Nzoner's Game Room>Bitcoin Take?
ChiefRocka 11:41 AM 02-15-2013
Bitcoin disrupts gold
Ethereum disrupts financial services
There will be others...

[Reply]
Shaid 02:58 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by Kopinto:
I guess this is a dead cat's bounce before the dive to 500-700.
We'll see. If it dives down there, I'll buy more.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:03 PM 01-28-2023
Crypto is not to buy. It is to live on.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:52 PM 05-31-2023
I just lost $10,000 worth of BTC because the wallet must have given me a false receiving address. I don't use wallets outside of Trezor, Nano Ledger etc very often except for small amounts for spending money but I've used this one in the past on a different device and never had an issue.

I provided the receiving address to the sender. They said they sent. Nothing shows in my wallet or transactions. I looked up the receiving address in a blockchain explorer and it shows it was indeed sent. I'm puzzled. I didn't take a screenshot of the app showing me the bitcoin receiving address but I logged it in two different notes.

I thought maybe the wallet was messed up so I used a different wallet to restore my seed but still shows nothing.

So sad. I don't really know what to do or anything I can do. It was a wallet that gives receiving addresses that start with "bc" and spits you out a brand new one everytime. I don't even know how to see the prior receiving addresses the wallet gave me.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 05:05 AM 06-01-2023
Probably sent with low fee, large transaction backlog lately leading to slow confirmation times. Give it a while. As long as you can see the transaction ID and the "To" "From" addresses are solid then you're good.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:00 AM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
Probably sent with low fee, large transaction backlog lately leading to slow confirmation times. Give it a while. As long as you can see the transaction ID and the "To" "From" addresses are solid then you're good.
Luckily got this figured out. I'm not tech saavy enough to understand but they said they had to resync my wallet with their nodes. Sure enough restarted it and funds then showed up. Really quick support though.
[Reply]
bdj23 10:22 AM 06-01-2023
I almost cashed out some ACR last night but decided against it because i was drunk and couldn't remember the steps.

Losing some btc into the abyss is a big fear of mine.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:33 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I almost cashed out some ACR last night but decided against it because i was drunk and couldn't remember the steps.

Losing some btc into the abyss is a big fear of mine.
If you are playing cash games on ACR you are just wasting your time. The tourneys also aren't very good, just big first place prizes. But at least they have crypto deposits and withdrawals and Global doesn't.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:37 PM 06-01-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If you are playing cash games on ACR you are just wasting your time. The tourneys also aren't very good, just big first place prizes. But at least they have crypto deposits and withdrawals and Global doesn't.
I havent played on global since covid. I mainly play Omaha cash or some of their tournaments. I've been reading that ACR has the toughest games for USA players.
[Reply]
digger 11:18 AM 08-18-2023
Bitcoin drops to $25k today? What's going on?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:28 AM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by digger:
Bitcoin drops to $25k today? What's going on?
I'm not sure, wish my Shibu Inu coin would take off tho.....

I wonder if Crypto could be used a leading indicator to certain stocks
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:36 AM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I wonder if Crypto could be used a leading indicator to certain stocks

https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/COIN
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:38 AM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/COIN
you think it has to do with shrinking liquidity in the market?
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 11:45 AM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
you think it has to do with shrinking liquidity in the market?

i mean, i have been wrong before on this type of stuff but I always thought one of the reasons BTC was so high in the 1st place was excess liquidity, and free money (near zero rates).

These things lead to rampant speculation, and thats all that BTC is is speculatory.

So if you remove liquidity and raise interest rates, I think it is natural that speculatory things like tech companies that make no money, houses that cost more than they should, and digital coins that have no real value other than speculation are going to come back down in price.

We are entering a period of more normal interest rates and normal liquidity.. so i think prices should normalize. Many people mistakenly think this is "high interest rates" or that we are in a very restrictive liquidity situation right now. Its not. We aren't. These rates are normal and there are still YEARS worth of excess liquidity in the market that need to be removed through QT.

Full disclosure: I am not a huge believer in bitcoin so take all this for what its worth, but I wouldn't be surprised if BTC goes very low if the normal rates and liquidity persist...
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:47 AM 08-18-2023
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
i mean, i have been wrong before on this type of stuff but I always thought one of the reasons BTC was so high in the 1st place was excess liquidity, and free money (near zero rates).

These things lead to rampant speculation, and thats all that BTC is is speculatory.

So if you remove liquidity and raise interest rates, I think it is natural that speculatory things like tech companies that make no money, houses that cost more than they should, and digital coins that have no real value other than speculation are going to come back down in price.

We are entering a period of more normal interest rates and normal liquidity.. so i think prices should normalize. Many people mistakenly think this is "high interest rates" or that we are in a very restrictive liquidity situation right now. Its not. We aren't. These rates are normal and there are still YEARS worth of excess liquidity in the market that need to be removed through QT.

Full disclosure: I am not a huge believer in bitcoin so take all this for what its worth, but I wouldn't be surprised if BTC goes very low if the normal rates and liquidity persist...
The problem with rates being back to "normal" is housing costs are way out of whack with these "normal" rates. And people waiting for housing prices to drop don't seem to understand that its simple economics. Supple vs demand. We are over 11 million SFH short.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:50 AM 08-18-2023
Supple breasts will always win IMO
[Reply]
Page 257 of 261
« First < 157207247253254255256257 258259260261 >
Up