the "bad" calls Bengals fans are complaining about weren't bad at all.

The "extra" 3rd down? A routine occurrence when the crowd isn't ridiculously loud, and it didn't impact the game anyway. The intentional grounding couldn't have been more obvious. The late hit out of bounds? No rational person could claim it wasn't a penalty.

Meanwhile, the Chiefs had a touchdown and an interception negated by penalties, but that seems to have been forgotten.
Like i said. I'm not going to speak for what someone else says. I have no problem with the extra down (because it didn't lead to anything that would fuel more "rigged" talk) or the push (because it was a legit push). I'm also not going to get into a debate about calls in general.

Want to win the game, make more plays and stop the other team. Want to whine about it when the game is over and you didn't come out on top. *shrug* I can't fix stupid.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:33 PM 02-01-2023
That's just the thing

Aside from our friend here, who chose to not only be classy but stick around after the game, I've seen plenty of evidence that suggests the average Bengal fan CAN'T accept a loss because they simply can't believe it happened.

They were so convinced they were going to win that they built a shared delusion around it. The Chiefs winning doesn't match with "their" reality so like any mentally unstable person, they devolve into paranoia, like the NFL being rigged.
This. How many people here were accusing Reid and/or Mahomes of intentionally taking a dive in last year's AFCCG? The idiocy extends to every fan base.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 25
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up