« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:00 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ask Mike Borgonzi who is basically 2nd in command in draft process after Veach. This is what he said about the Skyy Moore pick:

It’s no secret that Mecole has struggled running routes, catching the ball and doing his job well as a WR after 3 years in this system.

And yes Borgonzi is absolutely talking about Hardman here aka the guy who got benched for about a month last season and replaced by Pringle both on offense and ST’s.

[Reply]

DJ's left nut 10:00 AM 10-25-2022
Ask Mike Borgonzi who is basically 2nd in command in draft process after Veach. This is what he said about the Skyy Moore pick:

It’s no secret that Mecole has struggled running routes, catching the ball and doing his job well as a WR after 3 years in this system.

And yes Borgonzi is absolutely talking about Hardman here aka the guy who got benched for about a month last season and replaced by Pringle both on offense and ST’s.
And this year his 'replacement' is struggling to get on the field and just ran a route that led directly to a pick.

Oh, and 'will run the right routes and catch the ball' sure sounds a lot like 'he'll take what's blocked' when we drafted CEH.

Sometimes that kind of stuff is just code for "limited ceiling".
[Reply]
RunKC 10:03 AM 10-25-2022
Skyy Moore making rookie mistakes in his 7th NFL game is understandable.

Mecole Hardman making the same mistakes in his 3rd year leading to him getting benched for Byron Pringle is a whole different story
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:05 AM 10-25-2022
[Reply]
RunKC 10:06 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Nor is that JuJu's or MVS's or Watkins or hell, Terrell Owens.

Andy has always had a bit of variety in his receiving group.
Something interesting to ponder. Andy wanted Juju for 2 years and finally got him. He’s a similar type of WR as TO…big, strong, good athleticism, breaks tackles.

I wonder if Andy felt like he found that guy and didn’t need Pickens bc of that?

JMO but I think Juju is here long term. Andy loves him
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:07 AM 10-25-2022

Mecole Hardman making the same mistakes in his 3rd year leading to him getting benched for Byron Pringle is a whole different story
Holding onto a 3 season grudge when it's obvious to anyone that's watching that he's developing year over year is likewise inexplicable.

He's not the same player. There's a legit dynamic weapon here and I'd hate to be the team that lets him walk only to see him go all Joe Horn on us.

There are loud tools here - I'm willing to gamble on them.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:09 AM 10-25-2022
Something interesting to ponder. Andy wanted Juju for 2 years and finally got him. He’s a similar type of WR as TO…big, strong, good athleticism, breaks tackles.

I wonder if Andy felt like he found that guy and didn’t need Pickens bc of that?

One of like the only guys from my favorite college team to actually play for the Chiefs...
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:12 AM 10-25-2022

I think if Pickens had been there when the Chiefs picked after the trade down, Pickens would be a Chief.

I firmly believe they looked at Pickens/Moore/Pierce as similarly graded players and woulda been fine with any of them. Hence why they traded down.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think if Pickens had been there when the Chiefs picked after the trade down, Pickens would be a Chief.

I firmly believe they looked at Pickens/Moore/Pierce as similarly graded players and woulda been fine with any of them. Hence why they traded down.
100%

I don't think you risk a trade down behind 3 WR needy teams for a 5th round pick if you have any of those guys rated as notably better than any of the other ones.

I didn't agree with them, but that's absolutely how I think they viewed it.
[Reply]
O.city 10:25 AM 10-25-2022
They shoulda zigged when everyone zagged and just taken the DE staring them in the face.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:26 AM 10-25-2022

I think they replaced Watkins w/ JuJu.

They really liked having that physical YAC guy. So much so that they brought him back when it seemed obvious that it was time to move on (and in the end, it was).

I think they'll try to keep JJSS for sure - Andy absolutely wants a guy who can get the ball and run through someone. He clearly has those plays in his play book and hasn't been able to use them for a couple years.

But that's where I get back to what Hardman brings - those routes are FAR more effective when you have someone like Hardman AND MVS out there threatening the safeties. One of those guys and you just roll coverage. With 2 of them, you've gotta pick your poison. You've reached an impossible decision point.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:26 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Holding onto a 3 season grudge when it's obvious to anyone that's watching that he's developing year over year is likewise inexplicable.

He's not the same player. There's a legit dynamic weapon here and I'd hate to be the team that lets him walk only to see him go all Joe Horn on us.

There are loud tools here - I'm willing to gamble on them.
Hardman and Clyde don’t succeed often when they actually have to play their position. The schemes plays like screens and jet sweeps that we saw in SF? They’re great. Running routes downfield and taking a handoff in the backfield looking for the hole?

Those guys just don’t succeed very often doing that.

So again why would you pay either of them 2nd contracts?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:27 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think they replaced Watkins w/ JuJu.

They really liked having that physical YAC guy. So much so that they brought him back when it seemed obvious that it was time to move on (and in the end, it was).

I think they'll try to keep JJSS for sure - Andy absolutely wants a guy who can get the ball and run through someone. He clearly has those plays in his play book and hasn't been able to use them for a couple years.

But that's where I get back to what Hardman brings - those routes are FAR more effective when you have someone like Hardman AND MVS out there threatening the safeties. One of those guys and you just roll coverage. With 2 of them, you've gotta pick your poison. You've reached an impossible decision point.
The question is gonna be more or less what happens with Brown if this team moves on from him they'll have money to keep most everyone provided they can find a LT in the draft.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:28 AM 10-25-2022
Hardman and Clyde don’t succeed often when they actually have to play their position. The schemes plays like screens and jet sweeps that we saw in SF? They’re great. Running routes downfield and taking a handoff in the backfield looking for the hole?

Those guys just don’t succeed very often doing that.

So again why would you pay either of them 2nd contracts?
CEH is a dime a dozen, Hardman is not, teams value explosive athletes.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM 10-25-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
They shoulda zigged when everyone zagged and just taken the DE staring them in the face.
Is it fair to assume at this point that you're just trying to piss me off?
[Reply]
Page 113 of 280
« First < 1363103109110111112113 114115116117123163213 > Last »
Up