ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 843 of 934
« First < 343743793833839840841842843 844845846847853893 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
petegz28 11:38 AM 03-09-2022
I'm not big on "volume" but I am not seeing the kind of volume I would like to see to justify these big gains today.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:09 PM 03-09-2022
HALFCAN did you get out for sure today?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:16 PM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I'm getting embarrassed for you and so are others based on the rep messages I'm getting on this thread and your posts. Yikes.

Charts mean nothing when it's being squeezed. Charts currently means something when the stock is down 78% from it's all time high.

I made some money on AMC but I'm not dumb enough to be holding it long term like you are. If you were skilled you'd have shifted money to other stocks or just taken profit and stayed out. You have no plan but hoping a "meme" stock goes to the moon (maybe it already has!). Your current average on the stock fucking sucks!

And is anyone supposed to be impressed by 12K? That means nothing. Did you make 12k on a $1M account or using 10k? Only one of those is impressive. Talk in percentages so people can even pretend you aren't full of shit.
I'm increasingly convinced he's just trolling.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:05 PM 03-09-2022
Amazon splitting 20-1. Kind of surprised. I thought Bezos would have to step down as chairman before that'd happen.
[Reply]
Halfcan 07:26 PM 03-09-2022
HALFCAN did you get out for sure today?
No, I actually took your advice and let it ride. Most of my stocks will be paying dividends in the next few weeks, so decided to keep everything.

My accounts were up huge today.

Thanks! :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 07:32 PM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Amazon splitting 20-1. Kind of surprised. I thought Bezos would have to step down as chairman before that'd happen.
I'm shocked too.

Have you found a purchase date needed to buy shares that get the spilt?

Originally Posted by Halfcan:
No, I actually took your advice and let it ride. Most of my stocks will be paying dividends in the next few weeks, so decided to keep everything.

My accounts were up huge today.

Thanks! :-)
But what if this is the dead cat bounce before we plummet 50%?
[Reply]
Miles 07:40 PM 03-09-2022
I found this and looks like it has to be approved by shareholders as well
Originally Posted by :
The company plans to execute the split on or about June 3 for shareholders of record as of May 27.
https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/stor...00-11646862955
[Reply]
Jenson71 08:19 PM 03-09-2022
I just learned that if you file married separately, you can basically only contribute to a Roth IRA if you make less than $10k in earned income that year. You don't have the same limitation with contributions to a Trad IRA.

So if you insist on filing separately (as I do), you need to fill out a form that recharacterizes your Roth IRA contribution into a Trad IRA contribution for that year.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:21 PM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by Jenson71:
I just learned that if you file married separately, you can basically only contribute to a Roth IRA if you make less than $10k in earned income that year. You don't have the same limitation with contributions to a Trad IRA.

So if you insist on filing separately (as I do), you need to fill out a form that recharacterizes your Roth IRA contribution into a Trad IRA contribution for that year.
You at least get to deduct the Traditional IRA payments.

Why are you filing MFS? I’ve honestly never heard a good reason not to file MFJ
[Reply]
Jenson71 08:29 PM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Why are you filing MFS? I’ve honestly never heard a good reason not to.
It's the only reason I know of: income based repayment plans for student loans will consider all income if filing jointly; or just the borrower's income if filing separately. So if the spouse/non-borrower has a relatively similar income or greater income compared to the borrower in repayment, it can really "inflate" the monthly payment requirement, to the point where even the advantages of MFJ are negated.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:35 PM 03-09-2022
WTF would you want to contribute to a Traditional IRA? Assuming you don't make too much to not qualify for a Roth?
[Reply]
petegz28 08:37 PM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Why are you filing MFS? I’ve honestly never heard a good reason not to file MFJ
Unless you make too much $ or are 100% convinced taxes will be lower when you retire, why would you want a Traditional IRA?
[Reply]
Jenson71 08:41 PM 03-09-2022
Buehler's right, though -- if you don't do the Roth because of this situation, he's pointing out that there's at least this silver lining of the deduction with the Trad.
[Reply]
MTG#10 08:43 PM 03-09-2022
I'm getting embarrassed for you and so are others based on the rep messages I'm getting on this thread and your posts. Yikes.
:-)

Do you think I really give a shit what some random strangers on the internet agree or disagree with me on. Your need for approval/self validation is what's really embarrassing...yikes is right.

Charts mean nothing when it's being squeezed. Charts currently means something when the stock is down 78% from it's all time high.
When I talked about watching the chart way back when (and you can go back and look it up) it wasn't during a squeeze, yet you still ridiculed me...until it came time for you to point to the chart to help your argument. Hypocrite.

I made some money on AMC but I'm not dumb enough to be holding it long term like you are. If you were skilled you'd have shifted money to other stocks or just taken profit and stayed out. You have no plan but hoping a "meme" stock goes to the moon (maybe it already has!). Your current average on the stock ****ing sucks!
Again, why the **** are you so concerned about what I do with my money? What I've been doing has worked very well for me, so **** off. My average right now sucks, but do you honestly believe it'll never at least break into the mid-20's again? If so you're a bigger dumbass than you're acting. I've said time and time again, the stock market is a gamble for me. I don't care about meager gains like you, I want to use it to go big or go home. Get over it.

And is anyone supposed to be impressed by 12K? That means nothing. Did you make 12k on a $1M account or using 10k? Only one of those is impressive. Talk in percentages so people can even pretend you aren't full of shit.
When I first started investing in the stock market I put $5k in. Grew it to over $80k in less than a year. Have you ever had over a 1500% increase in 8-10 months? The majority of that was GME and AMC. I have taken profits on both many times. I have been down really big at times but they have always come back and I have no doubt in my mind they'll be back again. See, I'm not a paperhanded pussy like you, I can weather the storm for a big payoff down the road.

Here's a great video on Wall Street corruption from Jon Stewart and how the apes have brought attention to it. You stock market boomers are just mad that we're changing how the game is played and you've missed out on the ride because you're too stupid and stubborn to take a risk.

[Reply]
-King- 08:51 PM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
:-)

Do you think I really give a shit what some random strangers on the internet agree or disagree with me on. Your need for approval/self validation is what's really embarrassing...yikes is right.

When I talked about watching the chart way back when (and you can go back and look it up) it wasn't during a squeeze, yet you still ridiculed me...until it came time for you to point to the chart to help your argument. Hypocrite.

Again, why the **** are you so concerned about what I do with my money? What I've been doing has worked very well for me, so **** off. My average right now sucks, but do you honestly believe it'll never at least break into the mid-20's again? If so you're a bigger dumbass than you're acting. I've said time and time again, the stock market is a gamble for me. I don't care about meager gains like you, I want to use it to go big or go home. Get over it.

When I first started investing in the stock market I put $5k in. Grew it to over $80k in less than a year. Have you ever had over a 1500% increase in 8-10 months? The majority of that was GME and AMC. I have taken profits on both many times. I have been down really big at times but they have always come back and I have no doubt in my mind they'll be back again. See, I'm not a paperhanded pussy like you, I can weather the storm for a big payoff down the road.

Here's a great video on Wall Street corruption from Jon Stewart and how the apes have brought attention to it. You stock market boomers are just mad that we're changing how the game is played and you've missed out on the ride because you're too stupid and stubborn to take a risk.

You're unironically an ape :-). Do you post to superstonk too?
[Reply]
Page 843 of 934
« First < 343743793833839840841842843 844845846847853893 > Last »
Up