« First < 340740790830836837838839840 841842843844850890 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:09 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Technicals are out the window now.
Yeah, as I feared, the immediate support levels are getting blasted.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:09 PM 03-07-2022
Down over 3% on the QQQs.....
[Reply]
MTG#10 02:20 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Already paid your Mom and sister $5 each for two blow jobs and a rim job.

Wanna bet your existence on CP?

You have no balls, just a big bullshit mouth and a loser strategy.

Gonna take the bet pussy?
Dude I dont give a shit where your dumbass has or hasn't been. If you really have been there that makes you an even bigger moron than I already knew you were for thinking their main line of business was still phones. And I guranfuckingtee my "loser strategy" has netted me more in the last couple years than yours has.

Now stop getting so worked up before your fatass strokes out or has a heart attack.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:44 PM 03-07-2022
I recognize that I'm an optimist on this stuff, though historically optimism is a good thing for investing in stocks.

But here's my thinking. Some of this drop (and much of the recent drop) is due to the Ukraine invasion. It's a war, so it'll end or stalemate at some point. Unless the world goes insane and a bunch of nuclear launches destroy civilization, that means we'll gain back those losses once the uncertainty ends. And if civilization is destroyed, my money's gone anyway. So this seems like a time to buy.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:03 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I recognize that I'm an optimist on this stuff, though historically optimism is a good thing for investing in stocks.

But here's my thinking. Some of this drop (and much of the recent drop) is due to the Ukraine invasion. It's a war, so it'll end or stalemate at some point. Unless the world goes insane and a bunch of nuclear launches destroy civilization, that means we'll gain back those losses once the uncertainty ends. And if civilization is destroyed, my money's gone anyway. So this seems like a time to buy.
I already borrowed 20K at 6% interest to throw at this mess two weeks ago.

Your post would make Warren Buffett proud.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:11 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:

It flipped over before that.

I'm a dumbass, but I'm guessing the market movers were scared about the inflation.

Inflation - employment stagnation - :-)

At least that's what happened in the 70s.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 05:01 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Obviously the risk would be if Russia collapsed and they’re worthless, but that seems unlikely.

I know little about bonds. Am I missing something here?

Originally Posted by :
Bloomberg: Morgan Stanley predicts Venezuela-style default in Russia by mid-spring.

Investors have already valued the country’s 2023 bonds at about 29 cents on the U.S. dollar, the lowest figure in history according to data collected by Bloomberg.

[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:10 PM 03-07-2022
Look at these small oil/energy stocks the last few days, Holy cow!

HUSA 495% today alone
OEG 32%
MXC 26% , 84% yesterday
INDO 51% , 101% yesterday
IMPP 119%, 53% yesterday
MARPS 100%
USEG 47%
ENSV 85%
NINE 99%

REI might be next , I just grabbed 200 shares just in case. The floats only 68 million and has short interest at 23%, PRIMED to bust a nut!

EDIT: Bought at $3.85 and it's already at $3.86 an hour later. I'm getting excited!
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:59 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
Holy fucking balls.

What business do they have getting in a war if they're that fucked? Or is it just that the Western Countries set out to fuck Russia in response.

I'd be interested to see the numbers they're using for that analysis because if it's based on the devaluation of the Ruble... it's unlikely it will stay there (I think?) and if there is one thing Russia is not, it's a 3rd world country.
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:01 PM 03-07-2022
Bought 150 more AMC today @ 15, average down to 21.32/share now. Still up big overall, and will be buying this site from Kyle when it rips again.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 07:04 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Or is it just that the Western Countries set out to fuck Russia in response.

I'd be interested to see the numbers they're using for that analysis because if it's based on the devaluation of the Ruble... it's unlikely it will stay there (I think?) and if there is one thing Russia is not, it's a 3rd world country.
It's a combination of the sanctions and actions by companies.
The two banks targeted by sanctions European businesses have already folded.
With the Ruble hurting, the central bank would normally lean on foreign currency reserves but they're limited in that regard.

Shell & BP abandoned multi-billion dollar projects with two large Russian Oil producers. I'm sure they'll sell them at pennies on the dollar.

Visa & MC made it where cards issued by banks in Russia, only work in Russia. Cards issued outside Russia, won't work in Russia. Paypal stopped service to Russia.

Tons of retail vendors have just closed all their shops.

At some point, if you're isolated from the world economy and nobody will invest money into your gov or businesses, does your credit rating even matter?
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:17 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
It's a combination of the sanctions and actions by companies.
The two banks targeted by sanctions European businesses have already folded.
With the Ruble hurting, the central bank would normally lean on foreign currency reserves but they're limited in that regard.

Shell & BP abandoned multi-billion dollar projects with two large Russian Oil producers. I'm sure they'll sell them at pennies on the dollar.

Visa & MC made it where cards issued by banks in Russia, only work in Russia. Cards issued outside Russia, won't work in Russia. Paypal stopped service to Russia.

Tons of retail vendors have just closed all their shops.

At some point, if you're isolated from the world economy and nobody will invest money into your gov or businesses, does your credit rating even matter?
The problem with that line of thinking is that they won't ever not do commerce with China. A majority of their energy imports come from Russia and that isn't changing.

And frankly, from an economic standpoint, it's better to get along, because if it comes to picking sides, China probably goes with Russia. Too much shared border and low-freight commerce to shit where you eat in that regard.

Spoiler for potential DC:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
-King- 08:05 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
Bought 150 more AMC today @ 15, average down to 21.32/share now. Still up big overall, and will be buying this site from Kyle when it rips again.
Wut?
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:10 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Wut?
I'm presuming he's getting the "up big" comment from sales he made while it was high.

It's like, the only way.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:22 PM 03-07-2022
Tired of seeing my accounts in the red- thinking of liquidating everything?

3 more years of this shit and my accounts will be worthless.
[Reply]
Page 840 of 934
« First < 340740790830836837838839840 841842843844850890 > Last »
Up