Page 841 of 934
« First < 341741791831837838839840841 842843844845851891 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:26 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Tired of seeing my accounts in the red- thinking of liquidating everything?

3 more years of this shit and my accounts will be worthless.
LOL bunch of rookies hitting their first bear market.

Either learn how to trade and take money of the table quickly daily/weekly or decide you're in it for the long haul and invest money when things are down in solid companies, ETFs or index funds.

What's 3 more years? I don't think this will be a massive bear market and I do think we'll get a solid ride to all-time highs sometime in the next 1-2 years before a monster 50%+ bear comes along in 2-4 years. But again, it's all speculation and if one person out there could perfect timing the market.....we'd all be rich.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:26 PM 03-07-2022
Tired of seeing my accounts in the red- thinking of liquidating everything?

3 more years of this shit and my accounts will be worthless.
LOL, Warren Buffett would call you a fool.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:29 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Bought 150 more AMC today @ 15, average down to 21.32/share now. Still up big overall, and will be buying this site from Kyle when it rips again.
Originally Posted by -King-:
Wut?
Still up big? With what? AMC is down 78% from it's all time high. Deciding to die on a hill with real money just seems foolish, all while claiming you're up "big."

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm presuming he's getting the "up big" comment from sales he made while it was high.

It's like, the only way.
He just bought at 15 and his average is still up at 21.32. AMC needs to go up 41% for him to break even from it's current price.

That's math.

And look at that trend line!!!!

[Reply]
Halfcan 08:59 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
LOL bunch of rookies hitting their first bear market.

Either learn how to trade and take money of the table quickly daily/weekly or decide you're in it for the long haul and invest money when things are down in solid companies, ETFs or index funds.

What's 3 more years? I don't think this will be a massive bear market and I do think we'll get a solid ride to all-time highs sometime in the next 1-2 years before a monster 50%+ bear comes along in 2-4 years. But again, it's all speculation and if one person out there could perfect timing the market.....we'd all be rich.
Rookie-I was trading stocks when you were still in diapers. I am invested for the long-term / Div income and have done well. It is pretty obvious that this administration does not plan on doing anything about oil prices or inflation.

I don't feel like taking a ride to the bottom when I can protect my gains and then get back in after the long slide.

BTW I Am invested in ETF's and "solid" companies. Everything has been in a downward spiral and I don't see any good news on the horizon to make things change.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:05 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
LOL, Warren Buffett would call you a fool.
Buffet has invested in plenty of dogs over the last few years. Maybe if I had a massive war chest like he has- I would do some bargain shopping.

The only thing propping up the economy from a complete collapse is the Real Estate market- which is on the biggest bubble I have ever seen.

All you need to do is look back on the Obama years to see where we are headed. They are talking about $200 bucks for a barrel of oil.

Next big Green day- I am out.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:12 PM 03-07-2022
Buffet has invested in plenty of dogs over the last few years. Maybe if I had a massive war chest like he has- I would do some bargain shopping.

The only thing propping up the economy from a complete collapse is the Real Estate market- which is on the biggest bubble I have ever seen.

All you need to do is look back on the Obama years to see where we are headed. They are talking about $200 bucks for a barrel of oil.

See my post earlier # 12593 and get a clue.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:14 PM 03-07-2022
Rookie-I was trading stocks when you were still in diapers. I am invested for the long-term / Div income and have done well. It is pretty obvious that this administration does not plan on doing anything about oil prices or inflation.

I don't feel like taking a ride to the bottom when I can protect my gains and then get back in after the long slide.

BTW I Am invested in ETF's and "solid" companies. Everything has been in a downward spiral and I don't see any good news on the horizon to make things change.

I definitely don't like where we are headed either but choosing to sit out of the market fully because you don't like the president has been proven to be foolish.

And if you missed out on the gains during the Obama years, it's truly my apologies to you, grandpa.

[Reply]
Halfcan 09:26 PM 03-07-2022
I definitely don't like where we are headed either but choosing to sit out of the market fully because you don't like the president has been proven to be foolish.

And if you missed out on the gains during the Obama years, it's truly my apologies to you, grandpa.

Liking or not liking the President has nothing to do with what is happening in the real world.

Gas going up 20 cents a day is unsustainable. I just paid $118.00 for groceries at Walmart- that were less than $100 two week ago- again unsustainable. People paying 30-40% over list price for homes- unsustainable.

If you can't see that the economy is headed for a major recession- my apologies to you as well.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:29 PM 03-07-2022
When people are fearfull it's time to load the boat.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:36 PM 03-07-2022

All you need to do is look back on the Obama years to see where we are headed.
So are we headed for 150% gains?!?!?!?!

/see the chart on presidents

If you can't see that the economy is headed for a major recession- my apologies to you as well.
I agree but when and how far that happens in the stock market is hard to know. If you sell now you've already absorbed a 20% loss in the NASDAQ. How will you know when to get back in? What if the market rebounds from here back to all-time highs?
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:37 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
See my post earlier # 12593 and get a clue.
Is that the same post where you made a penny before falling back to even?

I bought into a few energy stocks after the Covid crash. All of them have doubled and are good Div companies.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:48 PM 03-07-2022
So are we headed for 150% gains?!?!?!?!

/see the chart on presidents

I agree but when and how far that happens in the stock market is hard to know. If you sell now you've already absorbed a 20% loss in the NASDAQ. How will you know when to get back in? What if the market rebounds from here back to all-time highs?
I will still be investing in my 401 k and company stock purchases- the company match will help offset any short-term losses.

I am only looking to protect the gains in my stock account. I am not sure why you think this is such a bad move considering the state of the union.
[Reply]
scho63 04:54 AM 03-08-2022
This is going to pop hard.

I go on Realtor.com a lot and check out the Property History to see what the house sold for last and when.

When I see a townhome of 2,200 sq ft sell for $895,000 when it sold at $375,000 just 5 years ago, you know this shit is going to end bad.

I can't speak to every market in the US but Phoenix area is in a massive bubble and so are many other markets.

Bubbles never end well.

The end will occur when everyone says to buy Real Estate, can't lose.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:56 AM 03-08-2022
I will still be investing in my 401 k and company stock purchases- the company match will help offset any short-term losses.

I am only looking to protect the gains in my stock account. I am not sure why you think this is such a bad move considering the state of the union.
Well thanks for clarifying because initially you made it sound like you were ALL out across the board.

I'm continuing DCA into my 401k and ROTH IRA but I've been basically 100% cash in my trading account for months as setups for trading have been poor.
[Reply]
lewdog 11:16 AM 03-08-2022
HALFCAN IT’S time to sell.

Green!!!!
[Reply]
Page 841 of 934
« First < 341741791831837838839840841 842843844845851891 > Last »
Up